[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mai9

Post by mai9 »

twanno wrote:
mai9 wrote:could it be possible to add a "move to sidebar".

It is possible (screenshot), but it probably takes a lot of time before I can get it working properly.

Just simple words to encourage you to add this "move to sidebar" right click option :)
xeen

Post by xeen »

meh. some days ago 0.2 was released. (http://twanno.mozdev.org/installation.html)
well, my bug (didn't i post that oin update.moz.., too?) still isn't fixed.

Or it's more a feature request.... or whatever. read the explaination:
use the undoclose function on middle click on the tab bar. by default, undoclosetabs is activeded by middleclicking on the close tab button on the right of the toolbar => 2 tabs (re-)open
so, the bug is, that the close button and the tabbar are 2 areas but one is not in the front of the other - both react on a click
and the feature request is: make it possibile to define which function to use on middle click and so on on the close button

thanks for the effort
xeen
twanno

Post by twanno »

What version of undoclosetab do you use? The version I use (20040910, from dorando) does not have the option to reopen a tab on middle clicking on the close tab button. But you are right that this extension should make a distinction between the tabbar and the close tab button.
I like your request to define functions for clicking on the close tab button: I will see what I can do ;)
xeen

Post by xeen »

i use the same version as you do (at least it has got the same date)?!
That's odd, i didn't change anything with it (maybe it's caused by another extension?)

Well. I think the tab bar and the close button are more or less the same, so to say, i think it's a bug of firefox, not your extension. I'd do it with a check or a if-else, that should solve the problem (but i'm not very good at js and the vars used in firefox.

this is even more odd: i don't find any option in uct which could cause the function on middleclicking to activate. There's one if-part, but it checks for eventbutton=1, afaik the eventbutton for the middle mouse button is 4. That's odd....
twanno

Post by twanno »

xeen wrote:this is even more odd: i don't find any option in uct which could cause the function on middleclicking to activate. There's one if-part, but it checks for eventbutton=1, afaik the eventbutton for the middle mouse button is 4. That's odd....

No, actually the middle mouse button is defined as button 1 (left:0, right:2), maybe you downloaded one of the repackaged versions from extensionsmirror?
But anyway it isn't important. I'll fix this as soon as possible.
xeen

Post by xeen »

oh.. ok... then i've got the code, I'm quite sure this is the right one, I can post the code if you need it, or you can look it up yourself, the code isn't long; and you, having more experience than me in writing extensions, you should have no problems.

@repack: yep, sounds logical. I always use em for a new install because updatemoz lacks a good search engine and is not always up to date. As undoclosetab is standard, i probably installed it form there.

*looking forward to next version*
xeen
twanno

Post by twanno »

xeen wrote:@repack: yep, sounds logical. I always use em for a new install because updatemoz lacks a good search engine and is not always up to date. As undoclosetab is standard, i probably installed it form there.

I was wrong: Undo Close Tab from dorando has the possibility to reopen a tab on middlelicking the close tab button.
But the bug with the close tab button is fixed now!

mai9 wrote:Just simple words to encourage you to add this "move to sidebar" right click option

I don't want to disappoint you, but I think this function to move a page to the sidebar must be implemented by another extension. If that extension is created I would be glad to add an option to Tab Clicking Options to assign a clicking event to that function.
myrdd1n

Post by myrdd1n »

Cut and Paste from an older post of mine:-
I have a request for this extension. One thing that really annoys me - In ff when you LEFT double click on empty area on the tab bar, it opens a new tab. But it also does this same thing if you MIDDLE double click and RIGHT double click the area. Is there any way to disable the middle double click and right double click? It becomes annoying because you use the middle button to close tabs and undo closed tabs and sometimes i click it twice and it opens a new tab. I think one of the old miniT versions disabled this, not sure though. Right now im using the latest modified minit with all the preference settings by Sboulema(sp?). Is there an existing extension that disables this? Maybe its a feature you can add to this extension. Thanks
mai9

Post by mai9 »

twanno wrote:
mai9 wrote:Just simple words to encourage you to add this "move to sidebar" right click option

I don't want to disappoint you, but I think this function to move a page to the sidebar must be implemented by another extension. If that extension is created I would be glad to add an option to Tab Clicking Options to assign a clicking event to that function.

ok, not disappointed, but sad :(

I hope somebody likes the idea :)
twanno

Post by twanno »

myrdd1n wrote:Cut and Paste from an older post of mine:-
I have a request for this extension. One thing that really annoys me - In ff when you LEFT double click on empty area on the tab bar, it opens a new tab. But it also does this same thing if you MIDDLE double click and RIGHT double click the area. Is there any way to disable the middle double click and right double click? It becomes annoying because you use the middle button to close tabs and undo closed tabs and sometimes i click it twice and it opens a new tab. I think one of the old miniT versions disabled this, not sure though. Right now im using the latest modified minit with all the preference settings by Sboulema(sp?). Is there an existing extension that disables this? Maybe its a feature you can add to this extension. Thanks
  1. On a newly firefox 1.0 install with new profile middle double click / left double click has no effect
  2. This install with TCO middle double click / left double click still has no effect (middle double click only if you have set a function to middle clicking: that function is called twice)
This means that either you are not using firefox 1.0, or you have an extension installed that enables double clicking with the right or middle mouse button on the tabbar. I recently noticed that TabBrowser Preferences is such an extension, but there may be more extensions which have the same effect.
If you find an extension that enables this, please, notify the author of that extension.
myrdd1n

Post by myrdd1n »

ah ok thanks twano. I actually posted that to TheOneKea and he reffered me to you but apparently its tbp that causes it. so back to TheOneKEA :)
Thanks for looking into this cause its quite annoying.

UPDATE: it seems to be fixed in the updated tbp 1.0
twanno

Post by twanno »

Version 0.3 released:

This extension will also work on Mozilla Suite now.
Now also supports opening of new tabs or duplicated tabs next to the current tab (or tab clicked on) when tablib is installed.
Tablib is also being installed as part of miniT or miniT (drag).
twanno

Post by twanno »

Version 0.4 released:

When Click2Tab 0.8.x is installed an option will be added to assign a clicking event to the reopening of the last closed tab, much like UndoCloseTab.
Added it-IT, fr-FR, nl-NL locales
Better integration with TBP (version 1.2.x)
Draky50110

Post by Draky50110 »

using a french version of FF 1.0 without language extension.
Option "open tab" or "close tab" are displayed in french but the purpose of the options ("on a tab" + "on the tabbar") are no more displayed, english or french.
and when i choose "OK" or "cancel" the options windows do not close, I must click on the upper right cross.
And of course, options are not defined

:cry:
twanno

Post by twanno »

Draky50110 wrote:using a french version of FF 1.0 without language extension.
Option "open tab" or "close tab" are displayed in french but the purpose of the options ("on a tab" + "on the tabbar") are no more displayed, english or french.
and when i choose "OK" or "cancel" the options windows do not close, I must click on the upper right cross.
And of course, options are not defined

:cry:

My mistake :oops:, I forgot to change some entity names in the french locale. An update will follow soon.