[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

TBP 1.2.2 has been released, with code changes to allow it to be more compatible with TCO 0.4.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Draky50110

Post by Draky50110 »

by the way, update through FF advanced option was interrupted brutally
twanno

Post by twanno »

Draky50110 wrote:by the way, update through FF advanced option was interrupted brutally

What message did you get?
And did you try it with the update button in the extension manager?
Draky50110

Post by Draky50110 »

I tried with "right clic" in extension list over your extension and after "update" but the error message were no more present...
strange but I will wait for the fixing release ^_^ :)
twanno

Post by twanno »

Tab Clicking Options 0.4.1 released:
Fixing the French localisation of the options dialog
Improvements to Dutch and Italian locales
Squig

Post by Squig »

I having a lot of troubles with TCO 0.3.1 and newer. I think it has a conflict with miniT+. In miniT+ the "Closing a tab changes focus to" setting gets ignored. In 0.4.1 when I click a link, a new tab doesn't open. In 0.3.1 and newer, open tabs have their contents replaced with stuff from tabs I have just closed.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Do these problems disappear when you disable TCO?

About closing a tab and setting focus: TCO just closes a tab just the same as when you normally would middle click on a tab without TCO installed. So could you tell me if the focus changes correctly when you have TCO disabled and you middle click on a tab?

TCO does not contain code that does anything with link clicking or any actions involved in link clicking, so I find it a bit strange that you encounter 'weirdness' with TCO 0.4.1. I hope for my sake that disabling TCO will not resolve this 'weirdness', please let me know.

And concerning closing tabs and contents replacements, the same applies here as with your first problem (closing a tab and setting focus). Please tell me if that still happens when you middle click on a tab with TCO disabled.

Some other question: what are your settings in miniT?
Do you have the opening of tabs next to current tab enabled?
Do you have the changing of the opening order enabled?
To where have you set the focus to when you close a tab?
I need the answers to those questions, to test things if it is indeed TCO which causes the problems you see

Twanno
Squig

Post by Squig »

Everything works like its supposed to if TCO is disabled/uninstalled. Also everything works if I use TCO 0.3.0.

In MiniT my settings are:
opening tabs next to current tab is enabled
changing of the opening order is not enabled
Closing a tab is set to focus to the tab left of it. ---> with TCO 0.3.1 and up installed this gets ignored and focus goes to the right.
twanno

Post by twanno »

I can't find any problem using your settings and only having TCO 0.4.1 and miniT+ (20041125.8 ) installed.

How do you close tabs, that you see the problems? And opening a link into a new tab, when the new tab doesn't open, is that with ctrl-clicking on a link or middle clicking or both?

What other tab related extensions do you have installed? Maybe it's a combination of extensions that is causing this
Squig

Post by Squig »

I close tabs with TabXtreme. For opening links in new tabs I use TBP. Whatever links that doesn't catch I use Super DragAndGo on.
With TCO 0.4.1 installed I can't use Super DragAndGo to open links in new tabs. Ctrl clicking a link: new tabs open, but the new tab's position on the tab bar is random sometimes. TBP's settings work. I can't really test middle click cause firefox doesn't seem to recognize pressing on my scroll wheel/middle button as a middle click.

My other Tab related extensions:
TBP 1.2.2
Session Saver 0.2.0.20041218
Click2Tab 0.8.5
TabXtreme 0.1
MintT+ 20041125.8
Super DragAndGo 0.2.4

Plus I use this code my Userchrome.css for flowing tabs:

Code: Select all

/* flowing tabs */
   .tabbrowser-tabs > hbox {display:block !important; height:56px !important; overflow: -moz-scrollbars-vertical;}

.tabbrowser-tabs *|tab {       
    min-width:190px !important;
    max-width:190px !important;
    }
twanno

Post by twanno »

Where can I find TabXtreme? No results with google :(
I have tested it with all tab related extensions you use installed, except for TabXtreme, and with flowing tabs. But no problems encountered.
Squig

Post by Squig »

TabXtreme is variant of TabX that was available on the extensions mirror, not anymore. I updated my TabXtreme to Tab X 0.5a Ultra, it didn't fix anything. You can get it <a href="http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=116&hl=tabx" target="_blank">here.</a> It's the enhanced version made by Morac .
twanno

Post by twanno »

When I have installed Tab X 0.5a Ultra some weird things happen here also, especially when the tabbar's closetab button is removed, but the same things happen when I have TCO disabled. So I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same problems you are seeing. Do things go back to normal when you disable TabX 0.5a Ultra?
If not, can you list the other extensions you are using?
Squig

Post by Squig »

Disabling Tab X 0.5a Ultra doesn't help. If I run Tab X 0.5a Ultra with tabbar's closetab button removed, it disables my flowing tabs code and causes some pages to display wider than normal.

here is a list of my other extensions:
Web Developer .8
User Agent Switcher 0.6.2
DownloadWith 0.0.7
OpenBook 1.2.0
Mimetype Editor 0.2
ChromEdit 0.1.1.1
Launchy 3.5.0
External Application Buttons 0.7.2
Resize Search Box 0.0.4
Spell Bound 0.7.1
Spell Bound Win32 Components 0.7.0
ForecastFox 0.5.9
bangbang023

Post by bangbang023 »

things seem to not work, at all, with the latest 1/18 builds of Fx.