Update: BBCode 0.4.1 released (May 15th 2005)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

Thanks!
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

EazY wrote:I can't close the 'List' dialog - it just acts like I hit enter or clicked ok and adds a 'null' item to the list. Neither hitting escape, clicking on the 'x' button or clicking 'cancel' works.

The cancel button on 'url with title' doesn't work either. :(

That is odd. Leaving it blank and hitting enter should do it.
Your right about cancel. Will fix it for 0.2.1
Should cancel close the list or cancel the whole operation (inserting list)?

Thanks for letting me know!!
-Jed
shinji

Post by shinji »

The make list option works fine for me.
EazY

Post by EazY »

I think cancel/escape should cancel the operation, with enter/ok closing the box and adding the list.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

EazY wrote:I think cancel/escape should cancel the operation, with enter/ok closing the box and adding the list.

Sounds good, will do
RichCorb

Post by RichCorb »

jedbro wrote:
EazY wrote:I can't close the 'List' dialog - it just acts like I hit enter or clicked ok and adds a 'null' item to the list. Neither hitting escape, clicking on the 'x' button or clicking 'cancel' works.

The cancel button on 'url with title' doesn't work either. :(

That is odd. Leaving it blank and hitting enter should do it.
Your right about cancel. Will fix it for 0.2.1
Should cancel close the list or cancel the whole operation (inserting list)?

Thanks for letting me know!!
-Jed

Found this thread to report this exact problem. Cancel should close the list. If nothing has been added to the list so far then no list tags should be entered at all, and if some stuff has already been entered to the list then the cancel should consider the last point entered as ... the last point!

Thanks for this great extension.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

Cancel should return things to exactly the way they were before the dialogue was opened. Otherwise it isn't cancelling everything, which is what most users will expect.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Moonwolf wrote:Cancel should return things to exactly the way they were before the dialogue was opened. Otherwise it isn't cancelling everything, which is what most users will expect.

Agreed, will do so for 0.2.1.
Thanks for the feedback... keep it coming :) !
RichCorb

Post by RichCorb »

Jed, I know you have mentioned this on your site, but I do think that a BBCode toolbar would be better than a context menu. If this could be done by BBCode 1.0 that'd be great. Thanks again.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

RichCorb wrote:Jed, I know you have mentioned this on your site, but I do think that a BBCode toolbar would be better than a context menu. If this could be done by BBCode 1.0 that'd be great. Thanks again.

I agree. This will take alot more time to code, but I will do it one day I promise.
In the mean-time as soon as my ftp server revives I'll upload BBCode 0.3 which fixes a few bugs and adds undo support.

Thanks for the feedback
-Jed
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Ok. A small quick release.
This is BBCode 0.3Beta (seen as 0.2.9).
It fixes the following:
  • Make List issue so cancel/etc. works correctly.
  • Adds a box for the color picker showing you exactly what color code you are using and is user editable.
  • Undo/ReDo. now work!!

Now all code that is added can be undone, etc just as if you had done it yourself manually.
Thanks for testing.
This should be it for 0.3 unless any issues come up, I'm just waiting for a few Localizations and it will be up.
Cheers
-Jed

Image Post made with BBCode
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

YES!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was scary wasn't it? Well, maybe if you heard me do it. :D
Undo feature *tear* thank you, Jed. This is going to seem completely selfish but do think I could get on the credits somewhere as a Undo feature recommender? :lol: I realize I had nothing to do with the code but I fear no one would have mentioned this annoyance other than me. Well, it's up to you...

And, I think you're going to love this next idea of mine... though, I don't know how we could implement it.

Here goes:
You know how tired you're eyes are reading and RE-reading that context menu for that item you desperately need? Well fear no more! Rest those tired eyes! For BBCode has now graphical context menus! THAT'S RIGHT! Check it out!

My idea [in theory]:
Bold
Italic
Underline
Size [Basic idea is to create a rise effect with the letters - need to experiment for a good looking set though]
Color [somekind of rainbow effect. I'd do it except I forgot the traditional colors that come in the rainbow [the pattern, I mean]. I'm pretty sure there's a pattern to be followed]

Code: Select all

Code
[Well If I could figure out the font and exact color used I'd list it like that on the menu [tried viewing page source didn't see font or color listed... odd]; looks kinda matrixy. I like it! :D
"Quote selection" [probably the only easiest, doable thing of the entire list]
Make list [not even sure if anything's needed here maybe icon]
[Insert icon of clipboard here] Clipboard:
[icon of image] Image
Rest... I'll do some brainstorming.

Project conception/shoutout: THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE LAZY EYES! not the actual condition of having one though

Other suggestions: *Sorry if this conflicts with your To-Do List; I have yet to visit your site*
  • Option to add author to quote process, maybe a radio button to select it after the dialog has appeared then have a little field form box drop-down; automatically appearing and disappearing via the radio being clicked on and off
  • Another radio button to enable selection of a numbered list or a bulleted list; or better yet 2 icons that picture the desired function on the dialog box
  • Also some way to include quotes in a BBCode url preferably without a submenu. Some sites using BBCode only convert a url [yes, we're talking titleless] after seeing quotations before and after the url. Go figure.
Thanks to any and all, comments and changes you can make! :D
Last edited by oldtimer on August 21st, 2004, 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

oldtimer wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was scary wasn't it? Well, maybe if you heard me do it. :D
Undo feature *tear* thank you, Jed. This is going to seem completely selfish but do think I could get on the credits somewhere as a Undo feature recommender? :lol: I realize I had nothing to do with the code but I fear no one would have mentioned this annoyance other than me. Well, it's up to you...

And, I think you're going to love this next idea of mine... though, I don't know how we could implement it.

1) Sure, I'll add you as soon as I revamp my extensions listing (it's crappy right now)
2) Hmm, sounds interesting but would be a bitch to implement, I'll think about it though, maybe for a new version.
-Jed
EazY

Post by EazY »

The 0.3 Beta works great. :D

I'd also appreciate a quote function with an author prompt - one that just does the normal quote without an author with the field is left blank (instead of having 'null' as the other, like my current code modification does).
papaoom

Post by papaoom »

Image to oldtimer for waking me up to this latest BBCode 0.3Beta ..

ImageImage to jedbro for not letting this helpful extension stagnate...

EazY wrote:I'd also appreciate a quote function with an author prompt
oldtimer wrote:
  • Option to add author to quote process, maybe a radio button to select it after the dialog has appeared then had a little drop-down box automatically appears and disappear via the radio being clicked on and off
  • Another radio button to enable selection of a numbered list or a bulleted list; or better yet 2 icons that picture the desired function on the dialog box
  • Also some way to include quotes in a BBCode url preferably without a submenu. Some sites using BBCode only convert a url [yes, we're talking titleless] after seeing quotations before and after the url. Go figure.
Grreat ideas ... hope they're all doable!!

jedbro, DaBBCodeMan, wrote:Undo/ReDo. now work!!
Okay, got the Undo but what be the ReDo and when does it come into play?? btw, glad to see that Cancel also works...