[Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
StoneCold

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Post by StoneCold »

Don't use such service, it produces a very bad translation. I can update it for 0.9x too.

A translation from a real guy is always better. :)
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

Babelzilla is done by a real person. Volunteers sign up to do translations for their languages. If you want to do translations for DMT in the future, you would sign up as a translator at http://www.babelzilla.org/. Then you could provide translations for DMT, or any other extension on Babelzilla that you wish (there are 761 extensions currently listed there).
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I was looking at the compatibility reports on AMO and was baffled. A number of then said something like "not closing when download complete enabled, when set to open in sidebar or tab". I tried it and it works fine. I have no way to contact these people and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to help me.

I think what they are doing is setting the showWhenStarting and closeWhenDone preferences in the built in download manager. DMT ignores and overwrites those, using its own preferences for this. It does this so that they will work for the sidebar and tab. Without DMT these are set on Tools->options->main, but DMT removes them from there so that people don't get confused and try to set them. That leads to my questions:

Are the download settings somehow reappearing in Tools->options->main? If so does anyone have a clue as to how? If not then how are they setting those preferences?
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I have created a beta version of 0.9.0 at http://downloads.mozdev.org/dmextension/DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.0beta.xpi. There is also a link in the upper corner of the home page (http://dmextension.mozdev.org/). I'll probably submit it to Babelzilla on the weekend.
Jim too

Post by Jim too »

Just an FYI since I forced the installation of 0.9.0 beta on FF 37.a1pre. Attempting to access options (either in the downloads tab or the addons window) reports the following error:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://downloadmgr/content/options/dmtOptions.xul
Line Number 23, Column 1:
<prefwindow id="downloadmgrOptions"
^
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I tried 0.9.0beta with Firefox 3.0, 3.5, and 3.6beta1. It worked fine on all of them, so it must be a 3.7 problem.
angussf

Post by angussf »

Feature request: purge download history older than XX days. I'd like to keep my download history but only for a week or so. Is there any way to do this? Firefox either keeps it all or dumps it all, and once you've downloaded a bunch of files, unless you clear them all out, loading the download manager page is slow.
GeoApps // in sunny Tucson, Arizona, USA (but it's a dry heat)
-=+=- "Work is for people who can't golf." -=+=-
angussf

Post by angussf »

Another feature request: the ability to copy the path of the downloaded file (e.g. "X:\Data\Downloads\Firefox\Firefox_Setup_3.6b2.exe") , the path of the downloaded file's directory (e.g. "X:\Data\Downloads\Firefox\") or the download link to the clipboard. Right now all you can copy is the download link.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

The items in the pop-up menu are dynamically controlled by the built in download manager and thus hard to change. What I did was make the items in the infobar selectable, so you can select the local file there and use copy and paste to get it.

I was thinking about an option to limit the number of downloads in the list to a user selectable value (rather than using a date). I had decided against it for 0.9.0 because I had so many changes already and I wanted to make sure it was ready by the time Firefox 3.6 comes out. I'll probably add it in a future version.
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

I just submitted DMT to Babelzilla. If you want add or update a translation for DMT sign up as a translator at http://www.babelzilla.org/.
angussf

Post by angussf »

squashr1979 wrote:The items in the pop-up menu are dynamically controlled by the built in download manager and thus hard to change. What I did was make the items in the infobar selectable, so you can select the local file there and use copy and paste to get it.

I was thinking about an option to limit the number of downloads in the list to a user selectable value (rather than using a date). I had decided against it for 0.9.0 because I had so many changes already and I wanted to make sure it was ready by the time Firefox 3.6 comes out. I'll probably add it in a future version.

Where can we see a list of "what's new" in the current beta before downloading it to try it out?
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

A list of changes for 0.9.0 (They mostly fall under three categories: Behavior of Delete File, behavior when a download completes, and visual changes related to themes and icons)
  • Prompt for Delete File has options to Delete File, Remove From List, or both.
    (an option selects if Delete File or Delete File and Remove From list is the default)
  • Prompt for deleting multiple files has a Yes to All button.
    (Prompt for deleting a single file only has Yes or No options)
  • The delete key now does a Delete File instead Remove From List.
  • Delete File will now delete read only files as well.
  • When the DMT window/tab/sidebar is selected it updates all the downloads.
    (If a file is deleted outside Firefox then this will cause DMT to show that)
  • An option now allows downloads to be removed from the list as soon as they complete.
    (This happens as they complete, so older completed downloads will not be removed)
  • An option now allows downloads to be launched as soon as they complete.
  • The option to close DMT when all downloads are complete now closes all the DMT windows it can find, and not just one.
  • Fixed a bug where if DMT is open in a window, and all other Firefox windows are closed, it now responds to the cntl-J and cntl-W keys.
  • Toolbar and infobar are now toolbars inside a toolbox, which looks better in themes.
  • Toolbar buttons are now normal buttons which looks better in themes.
  • Toolbar buttons can be shown as text only, icon only, or both.
    (Text only lets you disable the icons if you don't like how they look).
  • Toolbar buttons no longer switch between icon only and both automatically depending on window width.
  • The new buttons in the download list from 0.8.5 could be disabled as a group, but now they can be disabled by type (Open Folder, Delete File, etc).
  • Options now opens a tabbed box because they were just too many options for one popup.
  • The icons now come in two types (inside a box or on a transparent background) and two sizes (large and small).
  • The icons are now more colorful and the older Open Folder and Remove From List icons replaced.
These are not in the beta.
  • Fixed a compatability bug with the MultiSidebar extension.
  • Infobar text is now selectable so you can copy and paste the file name, etc.
  • DMT is now on babelzilla.org so more translations should be updated and added.
I was hoping to release 0.9.0 this week, but I'm not decided yet. I'm on vacation next week so it's now or in December. I might release it on the homepage, but not on AMO, this week and then release 0.9.1 on AMO in December with more translations. I have a new Chinese translation and Danish is being worked on but none of the others are being done yet. I was hoping at least for German from StoneCold.
Last edited by squashr1979 on November 20th, 2009, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angussf

Post by angussf »

Thanks for the info
Black_Sun

Post by Black_Sun »

Hello all, can you add feature like in this https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/435 addon? It would be very cool.
In Opera this option calls "Fast Download" you copy direct link to file into input field(like search field) and download starts
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Black_Sun...
Would you please kill the animated avatar & use a static image.
Thank you.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)