[Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
fanatic

DMT not deleting or removing files

Post by fanatic »

The function to delete or remove files has stopped working in the latest Firefox 45.

When you click on the delete button, the delete dialog comes up but none of the functions work.

Any ideas?
squashr1979

Re: DMT not deleting or removing files

Post by squashr1979 »

fanatic wrote:The function to delete or remove files has stopped working in the latest Firefox 45.

When you click on the delete button, the delete dialog comes up but none of the functions work.

Any ideas?
This is due to a change where Firefox can no longer find the javascript code that handles the button pushes. I had put the functions inside an object to "reduce pollution of the global namespace" (something they recommended to developers). When I switch back to normal "namespace polluting" functions it works again (I don't see anything in the Firefox 45 release notes related to this). DMT in a side bar has the exact same issue. I have those two bugs fixed and am working on the browse button in the options screen not working. I have spent two evenings with no success on that one. I will release 1.0.10 this weekend, whether I fix the browse button bug or not.
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
Endor

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 0.8.x

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979.
Since Firefox 47 there more issues with non working buttons.
The cancel button and the open folder Button on the right side,
both are not working any more.
Please take a look on it.
Thanks.
Cheers
Endor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Xaemyl

Post by Xaemyl »

Everything seems to work for me (so far), except the "clear downloads" option on the contextual menu is grayed out. The button works, however. (on ff47)

Edit: The contextual menu is not grayed out when I restart, but it will stay grayed out afterwards until the next browser restart.
mikezilla2

Post by mikezilla2 »

is this no longer maintained ?
Melchior82

Re: [Ext] Download Manager Tweak 1.0.10

Post by Melchior82 »

mikezilla2 wrote:is this no longer maintained ?
I hope it is, its a great addon...

Hi will DMT be compatible or not with the new
e10 multi-process-Compatible FF builds v51.0 and newer

please add in to the install.rdf if DMT will be compatible or not

this is the example I extracted from another addon I use
<em:multiprocessCompatible>false</em:multiprocessCompatible>

thx for a great addon :)

I emailed the dev too just in-case he does not see this post... loi.
I just got a reply/ from mail delivery service as undeliverable so the email is defunt now... :(
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Try Download Manager (S3).
It is very good.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Protocol wrote:Try Download Manager (S3).
It is very good.
thx but.. I looked at the screenshots.. its not exactly what I'm looking for.. I like DMT just fine loi
TheTopMostDog

Post by TheTopMostDog »

Getting an error when opening it as sidebar (in combination with rightbar 0.5.1 plugin):
https://i.imgur.com/43rmqts.png
Doesn't seem to impact usability in any way; the error just pops up, you hit the button and continue as per normal. Just thought I'd share.
It reoccurs every time I open the sidebar using Ctrl+J. Only began in the last couple days, likely related to Firefox v53.0a2 (2017-01-30) (32-bit).
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

when I was looking at the Firefox browser console... I noticed an error related to DMT..
I use DMT as a popup window :) and when I hit the [escape] key to quickly close the DMT window it generates this error.. though I should mention that DMT wndow does close ok.. ie it still functions as intended...

Code: Select all

12:34:00.908 ReferenceError: dmtWindowClose is not defined 1 browserOverlay.js:228:5
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

Someone let me know that DMT doesn't work at all in Firefox 53. It turned out that Firefox removed some localizations (they are how Firefox handles displaying text in various languages) that Firefox was no longer using, but DMT was using. I found the source files for Firefox's localization and copied 15 of them into DMT, for all 31 languages DMT has.

I also found why the "All files downloaded to" section of the DMT options stopped working and fixed that.

Those are in DMT 1.0.11, which I submitted to AMO and will be available before Firefox 53 is released.

