[Ext] InfoLister [old 2004-2010 thread]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bazon

Post by Bazon »

asqueella wrote:[edit] Bazon: I saw your posts, but haven't yet looked into it, the first issue you reported was deliberately coded like that, unsure about the second one. Looks like I will have to fix this.
Hi asquella!
Thanks for looking at that!

But I got a question about
asquella wrote:the first issue you reported was deliberately coded like that

I'm not really sure what you mean with "first issue" and "second issue", but I think you mean:

First issue = The example wih the xpiLink of Tab Sidebar: Severall extension versions for the same Firefox Version in the Update URL, InfoLister picks the first/oldest one for %xpiLink%

Second issue = The example with the xpiLink to InfoLister itself: Different extension versions for different Firefox versions in the UpateURL, InfoLister picks the first Link (which isn't matching) for xpiLink, not depending on the Firefox Version used.

If this is the case:
Why is the first issue deliberatly coded like that?
I'd prefer a xpiLink to the newest Version.... :) (matching to my Fx Version, of course...)

thanks again,
Bazon
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

I don't remember why, but a comment in the code indicates I thought about it ;)

Having several update links for the same version doesn't make much sense, so I hoped no-one would use it. As I said, I'll have to write it properly.
RenegadeX

Post by RenegadeX »

Hi - I just installed the All-In-One-Sidebar and so now have (when it's not auto-hid) a handy little toolbar running down the side of my screen. And on that toolbar I put Infolister.

I noticed that of the many options available, "load Infolister in Sidebar" is not one!
It seems it can only load in a pop-up window.

What lines would I need to change in order to make it load in the sidebar instead of a window?

thanks for a great extension!
Bazon

Post by Bazon »

@RenegadeX:
InfoLister in the SideBar is no Problem:
(At least when you mean the Info-List, not the Options Panel.)

type about:info in the URL bar and InfoLister opens in a tab.
Bookmark this tab now.
After you made that bookmark, rightclick that bookmark and change its properties to open in the sidebar. (After is really important, at least for me it didn't work to tell Fx to open this bookmark in the Sidebar directly when creating that bookmark...)

So when you now open that bookmark, InfoLister opens in the SideBar :)

cheers,
Bazon
Bazon

Post by Bazon »

PS @RenegadeX:
Even the Options Panel in the SideBar is no problem:
Open
chrome://infolister/content/infolister.xul
in the URL-Bar and do the same as described before.

sheers,
Bazon
nnagid

Post by nnagid »

I just found this extension and it's AWSOME - thank you very much asqueella!!!

I often use a net-less computer for long periods of time (out at sea), and this extension will help me to easily duplicate my environment there.

Some issues:
- I saw an old post (v0.8.2?) with a dialog with format info (before/after etc). Now covered by XML/XSL?
- I haven't been able to get the XML/XSL formatting to work. How about an example/screenshot?
- Some extensions appear in the regular extension pop-up with "Disabled - not compatible with FF 1.5". This will be very useful in the info-list (XML?)
- Also, I'd would like to see some descriptive text about the extension (e.g. "collects various information about Firefox/Thunderbird and saves it to a file"), and maybe even a longer description in a tooltip (possible via XML?)
- how about a button to automatically download/update all (or selected) xpi-s to a local folder?

Thanx again,
Nir
nnagid

Post by nnagid »

Some user comments for each entry (eg "disable this extension during devleopment") and for the whole list ("extensions to download when I install FF 1.5") would also be nice.

Nir
Peng

Post by Peng »

nnagid wrote:- Also, I'd would like to see some descriptive text about the extension (e.g. "collects various information about Firefox/Thunderbird and saves it to a file"), and maybe even a longer description in a tooltip (possible via XML?)

The description displayed in the Extension Manager is stored in the XML file, so you can display it. No idea how, though, I don't do XML and XSL. :)
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
RenegadeX

Post by RenegadeX »

Bazon wrote:PS @RenegadeX:
Even the Options Panel in the SideBar is no problem:
Open
chrome://infolister/content/infolister.xul
in the URL-Bar and do the same as described before.

Thanks Bazon - not really what I wanted (I wanted to use existing button with context menu), but that is the best solution for now. I'm assuming the extension would need an extensive rewrite in order to get the existing button actions to use the sidebar?
Peng

Post by Peng »

RenegadeX wrote:Thanks Bazon - not really what I wanted (I wanted to use existing button with context menu), but that is the best solution for now. I'm assuming the extension would need an extensive rewrite in order to get the existing button actions to use the sidebar?

I wouldn't know at all, but I doubt it. It would need changes so it wouldn't look bad, like the buttons being on two rows and stuff, but I expect it could pretty easily be done. Having it either be able to open in the window or sidebar would be neat. :)
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

I saw an old post (v0.8.2?) with a dialog with format info (before/after etc). Now covered by XML/XSL?

XSLT or templates.

I haven't been able to get the XML/XSL formatting to work. How about an example/screenshot?

Nope, just put an XSLT file next to the XML. To make it display in the InfoLister window itself you might have to use some magical powers.

how about a button to automatically download/update all (or selected) xpi-s to a local folder?

No, but you can generate an HTML file with links then use another program (like flashget) to download all files linked from a page.
gemal

crash at startup

Post by gemal »

with build:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060103 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006010315
I crash at startup with InfoLister 0.9c
Henrik Gemal
Mozilla Evangelist
Peng

Re: crash at startup

Post by Peng »

gemal wrote:with build:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060103 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006010315
I crash at startup with InfoLister 0.9c

WFM with InfoLister 0.9c from 2005-10-25 in Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060104 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006010404 in a mostly-empty profile (just Console² 0.2.5.3+, DOM Inspector 1.9a1, Nightly Tester Tools 0.7.9.10, Talkback 1.6a1 and Update Channel Selector 1.0.1). InfoLister's window has the hour-glass cursor, but works fine. It's the default configuration of InfoLister.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
CyberSlug

Post by CyberSlug »

Thank you for giving us the option of hiding the Tools menu item!

I personally create a bookmark to chrome://infolister/content/infolister.xul with bookmark keyword about:extensions :)

Could the "Save As" window have a default file name and/or file type?
onemen

Post by onemen »

start with last trunk build

Code: Select all

Error: Components.classes['@mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/service;1'] has no properties
Source file: chrome://infolister/content/common.js
Line: 175