[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
streetwolf

Re: [EXT] DblClicker & KillSpinners & Add-on Toolbarbutton

Post by streetwolf »

It works but I just discovered that I had the option 'Disable everywhere' enabled. I always wondered why the icon was always gray. So I guess your original suggestion was correct and I don't need the script.

I feel like an idiot :oops:
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochai:

Seems that FS isn't working on Nightly anymore. Some patch must have broken FS or perhaps it's the latest Flash beta I installed. Perhaps you could see what the problem is?

Thanks.

**** EDIT ****
Everything seems to be working now. If an Fx patch caused it perhaps it was backed off. I'll keep an eye on things to see if the problem returns.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Found out that this patch is the cause of FlashStopper not working 987111 – Implement Xrays to Object objects It was backed off which is why FS started working again. Now it is back on in inbound and FS doesn't work again. I updated the bug report to indicate that it breaks FS.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

thanks streetwolf

on first glance it seems not too big of an issue (hopefully just using unwrappedJSObject if it exists)
will look into it further and try to incorporate it in the new version that is coming soon...

yochai
okonek

Post by okonek »

FlashStopper stopped working on youtube.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

streetwolf wrote:Found out that this patch is the cause of FlashStopper not working 987111 – Implement Xrays to Object objects It was backed off which is why FS started working again. Now it is back on in inbound and FS doesn't work again. I updated the bug report to indicate that it breaks FS.

checked on nightly and it is working for me (maybe the patch is not in), please let me know if you still have this problem and add a reference page...

okonek wrote:FlashStopper stopped working on youtube.

was not working for about 5 second after i saw your post, and it started working again while i was testing so i'm not sure what to make of it...
okonek

Post by okonek »

yochaym wrote:was not working for about 5 second after i saw your post, and it started working again while i was testing so i'm not sure what to make of it...

It is not working still. I've had to installed "YouTube Control Center".
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi okonek,

i still haven't been able to experience any difficulties with youtube...

please add a link to a video (also are you using ff29 ? what os?) so i can try to reproduce the problem. also if you can check on a new profile it would be helpfull.

there are few solution you can try:
request to use html5 on youtube using http://www.youtube.com/html5
i have a new version that uses different way to stop youtube flash & html5 you can try it from the usual place http://www.byo.co.il/download/newversions.zip
i'll be happy if you check it out.

thanks

yochai
okonek

Post by okonek »

Hi yochai,

I have located the problem. I used previously specified by you extensions.flashstopper.replaceregexp settings.

yochaym wrote:about:config - change param "extensions.flashstopper.replaceregexp" to "((^|\W)auto(_?play|start(OnView)?)["']?\s?[=:,]\s?["']?)(true|1|on|(?=&))" (without quotes)"

I changed to defaults and is working now.
Thanks

FF29/XP
Ps. False positive. None of the proposed solutions, does not work for me, however. :(

Ps2. The new profile fix everything. :)
Thanks
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi okonek,

the param in about:config shouldn't be the problem since youtube does not need proactive blocking (page code manipulation), which leads me to believe you added youtube to your blocked sites (in permissions dialog | you can also disable it in the enable proactive blocking menu item of the button...), remove it and Everything should work...

yochai
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

uploaded version 1.1.2 that should take care of the sandbox Xrays issues...
it can be downloaded from the versions page or from this link https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... on-history.
please check it out.

thanks for the heads-up

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaym wrote:hi streetwolf,

uploaded version 1.1.2 that should take care of the sandbox Xrays issues...
it can be downloaded from the versions page or from this link https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... on-history.
please check it out.

thanks for the heads-up

yochai

Works fine now. Thanks.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

I don't understand why this video plays automatically. I have no rules to to make it so.

The Daily Show tackles Google Glass 'Explorer' discrimination in San Fran - Neowin
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

does it autoplay only when flashstopper is enabled or either way? btw it doesn't autplay for me...

anyways from research i did (once) the mtvnservices player does not really autoplay by default and its very hard to force it ( and then flashstopper should stop it).
try: http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.2.7.15.swf?uri=mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:3af3c022-ed01-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30&autoPlay=true&type=network
the only autoplaying examples i found (http://v2.fatcatnewsvideo.com/VideoDetail.aspx?pv=spike&vid=m7t2c1 , http://freethoughtblogs.com/singham/2013/11/13/autoplay-problem/ ) are strangely actually due to adblock plus filtering 140cc.v.fwmrm.net/ad/p/*. i'm guessing that missing the ads is causing the autoplay...

if this is not the case for you add some other examples and i'll try to investigate (although flashstopper will never stop everything since its so site specific!!!)

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi yochai,

I found out the problem is caused by Ghostery. When G is disabled the videos don't auto play even with FS disabled. The Colbert video is different. It will auto play if FS is disabled, but not when FS is enabled.

Ghostery has given me other problems playing videos. Guess it's time to get rid of it.