MozillaZine

[Ext] bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
markdc

Post Posted November 25th, 2012, 8:13 am

I agree. As of version 17, it is impossible to rearrange tabs and for some odd reason to actually close the current open tab. These two issues forced me to disable it. I am hoping that it will be fixed soon.

MiG_

Post Posted November 25th, 2012, 8:43 am

Alan Baxter wrote:
the_15th wrote:It seems that in Firefox version 17 this addon also makes impossible to rearrange tabs moving them about the tabstrip.

Confirmed.

markdc wrote:I agree. As of version 17, it is impossible to rearrange tabs and for some odd reason to actually close the current open tab. These two issues forced me to disable it. I am hoping that it will be fixed soon.

Strange, confirmed to still work here on FF 17... I can drag tabs about on the FF tab bar, drop them into an explorer window to create my shortcuts (thanks of course to this add-on) and close the current open tab just fine as well. Perhaps you're suffering from interference by another add-on? Either that, or the tabmix plus I also have installed somehow negates your issue.

MiG_

Post Posted November 28th, 2012, 1:49 am

It gets stranger... Between that post and this one FF17 suddenly decided to mark it as 'incompatible' and now it's disabled? As mentioned it did previously work on FF17.

MiG_

Post Posted November 28th, 2012, 2:22 am

For those of you who like to drag tabs to create shortcuts, it appears that this functionality is still in FF17 natively, but you have to now drag the URL bar icon (i.e. on this page that would probably be the grey globe).

Jarod_

Post Posted November 28th, 2012, 3:09 am

It's exactly what I'm looking for. However, as you said, it's now "incompatible" for FF17... Any idea how I could install it anyway?

Return to Extension/Theme Releases