[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xdelicacyx

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by xdelicacyx »

Yochaim, someone found out that flashstopper is actually responsible of a bug, i cannot open the scratchpad of greasemonkey, i get an error.
Look at it, it should be fixed.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

uploaded updated v1.5.3 ( newversions.zip)
please add a link to 'someones' post...
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

Thanks, it's fixed
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Hi yochaim,

I am using the excellent AutoplayStopper v1.7.1 (which I downloaded from one of your posts in this thread) but I have noticed a problem: Whenever AutoplayStopper is enabled, I cannot view the following web site:

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/i ... pus_12.htm

With AutoplayStopper enabled, the link above gives me a totally blank page. However, if I disable AutoplayStopper then the web page displays fine.

I'm getting this issue on both Waterfox v56.2.14 (latest version) and Firefox v55.0.3.

Are you able to reproduce this? and if so, is there a possible fix or work-around?

Thanks.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi Oomingmak,

i cannot reproduce this on latest esr/nightly & don't have a way to check it on the versions you have...
you can try
1) allowing autoplay for that site (which will effectively disable the extension for that site).
2) installing flashstopper-e10s version which is the original ff extension (instead of autoplaystopper...)
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Thanks for your reply.

I had already tried allowing autoplay for that site (it was the very first thing that I did when I saw the problem) but it didn't work. In fact even when I used the "Disable Everywhere" option, it still didn't work. The only way to get the site to work is to disable the AutoplayStopper extension entirely (from the Firefox/Waterfox 'Add-ons' page).

I recently switched from FlashStopper to AutoplayStopper because I much prefer AutoplayStopper. I've been using AutoplayStopper on my Chromium-based browser for well over a year, and it's really great. I was only using FlashStopper on Firefox/Waterfox because I could not find a version of AutoplayStopper for those browsers (until I saw it in the zip file that you provided in one of your previous posts here).

FlashStopper breaks BitChute (as I mentioned to you in a post a few months ago) and it also makes seeking feel laggy on almost all sites (and sometimes the video will get stuck in a buffer loop and require a full window refresh). It also doesn't look as nice because the video player preview image goes black and then flashes the image a couple of times before it settles in a state ready to be played. There is also a bit of a delay between pressing the play button and when the video actually starts.

None of the above issues are a massive deal-braker, but AutoplayStopper doesn't have any of those problems. It displays the video player preview image instantly, with no flicker or flashing. Video playback starts immediately when the play button is pressed, and there is no lagginess when moving the seek bar to jump to different parts of the video. It even plays nicely with YouTubeCenter. The only issue I have seen is that the 'Autplay Exceptions' popup dialog (in Settings) will not display unless e10s is enabled in the browser, but now that I've figured out the cause it displays fine. Other than that, AutoplayStopper has been working really well on Firefox and Waterfox. That's why I'd prefer to stay with it than go back to FlashStopper.
yochaim wrote:i cannot reproduce this on latest esr/nightly & don't have a way to check it on the versions you have...
If you feel inclined to look into this (of course it's totally your decision) you can obtain a stand-alone no-install portable version of Waterfox from the Waterfox web site. Everything is contained in a single folder (which can later be easily deleted after testing, leaving no trace on your system). It's what I use on my system to prevent potential issues of different browsers clashing.

The Waterfox downloads page is here: https://www.waterfox.net/releases/
At the top of the page is the Waterfox Classic section. The portable install is the second link from the left.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

checked with ff55.0.3 and it seems to be a webextensions issue. using only ubo (we) the page will not load...
only solution i found is adding "exclude_matches": ["https://www.gpsoft.com.au/*"], to autoplaystopper "content_scripts" section in the manifest.json.
p.s
how are you able to add the extension to ff?
you can get the latest autoplaystopper from the chrome webstore as crx change it to .xpi and install it on ff...
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Thank you for investigating.
yochaim wrote:how are you able to add the extension to ff?
As I mentioned in my previous post, you provided a ready-made xpi version in a zip file (along with FlashStopper) earlier in this thread in one of your recent posts. So when I saw it, I just dragged it onto the Firefox window and it installed and worked. I did the same for Waterfox too.

I was excited because I had never seen AutoplayStopper for non-Chrome browsers before.
yochaim wrote: you can get the latest autoplaystopper from the chrome webstore as crx change it to .xpi and install it on ff...
Wow, I never knew that!!

I thought that they were two totally incompatible formats.

Will this work even for FF v55? I'm using FF v55 and Waterfox v56.2.14 (latest). I assume it will be fine on Waterfox because Waterfox works with both XUL and WebExt.

I have tried to download the crx to rename it, but I can't download extensions from the Chrome Store (like I can on Mozilla Add-ons site). The stupid Chrome Store will only let me install. If I try to right-click and save, I only get the html page, not the extension.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

how did you override the signing requirement in ff55?
there are plenty ways to get the extension crx (you might also need to convert it to zip format...)