[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Sasquatch wrote:"Not Found
The requested URL /pub/mozdev/twanno/tabclickingoptions.xpi was not found on this server."

Keep trying. The mozdev mirrors are slow to update. I can't get 0.1.01 so far, but I'll give it another go when I get home from work :)

Twanno, it might be a good idea to mail these extensions to Sboulema for inclusion on his Extensions Mirror... it'll be quicker than waiting for mozdev to propogate. Thanks for looking into the problem for me :)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Bumping :) There's still no working URL for 0.1.01, and the other one seems to still be propogating slowly. I guess there's a problem on mozdev :(
Ophelia42

Post by Ophelia42 »

Two things:

The working url for 0.1.01 is http://ftp.scarlet.be/pub/mozdev/twanno ... 0.1.01.xpi (If that doesn't work, try clicking the link in the first post and then changing the url manually to add the dash)

But I can't seem to get this to work. I have dbl click on a tab set to reload and double click on the tab bar set to duplicate tab. Neither setting works though the middle click on tab setting set to close tab DOES work.

ETA: but that middle click thing is default, so that doesn't help.
Ophelia42

Post by Ophelia42 »

Ok, some further checking - I can set reload and duplicate tab to anything BUT double clicking somewhere and it works, but if I try to either reload or duplicate tab using a double click (either on the tab bar or on a tab) it doesn't work.

I don't think this is from interference with another extension, because I tried it on a clean profile with only tabclicking options installed and it didn't work there either.
Windows XP SP2, Firefox 0.9.3
twanno

Post by twanno »

Ophelia42 wrote:Ok, some further checking - I can set reload and duplicate tab to anything BUT double clicking somewhere and it works, but if I try to either reload or duplicate tab using a double click (either on the tab bar or on a tab) it doesn't work.

I don't think this is from interference with another extension, because I tried it on a clean profile with only tabclicking options installed and it didn't work there either.

You're right, I should have tested it more extensively on firefox 0.9 - 0.9.3. Since then functions have been changed that handle double clicking (try for instance clicking left immediately followed by a right click; it will be handled as a double click in 0.9.3). I'm sorry for the inconvenience, next update will support double clicking in 0.9 - 0.9.3.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Release of version 0.1.1 (20040920)

New in version 0.1.1:
- Fixed double click compatibility with Firefox 0.9 - 0.9.3
- Fixed compatibility with TBP 0.6.11 and 0.6.12
MatthewHSE
Location: Sitting at a computer in Central Illinois, working feverishly on complex CSS layouts

Post by MatthewHSE »

Hey, great extension! Any chance of getting right-click actions added too? ;)
Windows XP Pro SP 2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.91GHz
512MB DDR400 PC3200
mai9

Post by mai9 »

could it be possible to add a "move to sidebar". I want to move the page I am viewing to sidebar so I can have two pages side to side. Is it possible, is it possible? :banana:
twanno

Post by twanno »

mai9 wrote:could it be possible to add a "move to sidebar". I want to move the page I am viewing to sidebar so I can have two pages side to side. Is it possible, is it possible? :banana:

It is possible (screenshot), but it probably takes a lot of time before I can get it working properly.

MatthewHSE wrote: Any chance of getting right-click actions added too? :wink:

Probably not, it could mess up the showing of the contextmenu.
MatthewHSE
Location: Sitting at a computer in Central Illinois, working feverishly on complex CSS layouts

Post by MatthewHSE »

Might it be feasible to have configurable right-click options with the context menu as an option for double-right-click? I rarely if ever use the context menu, but if duplicate tab was a right-click option, I'd sure use it!

Great work just as it is, though. Adds a lot of functionality I'd always wished was available outside of TBE.
Windows XP Pro SP 2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.91GHz
512MB DDR400 PC3200
twanno

Post by twanno »

MatthewHSE wrote:Might it be feasible to have configurable right-click options with the context menu as an option for double-right-click? I rarely if ever use the context menu, but if duplicate tab was a right-click option, I'd sure use it!

Great work just as it is, though. Adds a lot of functionality I'd always wished was available outside of TBE.

I really don't know if I could do this. The context menu is set to the 'context' attribute of the tabbar, and this automatically displays the context menu on right click. So to enable your request I propably should remove the 'context' attribute, and than I think I have to come up with a function that is able to make the contextmenu appear on double click in the same way it normally would appear. I don't know if such a javascript function is called when the 'context' attribute is set, so I can simply copy that function, but if that is not the case it is probably a lot of work to make it.
In conclusion: It might be possible, but I don't know yet if I'm going to work on it.
NeuralResponse

Post by NeuralResponse »

With the inclusion of tab controls in the newest nightly builds, I've been trying to move away from TBE, and one of the functions it adds that I find I can't live without is the ability to define actions for double/middle clicking on tabs/tabbar. And I was glad to find this extension which gives me 90% of that functionality I use.

The only thing missing, and would be great if you could add, is an action to close all tabs. I'm currently using close other tabs, then having to close the remaining tab. a Close All Tabs action option would make this perfect for me.

Thanks
twanno

Post by twanno »

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to add this function. What are the results of Close All Tabs in TBE? A blank tab and the tabbar hidden, or only a blank tab, or only the tabbar hidden?
NeuralResponse

Post by NeuralResponse »

Hmm, well, I personally had always set things so that my tab bar was always visible, even when closing the last tab. So when closing the last tab, or doing Close All Tabs, I was left with a tab bar, and the one blank tab. Basically the same as what happens with the current option of Close Other Tabs, just with a blank tab instead of leaving one of the web sites open in a tab.

I'm assuming that the exact end result would vary for people based on whether they chose to always show the tab bar or if they have that setting "hide tab bar when only one web site is open" selected. Obviously I don't understand the actual coding you do behind the scenes, but I would assume that the end result would depend on that setting in the browser, and not be something that you have to code and make the decision for people.

Hopefully I made sense there and that gives you enough of an answer that you wanted.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.