[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

Re: [EXT] DblClicker 1.3 for Firefox

Post by yochaim »

do you use any theme? if so try the default...
any changes to userChrome.css ?

you can easily create a new FF profile (cmd > firefox -p ) and install only dblclicker to check if you get the required effect.
if this works it means that a conflict is the probable cause, and the problem could be overridden....
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Uploaded new version 1.5.2 that adds Mac compatibility. It is in sandbox pending review, but is accessible through https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/13902 link or by https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... onfirmed=1

in mac the extension emulates command+click which does not open new tabs from menus and toolbars...

Any feedback would be much appreciated…
breather

Post by breather »

Suggestion.

I want to be able to set a sound for some events.
If I open a tab by dblclicking a link, a sound will play.

Ofcourse should this be an option and not something fixed.
Also I should be able to set the volume for this sound, and also be given a bunch of choices as to what sound I wanna hear.

Why do I want this?

Well, it´s in the name of userfriendliness... I dont want to look away from the link I just clicked to know if the link opend allright.

Tnx
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

breather thanks for the suggestion.

What you have in mind seems to need a generic solution. links could be opened in background tab in lots of ways ctrl+click, middle-click and also by FF params like browser.tabs.loadInBackground. so you need something like TMP that overtakes all tab behavior...
dblclicker only aims to simplify the launch of new tabs and i'm trying to keep it as lean as possible.

yochay
breather

Post by breather »

allright, thanks
breather

Post by breather »

btw yochay
any chance you will make dblclicker for Safari?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

I've looked into making dblclicker for google chrome but found out it doesn't let you manipulate the browser (opening bookmarks and such), i will look into safari but expect the same problem...
btw i've noticed you use FF4.0b10 on mac and i would really appreciate it if you could check if v1.5.3b1 lets you open bookmarks in new tab from the bookmarks menu with double-click (hopping the new FF behaves the same for mac and windows which it didn't before)
thanks
yochay
breather

Post by breather »

If I dblClick (using v1.5.3b1) a Bookmark from the Bookmark Menu the Bookmark just opens in the current tab, not a new one.

I hope I´ll see dblClicker on Safari in the future, I use Safari as frequently as I use Firefox.

dblClicker is a great extension, keep up the good work.
Yaron10

May I request your help?

Post by Yaron10 »

Hi,

Thank you for DblClicker. I really appreciate your work.

May I request your help?
I use Firefox 5, and for some reason DblClicker doesn't work. Double clicking a link - opens it in the current tab.
I've tried all options.

Best regards.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi Yaron10,
since compatibility tests for FF5.0 (also on winxp) were successful i would guess that add-ons conflict is your problem...
you can disable other extensions (and special themes) and see if dblclicker is functioning,
if that works let me know your extension list (if it's not too long) and i'll check what collides.
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Hi Yochaym,

Thank you for time and help.

Here is the list of my Add-ons:

Abp
Ie Tab 2
Status-4-Evar
StatusBarEx
Toggl Private Browsing
Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+
(All - last version)

I really appreciate it.

Yaron
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi Yaron,
i didn't understand if you got dblclicker to work after disabling the other extensions+themes.
if that is the case, just enable the rest of the extensions+themes one by one and let me know which is the one creating the conflict...
p.s
i've tried some of your add-ons on FF5.0+xp and didn't find any problem.
is it failing at any link you try or just in specific page???
QuickComment

Post by QuickComment »

yochaym,

Would it be possible to update your plugin with a function to reload a tab on a double click? I used to use this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ble-click/ but the author doesn't update it anymore.

I would extremely appreciate it if you were able to do this because you seem like somebody who won't abandon your extensions.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi QuickComment,
since every user want something else for double-clicking a tab (please see my discussion with CArrL here viewtopic.php?p=7711335#p7711335) i prefer to leave that for other extensions. you should use extensions like 'Tab Utilities' or TMP and set 'tab double-click action' to none in the options.
p.s
'Reload Tab On Double-Click' just needs it's maxVersion to be upgraded and it will continue to work...
QuickComment

Post by QuickComment »

yochaym wrote:Hi QuickComment,
since every user want something else for double-clicking a tab (please see my discussion with CArrL here viewtopic.php?p=7711335#p7711335) i prefer to leave that for other extensions. you should use extensions like 'Tab Utilities' or TMP and set 'tab double-click action' to none in the options.
p.s
'Reload Tab On Double-Click' just needs it's maxVersion to be upgraded and it will continue to work...

Is that something that can be done relatively easy for somebody who has never edited/made extensions?

Edit: Never mind I found out how to do it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Last edited by QuickComment on August 14th, 2011, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.