[Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
manu68fr

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Post by manu68fr »

hi,

My PC crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I made a backup of my C: drive.
I would get my download list but I do not know which folder / file view.
Someone would be kind enough to tell me where to look? folder / file

thanks
SavannahGuy

Post by SavannahGuy »

I love DownloadManagerTweak, but the PAUSE button has not worked for me in last several versions of FF (currently using 29.0.1.). Button is visible but grayed out & incactive. Any suggestions? Thanks!
theta30

Post by theta30 »

DMT loads automatically when I open Mozilla (version 31). How to stop that?
thorin0815

Post by thorin0815 »

Hi!

Since Firefox updated to 32.0 I can not access my General settings anymore, neither I can access the Download Manager Tweak settings itself.

Sometimes my Firefox freezes after trying to get into settings menu at all.
kgbme

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 1.0.7

Post by kgbme »

theta30 wrote:DMT loads automatically [..]

No way around it, apparently, when there are active downloads.. A new window will open with as many DMT tabs, as there are ongoing downloads.

thorin0815 wrote:Since Firefox updated to 32.0 [..]

It doesn't look like a Download Manager Tweak Extension problem:

pls disregard my (previous) disillusioned ff => 4.x posts, tnx. I've embraced it; apologies.
tunayx

Post by tunayx »

Is there any skin for this extension? I'm looking for more compact/thinner one.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I've released DMT 1.0.8, with fixes for various bugs related to opening and closing DMT, the biggest probably being the multiple DMT tabs opening when a new window was opened. I guess that's Merry Christmas, hope you enjoy your gift :).
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
anewuser

Post by anewuser »

squashr1979, does it clean up the history properly now?
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Hi Squashr1979, Andman42,
its been a long time since I last ran into any issues I needed to report on...

one of the recent FF updates has made errors start to popup in the Browser console... :(
I am currently using FF v36.0.4 (XP64 on desktop and Win7Ultimate64-Laptop)

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: dmtWindowClose is not defined browserOverlay.js:225:4

and that is just one issue I noticed FF has been feeling sluggish lately and I don't use too many extensions...

PS: might I suggest if possible updating the title of this Topic to either remove the version # or update to reflect the current release?
please.
theta30

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 1.0.7

Post by theta30 »

kgbme wrote:
theta30 wrote:DMT loads automatically [..]

No way around it, apparently, when there are active downloads.. A new window will open with as many DMT tabs, as there are ongoing downloads.

thorin0815 wrote:Since Firefox updated to 32.0 [..]

It doesn't look like a Download Manager Tweak Extension problem:

kgbme, I do not have this problem anymore now
roha41

Post by roha41 »

Selections aren't possible (i,e.Ausführen Verzeichnis öffnen, Datei löschen, Aus Chronik entfernen) , , only Optionen is working . Firefox 40.0A1, worked in 39.0a1.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Another thing I noticed is the color of the down arrow icon on the nav bar area it turna a blue color when I/it finishes a download but even after clearing the download list.. it some times does not turn white again... I have to manually open and close the download window (I always use the popup type)
Endor

Post by Endor »

roha41 wrote:Selections aren't possible (i,e.Ausführen Verzeichnis öffnen, Datei löschen, Aus Chronik entfernen) , , only Optionen is working . Firefox 40.0A1, worked in 39.0a1.

I can confirm this behaviour for Firefox 38 Beta, Firefox 39.0a2 and Firefox 40.0a1.
It works only in Firefox 37.0.1 correctly.

Lets hope, that the author fix this.
Cheers.
Endor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

Endor wrote:
roha41 wrote:Selections aren't possible (i,e.Ausführen Verzeichnis öffnen, Datei löschen, Aus Chronik entfernen) , , only Optionen is working . Firefox 40.0A1, worked in 39.0a1.

I can confirm this behaviour for Firefox 38 Beta, Firefox 39.0a2 and Firefox 40.0a1.
It works only in Firefox 37.0.1 correctly.

Lets hope, that the author fix this.
Cheers.
Endor

I've known about this for a few weeks, but couldn't work on it. I finally got a chance to look at it for the last couple of days. The problem is that Firefox changed how the download data is accessed. When DMT tried to access a field that no longer exists, because it changed names, it caused DMT to fail.

I have a DMT 1.0.9 on my PC that works on Firefox 38 the same way DMT 1.0.8 works on Firefox 37. I need to spend a little more time testing and cleaning it up before I package it and submit it publicly.
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
spiron

Post by spiron »

Hi squashr "close when download completes" doesn't work when DMT is set to "open in a separate window". When is set to "open in a tab" it works. Also with "open in a tab" and "close when download completes" together if you pause a download, DMT closes and when you try to reopen it closes again. Only solution is to uncheck "close when download completes" from the options and resume the download. This happens with versions 1.0.8 and 1.0.9. Version 1.0.7 works correctly with both options. Can you fix this? I was fine with version 1.0.7 until Firefox 38 came. Thank you for your time.