[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by yochaim »

streetwolf,

you asked, i answered it here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14733650
diluted means no proactive blocking...
as mentioned i was checking the possibility to make it a chrome extension (compatible with we).
since PB is impossible i've integrated flashhider into FS.
you can get it from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fpkknnebdh
xpi version http://www.byo.co.il/Download/newversions.zip

p.s
i'm not going to maintain ff specific version so future compatibility is not guaranteed...
Last edited by yochaim on November 27th, 2017, 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

AutoplayStopper works pretty good. There is a slight problem at cnn.com. The play arrow becomes the pause button but when I click on it it changes to the play button so I can play it.

What does the badge number mean on the icon? Is there a trick to get rid of it?

Also, how do I get updates for AS?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

the actual stopping code is almost the same (handler.js with some differences in flash) so it is same for me on FS without PB on cnn.
on html5 FS tries to simulate playing then pause to get the controls in the correct state but it's not working for the latest cnn...
badge shows num of media/flash elements handled (it's a convention in chrome extensions probably to let you know it is working for you)
are you using it on chrome or ff? in ff you can use userchrome.css to removed it (i've actually changed all badge appearance in ff since it's terrible) . in chrome you probably can't...
Last edited by yochaim on February 17th, 2018, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:the actual stopping code is almost the same (handler.js with some differences in flash) so it is same for me on FS without PB on cnn.
on html5 FS tries to simulate playing then pause to get the controls in the correct state but it's not working for the latest cnn...
badge shows num of media/flash elements handled (it's a convention in chrome extensions probably to let you it is working for you)
are you using it on chrome or ff? in ff you can use userchrome.css to removed it (i've actually changed all badge appearance in ff since it's terrible) . in chrome you probably can't...
I'm on Fx55 Nightly. I am running now with only WE add-ons except for two until they are converted. WE will probably not allow userChrome.css as it modifies the chrome. As a result I'm trying not to use it but in reality I am at the moment.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi gasght23rafa,

i found some inconsistent behavior in the e10s version on FF52.
uploaded new version (e10s-1.4.5b5) to the dev channel.
please check it out and let me know if it solved your issues...
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

streetwolf

how did you add AS to FF (just curious)?
i believe you are correct about userchrome.css but see https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ent-223635
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:streetwolf

how did you add AS to FF (just curious)?
i believe you are correct about userchrome.css but see https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ent-223635
**** how did you add AS to FF (just curious)?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-foxified
gasght23rafa

Post by gasght23rafa »

yochaim wrote:hi gasght23rafa,

the e10s version should work fine on FF52 with multiprocess enabled. http://www.welt.de is a jwplayer and it stops as it should...
please uninstall FS and reinstall this version https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... 5b4-fx.xpi
then recheck after restart. if it doesn't work try on a new profile to make sure it's an FS problem.
let me know the results...
Today I saw it has been updated to beta 5. I can confirm that the videos are now properly blocked.
Perhaps it really needed just a "reinstall".
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi yochaim...

Got a head scratcher for you. Using Autoplaystopper latest version. When I run this video http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peoplean ... vi-AAoobOH the spinner appears for about 30 seconds or so then I can play the video. I think it's related to a rule in my adblocker (uBlock Origin). When I allow this domain 'fwmrm.net' in uBO an ad plays right away followed by the video of the kid. I think the 30 second spinner with the domain blocked is the same time length as the ad. I have a discussion about this in the uBlock Origin section.

The thing is if the domain is blocked and the spinner is spinning all I have to do is bring up the context menu over the video and click on play. Instantly the kid video plays with no ad first. Isn't the play entry yours? Why does this work? As a point of reference I tried a new profile with only uBO installed and got the same delay. I didn't have Autoplaystopper installed.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

msn uses flash ads (and disabling flash detection in AS will cause it to spin as well), but the actual html5 video is already in place but hidden under the image. the AS menu item appears only for 'covered' html5 video elements so it is available at that time (and apparently when the video start playing they hide the image...). after the ad (or the ad delay when blocked expires) the AS menu item is not available on the main area since the html5 is on top (use shift+right-click, but is present above the play button).
other than that did you have any issues with AS?
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:msn uses flash ads (and disabling flash detection in AS will cause it to spin as well), but the actual html5 video is already in place but hidden under the image. the AS menu item appears only for 'covered' html5 video elements so it is available at that time (and apparently when the video start playing they hide the image...). after the ad (or the ad delay when blocked expires) the AS menu item is not available on the main area since the html5 is on top (use shift+right-click, but is present above the play button).
other than that did you have any issues with AS?
AS is working fine other then having to click on the pause/play button a number of times over at cnn.com. Can you provide an option to get rid of the badge?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i checked the cnn issue. it needs a change in the handler that i'm not sure is ok for other sites...
for the badge just use the userchrome.css. i've added this so all badges will look half-decent:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) 
{
	.toolbarbutton-badge {
	  font-size: 8px !important;
	  font-weight: normal !important;
	  padding: 0px !important;
	  border-radius: 0px !important;
	  margin: 10px 0 0 !important;
	  margin-inline-end: -3px !important;
	  min-width: 10px !important;
	  max-width: 28px;
	}	
}
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:i checked the cnn issue. it needs a change in the handler that i'm not sure is ok for other sites...
for the badge just use the userchrome.css. i've added this so all badges will look half-decent:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) 
{
	.toolbarbutton-badge {
	  font-size: 8px !important;
	  font-weight: normal !important;
	  padding: 0px !important;
	  border-radius: 0px !important;
	  margin: 10px 0 0 !important;
	  margin-inline-end: -3px !important;
	  min-width: 10px !important;
	  max-width: 28px;
	}	
}
I appreciate the css code but I'm running in 'WE mode 'which assumes that this sort of code won't be allowed. Why not create an Fx version of AS?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

there is no indication userchrome is going away soon (see https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ent-223635).
why?
Last edited by yochaim on March 16th, 2017, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:there is no indication userchrome is going away soon (see https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ent-223635).
why bother?
But doesn't Mozilla want to prevent users from modifying the UI?