Mozilla sent an email that says it will only support Add-Ons written using WebExtensions starting in Firefox 57. I don't know if DMT even can be rewritten with WebExtensions. A number of people have been complaining that their Add-On doesn't port, due to WebExtensions missing a needed feature. They do say that legacy Add-Ons like DMT will be supported for a little longer than Firefox 57, but not how much longer.
squashr1979, the developer of Download Manager Tweak for Firefox versions 3.0 and newer.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

Hi squashr1979, thx for the update work ^_^
squashr1979 wrote:Those are in DMT 1.0.11, which I submitted to AMO and will be available before Firefox 53 is released.
squashr1979 wrote:Mozilla sent an email that says it will only support Add-Ons written using WebExtensions starting in Firefox 57. I don't know if DMT even can be rewritten with WebExtensions. A number of people have been complaining that their Add-On doesn't port, due to WebExtensions missing a needed feature. They do say that legacy Add-Ons like DMT will be supported for a little longer than Firefox 57, but not how much longer.
ITS SAD BUT MOZILLA IS RUN BY IDIOTS THESE DAYS ;_; :( ](*,) ](*,)
replacing the versatile "XUL based extension system" with "Web Extensions" is a BAD JOKE on there part and shows THEY ARE TRYING REAL HARD TO NUKE Firefox and its entire USER BASE (me included ;_; ](*,) )

Thx again squashr1979 for all your hard work :) and on my end I have not noticed anything not working to report to you about...
unless I mentioned it in a recent old post above lol.
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979
There is a error in the German locale in Version 1.0.11 which cause that DMT
is still broken. The error is in the File: downloadmgr.properties.
actually it is:

#dummy=Comment so UTF-8 BOM doesn't mess up first property
extensions.{F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB}.name=Download-Manager-Tweak
extensions.{F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB}.description=Erlaubt es den Download-Manager auch in einem Tab oder der Sidebar zu ��en und f��einige optionale Anzeige寤erungen hinzu.

# LOCALIZATION NOTE (dmtTitleFiles, dmtTitlePercent): Semi-colon list of
# plural forms. See: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Localization_and_Plurals
# #1 number of files; #2 overall download percent (only for dmtTitlePercent)
# examples: 2% of 1 file - Downloads; 22% of 11 files - Downloads
dmtTitleFiles=#1 Datei - Downloads;#1 Dateien - Downloads
dmtTitlePercent=#2% von #1 Datei - Downloads;#2% von #1 Dateien - Downloads

it should be:

#dummy=Comment so UTF-8 BOM doesn't mess up first property
extensions.{F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB}.name=Download-Manager-Tweak
extensions.{F8A55C97-3DB6-4961-A81D-0DE0080E53CB}.description=Erlaubt es den Download-Manager auch in einem Tab oder der Sidebar zu öffnen und fügt einige optionale Anzeigeänderungen hinzu

# LOCALIZATION NOTE (dmtTitleFiles, dmtTitlePercent): Semi-colon list of
# plural forms. See: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Localization_and_Plurals
# #1 number of files; #2 overall download percent (only for dmtTitlePercent)
# examples: 2% of 1 file - Downloads; 22% of 11 files - Downloads
dmtTitleFiles=#1 Datei - Downloads;#1 Dateien - Downloads
dmtTitlePercent=#2% von #1 Datei - Downloads;#2% von #1 Dateien - Downloads
btw. I use always the Windowmode, (open in new Window) only there the folder button on the right
side of the downloaded files not works, only the context menu entries of this buttons works.

Thanks for this fantastic Add-on.
Cheers
Endor
squashr1979

Post by squashr1979 »

That German downloadmgr.properties file has been corrupt since at least 1.0.0, three years ago. It only showed as bad text before, but now it means dmtTitleFiles and dmtTitlePercent aren't defined and DMT fails for same reason I had to fix in 1.0.11. None of the other languages seem to be corrupt. I fixed this and submitted DMT 1.0.12. Hopefully changing only one file will result in a quick review. I also expanded the supported version range to include Firefox 52, so the DMT addons.mozilla.org page doesn't show DMT as unsupported.

The list of downloads area is one of the things that DMT doesn't tweak. It is all controlled by Firefox, so I have no idea why the folder icon isn't working and no way to fix it.
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi squashr1979.
Thank you for the fast fix. Version 1.0.12 , the German Locale works again.
Great!!!

cheers
Endor