[Ext] InfoLister [old 2004-2010 thread]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
progkix

Post by progkix »

I should also point out that this is only happening on my Linux machines. Windows does not appear to be affected.

All my machines are currently running Firefox / Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and the problem is only shoing up on the linux machines.

I'm reasonably sure that this did not happen with FF / TB 1.5.0.8 so that may provide a clue.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

OK, I'll try to reproduce this later.
kaufman

Post by kaufman »

I've been using InfoLister for a few years now, both at home and at work. Originally I had my home PC set to auto-upload my settings, and it worked just fine. I didn't notice until a week or so ago that I didn't have it set up that way at work. I tried to get it setup, and didn't have any luck - I kept getting "Unexpected Error (2147500037)". I chalked it up to wacky network filtering or something - I didn't have time to investigate it. At home, however, I recently had a BSOD that completely wiped out all of my FF settings - so I've been slowly rebuilding them, and when I go to set up InfoLister (version 0.9f) again, I run into the same situation as at work - "Unexpected Error (2147500037)". I saw that another user on this forum had the same problem, but corrected himself when he realized that he didn't have the filename. I've already verified that, as well as the fact that I can connect to my server via FTP with other tools.

Any ideas of what I need to check next?

System: WinXP, FF 1.5.0.9, InfoLister 0.9f, attempting to connect to ftp server using FTP protocol

TIA!
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

If you checked all of the things on http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/ftp/ then I'm afraid I have no idea. 2147500037 is NS_ERROR_FAILURE, the generic error code, so it's not of much use.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Re the linux problem: it appears a problem with prefwindow on linux, try this version, which fixes the problem on my Linux system.
kaufman

Post by kaufman »

Found it - sorry for the inconvenience. After I restarted FF, I got a different issue - no more Unexpected Error, but also no uploading. Turns out that I was over-specifying the path - didn't realize that my host drops me into the directory upon FTP connect - I'd specified an absolute path to it, but apparently InfoLister didn't like that. It's all good now. Thanks for a great extension, btw!
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

I feel it's me who should be apologizing for the inconvenience of the FTP options dialog!
riowong

Post by riowong »

Hi there, may I have a wish? I wish the extension list offers an option to separate the Enabled/Disabled extensions for easy reading and ext. management. Thx. :)
Nyks

Description

Post by Nyks »

Great tool!

Some time ago, i had another extension to list my isntalled extensions (forgot the name :( ).

infoLister is nice, too ... but how to display to short descriptions of each extension in the putput-text?
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Using a custom template.

Mr. Tech had an extension (Local Install?) implementing this functionality among other things. Also ListZilla or something...
Nyks

Post by Nyks »

Thanks, i alread read this ...

Now I got this code (from another forum) ... and it works as saved lister.txt file:

Code: Select all

text/plain;BBCode;Meine %app%-Informationen
[[
Letzte Aktualisierung: %lastupd%]][[
User-Agent: %useragent%]]

[[[b]Erweiterungen[/b] (aktiviert: %enabled_extensions_count%, deaktiviert: %disabled_extensions_count%; gesamt: %extensions_count%)
[list]
{{extension:[*][url=%homepageURL%]%name%[/url] %version% %disabled-text% %description%
}}[/list]
]][[
[b]Themes[/b] (%themes_count%)
[list]
{{theme:[*]%name% %selected-text%
}}[/list]
]][[
[b]Plugins[/b]
[list]
{{plugin:[*]%name%
}}[/list]
]]
riowong

Just a wish list

Post by riowong »

Just a wish list to Infolister:

1, I found that the default font is not looking good from Infolister. Could you pls make the font defined by user?

2, For disabled Extensions, could you pls offer an option to separate displaying disabled extensions after enabled extensions?

Thanks a lot for Infolister! :)
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

1. Which font? You can control it via HTML in custom templates.
2. Unlikely due to time constraints.
riowong

Post by riowong »

1, I'll try it out
2, thanks anyway!
xdeviantx

search engine plugins

Post by xdeviantx »

is there any chance of adding search engine plugins to the list of items to track and print