[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by yochaim »

@streetwolf

i think for the beta channel you get prompted for the latest on the channel (maybe considering the version) so uploading v1.4.5b1 caused your prompt. it's only a single word change in the handler but anyways for good order and QA benefits i've uploaded e10s-1.4.5b1...

@delicacy

yes and no (but you can use forcing it to html in both cases ...)
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

please don't tell me what i can do Yochaim, as i already old u in the past, i'm not a coder & have no experience in computer languages, so if you have a solution, it'd be more helpful.
& don't forget xhamster please, i'd really love a handler for it, it's driving me nuts.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

& i don't know why aol is still in handler.js, it doesn't work at all..
i get a blue circular circle in the middle & over the play button as well when clicked..
weird.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

aol moved to html5 a while back , the handler is for the legacy flash that still exists on some remote dark places...
it stops and starts well for me with latest FS on PM/FF.
as for your previous post, again you can install flashhider (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... flashhider) and block flash on problematic sites. this would ensure FS will stop them (like on yahoo instead of using proactive blocking).
as flash is dwindling there not much point in trying to overcome these reluctant flash sites...
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

flashhider converts flash sites videos to html5?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

most sites will use html5 player if they don't detect flash in the browser. the problem is that the browsers don't hide the plugin even if it is disabled for the site so they try using flash and fail... flashhider just ensures flash is not detected when it is blocked for the site which usually results in the site using an html5 player. you can test it on yahoo for example or even on https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ if you just block flash the compatibility check will show it but with flashhider it is undetected.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

your flash hider didn't help at all in 5 non working sites for me..

tf1
aol
msn
myspace
dailymotion..

& i asked you a handler script in the past, & reasked u that because u had ignored it, & it clearly seems to me you don't wanna help or cant get a handler script to work for the site,
cause in the past, if i had ever asked u a handler script, i would have had it the same or next day..

i'll stop asking cause its pointless since it's been ignored since a while.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

delicacy

the script editor was not working anymore in PM 27.0.1
fixed version is available from here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... 5b2-fx.xpi
this version also fixes the issue with dailymotion using the default handler (which is still flash for PM) although PB was stopping it anyways...
aol & msn insite & myspace use html5 and stop with the default handler. if you got problem with aol try it on a clean profile...
msn franceinfo does not stop on default handler but it will stop on PB although you'll need 2 clicks to start it.
there is an issue with hiding flash on msn although this also works for franceinfo (see discussion around http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14722983)
tf1 insite (http://www.lci.fr/politique/arnaud-mont ... 42755.html) is html5 but doesn't work for me on PM (it does stop on FF). the flash coming from wat.tv (http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/news/in ... 49286.html) used to stop (see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p13735313) but doesn't anymore.
to stop it you can add this to your userscript (now available for editing with the editor):

Code: Select all

handlers.add(function handleWattv(aElement){
        const document = aElement.ownerDocument, window = document.defaultView;       
        if (window.location.hostname.search("wat.tv$") != -1) {
            var hash = window.location.hash.replace(/(autoStart=)1/, "$10");
            if (hash != window.location.hash) window.location.hash = hash;
        }
    });
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

my userhandler "now":

Code: Select all

//      userhandler.js - handler that doesn't get overwritten by new versions 

"use strict;"

function registerUserHandlers(handlers, TRACE)
{
        var dummyid = Math.floor(Math.random() * 100);

handlers.add(function handleTuTv(aElement){

var param, flashvars, config, id = aElement.id || (aElement.id = "dummyid" + (++dummyid % 100));
            if (aElement.ownerDocument.location.hostname.search("tu.tv$") != -1)
                if ((param = aElement.querySelector("[id=" + id + "] > param[name=flashvars]")) && param.value.search(/^config={/) != -1)
                   aElement.wrappedJSObject.fp_seek = () => delete aElement.wrappedJSObject.fp_seek &&
                      aElement.ownerDocument.defaultView.setTimeout(() => aElement.wrappedJSObject.fp_stop(), 0);
        });

handlers.add(function handleMojvideo(aElement){

var param, id = aElement.id || (aElement.id = "dummyid" + (++dummyid % 100));
            if (aElement.ownerDocument.location.hostname.search("mojvideo.com$") != -1 &&  (param = aElement.querySelector("[id=" + id + "] > param[name=flashvars]")))
                 return !!(param.value = param.value.replace("t=1", "t=2"));
        });
};
                                 // tfl.com
  handlers.add(function handleWattv(aElement){
        const document = aElement.ownerDocument, window = document.defaultView;       
        if (window.location.hostname.search("wat.tv$") != -1) {
            var hash = window.location.hash.replace(/(autoStart=)1/, "$10");
            if (hash != window.location.hash) window.location.hash = hash;
        }
    });
Last edited by delicacy1 on February 17th, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

tf1 still not working, & i removed a strange handler in the main handler file:
NF1.COM or hf1.com
something like that, it was pointing to a domain that's not even active from ur main handler file
& now at the start of the browsing flashstopper tells me theres no defined handler

& your script editor doesnt even detect the userhandler, its greyed out.
i had to change it manually
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

msn is now weird..

i have to click on the main play button, then a circular band appears & a second play button in the middle of the circular band "again"
& i have to play on the play button a second time but this time, the one of the progressbar..

its very weird to get a video to play, but it works..

dailymotions fixed.
my space & tf1 still not working
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

delicacy1 wrote:tf1 still not working, & i removed a strange handler in the main handler file:
NF1.COM or hf1.com
you shouldn't touch the main handler (section script in editor) this would get overwritten with new versions...

if the userhandler (section userscript in the editor) is grayed that's no good. maybe it's best if you copy your userscript.js to somewhere safe. uninstall FS & restart & reinstall FS then after changing extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu to true copy your handlers from the userhandler.js to the user script part in the editor add the tf1 handler then apply. so you'll have a clean installation...

msn on franceinfo with PB behaves as you mentioned.
don't you get html5 player on myspace? i have to disable latitude to see the video but even the ads stops. you do have to use right click play to start the video...
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

there's no "proper" install method of the handler in the userhandler file..
either i get the script interface to work, or add it in the file itself, since i have to add a portion of strings behind others.. & you haven't confirmed my code of the userhandler..
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

i did what u told me, there's a bug in ur package, editscript window is greyed out, no possible edition.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

sadly you are correct, forgot 1 file...
btw paste this chrome://flashstopper/content/scriptedit-dialog.xul in the address bar to get the editor in a tab.
you can bookmark it so you wouldn't need the option page...
(the splitter for the user script might be collapsed at the bottom.)
also uploaded fixed version to the dev channel.