[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
fedoracore

Seamonkey Nightly - TCO - Go-Up Dir

Post by fedoracore »

Since Tab Clicking Options is one of the more compatible Add-on XPI's for Suiterunner, I present the plea that the developer might add an additional option-- to "Go Up a Directory", like that of EZnav (or "Uppity").

Being no XPI dev'r myself, I do not know the difficulty in implementing such a request, but it seems-- without MonkeyMenu, there is not currently an add-on to provide this functionality.

If I am wrong, I beg to be corrected.

Thank you kindly, Twanno, for your continued effort in the perfection of Mozilla add-ons.
jeffsabarese bandcamp com
dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Hey mate, are you planning to add support for Firefox 3 and it's current betas? Would greatly appreciate it if you do.
m)

Post by m) »

Could a 'double right click' be added? I can see why 'right click' is not added, but maybe the DRC can.
hcabbos

Post by hcabbos »

I love this extension but why doesn't the pop-up show "duplicate tab" and "duplicate tab to new window"? I don't see why this functionality has be tied to a click or key+click action.

Also, I would love to see the "duplicate tab to new window" include the option of closing the tab (in current window) as it's created in the new window.
jakemonO

Re: [Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Post by jakemonO »

will there be a compatibility update for ff3.05?
panel

Nice

Post by panel »

Very nice extension :)

Adding feature to open new window would be nice
ex. to alt+click on the tab would open this tab in new window
ex2. alt+click on the tab would just open new window with no tabs
CloudNine

Post by CloudNine »

please update for the compatibility of FF3.5! I really love this extension. #-o
Mattallyc

FF3.5 instructions

Post by Mattallyc »

To get it to work with FF3.5:
Save xpi file to desktop (click ignore version check then right click and save link as).
Can also be downloaded from http://twanno.mozdev.org/tabclicking/installation.html
Open xpi file in 7-Zip (Right click and select 7-Zip -> Open archive) and edit install.rdf (Right click and and select Edit), change <em:maxVersion> value to 3.5.
Save and exit 7-Zip.
Open Add-on window in FF and then drag and drop xpi file into add-on window to install.
Use at own risk! I've not experienced any problems but I only use double-click to copy tab (which works), the rest is untested.
Hope this helps.
Prognathous

Post by Prognathous »

For anyone using SeaMonkey 2.0b, you can download a modified version of Tab Clicking Options that installs and (seems to) work fine:

http://prognathous.mail-central.com/moz ... -0.6.9.xpi

No guarantees, use at your own risk etc...

Prog.
CloudNine

Re: FF3.5 instructions

Post by CloudNine »

Mattallyc wrote:To get it to work with FF3.5:
Save xpi file to desktop (click ignore version check then right click and save link as).
Can also be downloaded from http://twanno.mozdev.org/tabclicking/installation.html
Open xpi file in 7-Zip (Right click and select 7-Zip -> Open archive) and edit install.rdf (Right click and and select Edit), change <em:maxVersion> value to 3.5.
Save and exit 7-Zip.
Open Add-on window in FF and then drag and drop xpi file into add-on window to install.
Use at own risk! I've not experienced any problems but I only use double-click to copy tab (which works), the rest is untested.
Hope this helps.

it works, thank you! :mrgreen:
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Prognathous wrote:For anyone using SeaMonkey 2.0b, you can download a modified version of Tab Clicking Options that installs and (seems to) work fine:

http://prognathous.mail-central.com/moz ... -0.6.9.xpi

No guarantees, use at your own risk etc...

Prog.

Thanks Prognathous!!!! Works well.
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
RDFozz

Modifying TCO 0.6.9 to work under FireFox 3.5

Post by RDFozz »

NOTE: If you try MattAllyC's fix and it doesn't seem to work, double-check that you edited the *correct* maxVersion tag - there are several, for different applications. Didn't work for me at first; when I went back in, I figured out that I'd missed the FireFox maxVersion, and edited the SeaMonkey one.
Retep

Post by Retep »

Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

@ twanno

Any plans on making updating this for Firefox 3.6 and SeaMonkey 2.0.2? I can install using MR Tech Toolkit's "override maxVersion check" and Tab Clicking Options works perfectly . So an update cannot be all that difficult.

I hope you consider updating.
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
SilversleevesX

Post by SilversleevesX »

That modded version works ok for me (so far) in SM 2.0.4. Could be Twanno gets to sit out this one upgrade. No doubt he'll enjoy the free time.

Then Again, if SM 2.0.5 rolls out before May 1, then it's academic.

BZT
What do you call a 5-year depressive cycle in the life of the late John Lennon?
BEATLEMANIA!!