[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jbclem

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by jbclem »

Is this the place for support with Killspinners? I have it working with Firefox but not with Palemoon. It's installed in Palemoon, and I have the timeout set the same as in Firefox, but it's not stopping a website loading and not showing the Allow dialogue either. Should it work with Palemoon, and how can I troubleshoot this?

Firefox v51
Palemoon (Atom/WinXP) 26.5
KillSpinners 1.3.2
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi jbclem,

yes...
wfm on last pm (27.6.2) but i can't check it on 26.5.
try installing one of the previous versions (you can get it from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/), i'm guessing 1.3.1 should work for you...
jbclem

Post by jbclem »

You were right, v1.3.1 is now working like it should. Thanks for a really useful addon. I use it to keep multiple tabs/websites from loading completely with a 10 sec timeout, and this makes the browser usable at least a minute sooner.
Stiggy Zardust

Post by Stiggy Zardust »

Hi.

Long time user, first time caller here.

I have an issue with videos on a certain newssite I frequent. Here's an example: http://wyborcza.pl/AkcjeSpecjalne/10,15 ... .html#HPw6

AutoplayStopper only pauses the autoplay, but not the buffering, and instead of nice-looking thumbnails all I see are these ugly black rectangles. I realize this is minor stuff, but they put a LOT of these videos into the body of articles and it is highly irritating.

I used to be able to block these properly with FlashStopper, using its pro-active blocking, but I seem to remember it was also possible while testing foxified AutoplayStopper on pre-57 Firefox (I might be wrong on that, though).
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi Stiggy,

this is the gazeta.pl player.
the video is stopped and the controls are left in the correct state (also starts...).
it doesn't buffer for me fx|chrome (it only gets to the speaker icon) and it should be the same for you.
proactive-blocking is effective on this but there is no way to achieve it in chrome extension api.
since there is no poster what you see is the video first frame which is black in this case (but see http://www.sport.pl/inne/7,64998,229470 ... -4000.html)
so sadly not much help...
Stiggy Zardust

Post by Stiggy Zardust »

Huh, chrome limitations, that's what I was afraid of. It only buffers the video a tiny, tiny bit, and since I'm not on a metered connection it doesn't really matter.

Thanks anyway, and keep up the good work!
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

ff 44.0.2
fb 1.4.5

xhamster:

each time i click on play, a video appears as a file to download instead of streaming..
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

thats a matter of your used firefox version, not xhamster or anything else.
sirald66

Post by sirald66 »

WIN 7 HP SP1
CHROME 67.0.3396.87
AUTOPLAY STOPPER 1.2.5
https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-boy-tort ... d=56176430

Page plays about first 5 seconds of audio in a loop. Appears full buffer loads.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

can't reproduce the issue (tried w/wo adblocker)
even without aps i don't get any sound (think chrome allows only muted video autoplay)
buffering is prevented for media with 'normal' source but many sites use MediaSources which is not stoppable (source starts with blob:)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

CHROME 67.0.3396.87
AUTOPLAY STOPPER 1.2.5
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36
sure you met the right forum here?
but - chromium shows video smoother than firefox (only very litte stuttering). line is fast enough. need to check on my other machine.

#
windows 10, faster machine - nothing.
sirald66

Post by sirald66 »

Yes. Disabling AdBlock Plus and HTTPS Everywhere allowed Autoplay Stopper to work.

It appears without AS, multiple stories down the page loop a video blob (animated GIF?); sort of like a mouse-over, it's a scroll-over.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

it's looped video. if you've got aps working right clicking on them & using the aps play menuitem will start the loop...
still i don't think you should get sound for autoplaying video unless you changed some settings (or maybe its the Media Engagement Index that lets this site autoplay for you)...
z00

Post by z00 »

I use Add-on Toolbarbutton to add a button for FlashStopper to Pale Moon (latest version), and it works great. However, whenever I restart Pale Moon, the button disappears. I have to disable Add-on Toolbarbutton, re-enable it, import the button again, and then edit it to set it up properly. Is there any way I can avoid this and have the button persist across Pale Moon sessions? I have "flashstopper-panel" in both the button menu and the button context.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i think the problem is with addontbb last version...
try using v1.1.3 (from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/)
be sure to disable updates for the addon.