[Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
squashr1979

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Post by squashr1979 »

squashr1979 wrote:Calling setTimeout with a string is bad. They recommend you always use a function. I still have no idea why DMT would break this.

I found out why DMT broke this. DMT was using window.setTimeout but I was getting messages about it being called when there wasn't a window for it to run in. I found https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/JavaScript_code_modules/Timer.jsm and it fixed my problems. Unfortunately, it seems that it ended out replacing window.setTimeout globally :shock: and breaking other addons (I have been told about two others so far). I have put some of the DMT code in a package and made it so that it doesn't overwrite things globally. It fixes your original script, but I am confidant that there are some DMT features broken as a result. It will take a while to finish this and get everything working again.

Melchior82 wrote:I just noticed something else that isn't quite working right...
the download info at the top of the DMT window didn't clear after I clicked the "CLEAR DOWNLOADS" button... at that moment I just looked at that window again and its clear.... ????

plus the that titlebar LABEL/CAPTION is stuck at 99% some times some times it disappears like it should...

The info cleared later because it is updated whenever you click on the window. That handles the case of going to another program, deleting the selected file, and then clicking back to DMT. Why it doesn't update after hitting the clear downloads button is something I'll have to look at.

I found the 99% problem yesterday. Before I found out that I was using out-of-date data, I made changes to try and fix the problem. Once I switched to use the correct data, my previous fix attempts ended out causing the problem #-o. I just went back to my original code, but with correct data, and the problem is solved. It will take some days before I finish the process of putting DMT in packages (as mentioned above) and I will watch this 99% problem in the meantime, as I've thought I fixed it before ](*,).
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Eyy squashr1979 thx for the update and for your continued work on this most helpful FF-Ext ;^_^;
jborges

Post by jborges »

I just installed DMT 1.05 and I'm very happy with it.
I would like to present two suggestions:

First: How to make donations to DMT?

Second: Is there some way you to limit the bandwidth in DMT? The question is, I (and maybe thousands of others) share the same connection with my children (and they with me) and sometime one of us is dropped out by lack of a internet connection. DMT is very efficient and eats all bandwidth and nothing rests to the others. Sometime we are not in a hurry to download that 7 giga movie but the others may be willing to access their email for some urgent question.

Please keep the nice job you doing.
Best Regards,
Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Many Thanks
Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Kurumin user (a Brazilian flavor of Knoppix)
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979

I have a small problem, in Firefox 29 beta 1, Firefox Aurora 30 and Firefox Nightly 31.
All this tree Version have now the new Australis Design and since last updates,
the download Window never opens automatic when I start a download. I checked the
settings of Download Manager Tweak, but there was all OK!
Please take a look.

Thank you for your help and your hard work.
Cheers
Endor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
DrBB
Folder@Home

Post by DrBB »

the_new_guy wrote:Post by the_new_guy » 05 Feb 2014 06:47 pm
Apparently this addon is conflicting with the FfChrome addon that I use.

Basically the "Show All" portion of the context menu stops working completely for FfChrome, and I can't figure what setting or change in DMT is causing this particular issue. But I do know this is the extension causing the problem, I've disabled it several times just to make sure.

I started having the exact same problem at about the same time as the _new_guy, but just determined that DMT 1.05 was, indeed, the extension conflicting with the "Show All" portion of the Context Menu. I hope this requires just a minor tweak (no pun intended) of DMT to fix. Image
DrBB1
"Just good enough, isn't...."
Xeon9

Post by Xeon9 »

Any update?

the default download is crap.. need DMT working again...

"DMT 1.05 was, indeed, the extension conflicting with the "Show All" portion of the Context Menu. "

yeh noticed that myself, had to disable it..

really need dmt back
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979.
Since I updated to Firefox 30, the download Window does not open automatically.
Please take a look on it.
Thanks.
Cheers
Endor
Rangerhere

Post by Rangerhere »

this extension is never kept up to date to work with all browser versions and the author never replies..it may be dead
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I just released 1.0.6 which fixes the three main bugs in 1.0.5.
  • DMT could interfere with other extensions of Firefox
  • The title on the window/tab could get stuck at 99%.
  • Firefox 30 caused DMT to not automatically open when starting a download.
Note that Firefox 31 breaks the automatic open feature of DMT again (plus a couple other things). I tried to fix it in 1.0.6, but it was taking too long. I hope to figure it out before 31 becomes the release version.
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979.
Thank You for the new Version 1.0.6. It works fine for me in Firefox 30.
I hope you will be able to fix Download Manager Tweak for Firefox 31.
Thank you for your hard work.
Mfg.
Endor
manu68fr

Post by manu68fr »

Hi squashr1979,

Thank you for this work. Home DMT window does not open automatically.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

manu68fr wrote:Thank you for this work. Home DMT window does not open automatically.

I found that if the DMT option to "Open the Download Manager after a delay of" X "ms" is set and X is not 0 then DMT doesn't open. Setting X to 0 is a workaround until 1.0.7. If that doesn't fix it then there is something else wrong and I will need more details to recreate it.
miltonhorton

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 1.0.6

Post by miltonhorton »

Since FF 30, I can't see my list of downloads in DMT. The Sidebar (or Tab or Window) opens, but the list is blank. Maybe it's conflicting with another extension? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on a MacBook Pro with latest Mavericks OS. Thanks! Really love this extension.
kgbme

Post by kgbme »

squashr1979 wrote:[..] a workaround until 1.0.7.

This has always been happening w/teh DM Extension; it (sometimes just) gets updated and then Firefox jumps version && it gets overrun. :-f

Case in point:
miltonhorton wrote:Since FF 30, I can't see my list of downloads in DMT.
:-(

Edit: How hard can it be, for Mozilla devs, to add some of the options that are present in this Add-on; like, opening in a tab?!??
pls disregard my (previous) disillusioned ff => 4.x posts, tnx. I've embraced it; apologies.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I put DMT 1.0.7 at http://dmextension.mozdev.org/ with a fix for not automatically opening DMT in Firefox 31. There was also a bug fixed where opening or closing DMT after a delay failed in DMT 1.0.6. I tested with Firefox 30, 31, and 32. I plan to add it at addons.mozilla.org tomorrow.