[Ext] InfoLister [old 2004-2010 thread]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
wormeyman

Post by wormeyman »

No luck :(
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Have you verified that you can access this FTP account with an FTP client? Just asking out of curiousity.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Yes, "Path" should be path to a file, ie: /public_html/firefox/info.html
Also, I'd use absolute path in "autosave to" textbox, ie: C:\Firefox\Info.html or /home/me/Info.html
And yes, you need to make sure you can login to the server using another FTP client.

And what is the error message?
wormeyman

Post by wormeyman »

Ok i got it to actually give me a message it just gets stuck on Ready.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I get the following messages in jsconsole when I try to upload

Warning: reference to undefined property chromeRegistry.getSelectedSkin
Source File: chrome://infolister/content/infolister.js
Line: 213

Warning: reference to undefined property window.file
Source File: chrome://infolister/content/upload.js
Line: 87

infolister: unexpected exception. dev info follows:
QueryInterface=
function QueryInterface() {
[native code]
}
; message=Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIFileInputStream.init]; result=2147500035; name=NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER; filename=chrome://infolister/content/upload.js; lineNumber=130; columnNumber=0; location=JS frame :: chrome://infolister/content/upload.js :: readTextFile :: line 130; inner=null; data=null; toString=
function toString() {
[native code]
}
; initialize=
function initialize() {
[native code]
}
;

Error: file has no properties
Line: 137
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Nothing seems to happen when I try to upload it to my FTP (using the options panel). It just says "Ready."

Other than that, great extension!
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

wig: and what were you doing? Just hit the Upload button from the main IL window? Did you set up all settings first?
others having the "ready" problem: do you see any errors/warnings related to IL in the JS Console (Tools>Javascript console)? Anyways, I'll make a debug version (hopefully soon) to see what the problem is.

thanks for reporting bugs.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

All settings were set / checked and I verified that I have access to the FTP server as well as the path on the FTP server with the same account info with ftp as well as in Firefox. I was clicking the upload button in the FTP Settings Dialog. I had already written a copy locally using the Write Now button. I have also previously used the ftppanel extension successfully many months ago with Firefox though it was with a profile that is long gone. I also get the Ready dialog... I posted the jsconsole errors from InfoLister thinking that the others that just get the Ready dialog are probably experiencing the same issue.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Thanks a lot. Does it work when clicking Upload from the main IL window, and if not please post your UA string (Help>About).

edit: others having this problem, do you confirm you get the same messages as wig_out_on_me in JS Console?

edit2: wig: please try this debug build http://user.rol.ru/~nponom/infolister/i ... debug1.xpi . I think I know what the problem may be.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I get:
Warning: reference to undefined property chromeRegistry.getSelectedSkin
Source File: chrome://infolister/content/infolister.js
Line: 213

When just opening InfoLister - I have javascript.options.strict set to true. I am also using the default Firefox skin.

I get the same error again and the other ones I listed when clicking upload from both the FTP Settings and InfoLister windows. I have also tried writing it to the root of the ftp dir as /ffinfo.html and without the delimeter as ffinfo.html with the same results. Each time the Ready dialog shows and there is no network activity.

This is with:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10
and
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913 Firefox/0.10

I'll try the debug build you just posted.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I get the following repeating up to the 100th attempt:
Warning: reference to undefined property window.file
Line: 146

infolister: sendData(): window.file=undefined

infolister: 99

infolister: 100-th attempt...

and then the original and then

infolister: window.file=[xpconnect wrapped nsILocalFile]

infolister: startUpload() end

I thought that a local file is necessary and wrote to it prior to trying to upload when I have tried to upload. I have also opened the local file using the same path I specified in InfoLister.

*edited to add* I also get the following error in jsconsole when clicking options from the main InfoLister window and the options window does not display:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowInternal.focus]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://infolister/content/common.js :: anonymous :: line 106" data: no]

*edit #2* I tried with a new profile with only InfoLister installed with the latest branch zip build as posted earlier with the same errors.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

asqueella - if you are having trouble duplicating the issue I'll debug it on my end if you want. I'm familiar with the calls you are using and know where to find info on the ones that I'm not familiar with.

*edited to add* just for the hell of it I tried it again after removing all of the InfoLister prefs from prefs.js and had the same results / errors.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

wig: I know now what the problem is, no need for debugging, thanks.
I will post a fixed version later.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Cool - I took a look and saw that file was undefined so I changed the call to use an openDialog instead of open and passed it via the call to openDialog... it got it farther and now it shows an error prompt but it is not all the way there yet. Happy debugging.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

thanks ;)
Strange that it works for me and others - any ideas why is that?
I think I'll use openDialog or a pref, though I didn't want to.