[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Brummelchen

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by Brummelchen »

firefox will show you the plugin button in addressbar if a plugin is used! steady feature also in v44 :roll:

IMO both using html5 - i dont hink they are using flash. investigate on page code and you will find it.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

delicacy,

lets recap...
html5 players should not play (you can use media.autoplay.enabled=false to ensure)!
to check if a site will offer html5 player disable the flash plugin completely ('never activate') and recheck.
you can (usually) force specific sites to offer html5 players by using flashhidder.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

about:config code works for ff on xhamster, finally )) thx
YaShum

Post by YaShum »

yochaim wrote:YaShum,

the problem with the new youtube are no comments on foreground tab and the play button in the middle doesn't work for background tabs (the play in the control band works).
none of this resembles what you describe so maybe you are using other youtube add-ons that causes your problem.
anyways i've uploaded new dev version 2.4.8b1 that should fix the above issues (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... on-history).
The latest version has fixed this autorun, thanks. But only now I noticed that the player, although it stops, the video is still loading (in the video scroll bar there is a gray line that lengthens with time (that is, the video is downloaded from the server)).
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

yup,
it happened in the background tabs for the older fs versions with the new youtube anyways.
the youtube handler used to reload the video cued but now it doesn't show comments unless it starts downloading the video.
still buffering is fairly slow compared to when you play the video...
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

@YaShum, @lossless

new fs version (v2.4.9) should improve nyoutube handling.
fore/background tabs should show thumbnail without control band (& buffering) .
comment should show for both (including comments links like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9 ... 4676750613) and let you replay...
clicking link from the list on the right will play even if first video was not started.
this should work for the old and new design.

please check it out and let me know if you have any issues...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:@YaShum, @lossless

comment should show for both (including comments links like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9 ... 4676750613) and let you replay...
clicking link from the list on the right will play even if first video was not started.

Do you have an equivalent for AS yochaim?

***** Just downloaded AS 1.1.9.1. Is this comparable to v2.4.9 of FS.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i try to keep the (last) numbers matching so fs 1.4.9b1 = e10s 2.4.9 = aps 1.1.9(.1)
but there is actually a difference between firefox & chrome in handling youtube (can't make the comments in background tabs show in chrome if the video is fully stopped), so the aps version does have the control band and it does buffer (slowly).
if you're bothered by this let me know...
YaShum2

Post by YaShum2 »

yochaim wrote:@YaShum, @lossless

1) Thank you, now the video is not buffered =)
2) Video management is hidden (did not understand what the tabs are "fore / background").
3) Alas, my comments are not displayed, but it's not your fault, this stupid monopoly Yutub dictates its rules. And to hell with this Youtube, I switched to a cherry player (but on Youtube I go to see the recommendations and send a comment if the game is buggy cherry).
4) Yes, if you open a video from the list on the right with the left mouse button, it automatically starts (and it's bad), but I found a way, I open them only with the mouse wheel.
5) And what, you can return the old design?

Sorry that did not answer, my account was destroyed by the stupid settings of this site (incorrectly entered the mailbox), and the new account did not want to create, since the stupid site requires ".com" mailboxes. Created a mailbox and registered only for the sake of what would answer you)))
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

YaShum,

2) -> foreground & background tabs (v1.4.7 only stopped foreground tabs after the youtube change...)
3) -> comments are the issue. if you don't see the comments (after scrolling down it takes a while) in background or foreground tabs, please let me know...
5) -> from the 3 dot menu last option 'restore old youtube'... (but that will probably be gone soon)
YaShum2

Post by YaShum2 »

In 99.999% of cases, comments are not uploaded until I click the start video.
(but do not worry, I hate YouTube for the rest of my life, new bugs do not surprise me).
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i know it doesn't bother you but i can't have youtube not showing comments for all fs users...
if comments are not showing even when you scroll down, it would be very helpful if you run this test:
edit the script (extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu=true, fs-toolbarbutton menu > edit script...)
change the value in this line in the youtube handler

Code: Select all

window.setTimeout(() => stopPlayer(aElement.wrappedJSObject), 1500);
from 1500 to 2500 (also try higher values 3500, 5000 if it doesn't work for 2500)
click apply
test foreground and background tabs... (if you're using ff55 you'll have to restart)
YaShum2

Post by YaShum2 »

1) extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu = true did
2) fs-toolbarbutton wtf? :(
3) menu > edit script wtf? :?
4) window.setTimeout(() => stopPlayer(aElement.wrappedJSObject), 1500); WTF :shock:
5) from 1500 to 2500 (also try higher values 3500, 5000 if it doesn't work for 2500) :er:

I do not understand what you are writing! Do you remember that I do not understand English and not a programmer? I honestly tried to translate by different translators, search in the search engine for scripts and methods for changing them, but there is nothing there. I'm not lazy, I just do not understand!

p.s. version Firefox 50.0.2
I'm not trying to update browsers, I have an old computer and I do not need the bells and whistles (the more new browsers lag harder and harder).
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

my bad,

click the flashstopper toolbarbutton to open menu, then click edit script...
the script editor should open!
find the line from the post (you can use ctrl+f) and change the value as mentioned in the post.
click apply
test foreground and background tabs...

thanks
xlizardhead

Post by xlizardhead »

ARE YOU UPDATING PLUGIN to FIREFOX QUANTUM?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/c ... ktop/#beta