[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by yochaim »

hi,

they don't start for me in any FF version (current nightly with & without e10s enabled) with no PB ...
they are the simplest video tags with autoplay attribute so they shouldn't cause any problem.
try checking that this setup stops for you https://jsfiddle.net/eo07bpzm/show/
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

I had PB for cnn. When I got rid of it the videos didn't autoplay anymore. I must have had autoplay set for some reason.

Another thing which maybe is beyond flashstopper. I think cnn and/or msn on some pages has a video on top. When you scroll down to read the article the video moves to the bottom right. Anyway to stop that? Example... http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/10/media/s ... index.html
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
YaShum

Post by YaShum »

yochaim wrote:@ YaShum,

very strange this is. adding autostart=false to the flashvars of these players causes them to autoplay!
to solve this please do this:
in about:config change 'extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu' to true
open the button menu and click edit script
in the editor script section find the line which starts with 'flashvars += "&autoplay=false&autostart=false&autoPlay=0&autoStart=0' (no quotes)
change it to

Code: Select all

flashvars += "&autoplay=false&autoPlay=0&autoStart=0
Unfortunately the string 'extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu' does not change its value, and what is the reason, I can not understand. (I know how to change the settings about: config)
And how to change the script, I have no idea.
It would be easier and more convenient if you add a plug-in "white list", I would add to it only YouTube and other sites would be shut off automatically. (After all, add 1 site in the "white list" is easier than to add 1 000 sites in the "black list")
In general, it would be nice if you did it by default in their plugin (disabled all sites except YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and all the others for which you created the plug-in).
Thank you for your efforts))
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

@streetwolf
you probably had PB so you'll get thumbnails instead of the black box...
as for the aggravating video following you around - its a style issue that needs to be overridden for the offending elements in the site. this is much to specific for FS...

@YaShum
i think you you're a bit unappreciative of the amount of videos that are trying to play without you wanting them to (mainly to increase ad exposure...)
FS is intended for people who think sites shouldn't autoplay by default (or at least let you opt for not autoplaying)
i'm pretty sure after a short while your blacklist will be much longer then your whitelist is right now...
and this is without mentioning background tabs!
anyways i've uploaded new version to the beta channel that fixes your issue. you can downloaded it from here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... latest.xpi
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Yochaim, you rock dude :)

You finally managed to make me lose years of proactive growing personal list..

because "naturally", at many updates, i often lose the proactive list that disappears
from the addons interface..

so have i lost it forever this time ? or is it somewhere encrypted ?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

as mentioned before (see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14345825) FS uses the builtin permission mechanism (which holds permissions for cookies, flash etc...). since FS doesn't clear the list on uninstall you shouldn't lose it unless you removed your profile or checked "Site Preferences" when clearing history...
the data is stored in a file called permissions.sqlite which is located in your profile folder so if you have a backup of this file you can restore it and get everything back (conversely you can backup this file to make sure you won't lose your list in the future).
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

storing it in permissions.sqlite is far from being the perfect way to keep the list in a right place & never lose it..... . there's a flashstopper folder, using it would could be a better solution

sqlite files in the mozilla user profile folder become huge upon time & need to be purged & deleted..

now i have to go play with an undelete app for an hour or more..
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

delicacy1 wrote:storing it in permissions.sqlite is far from being the perfect way to keep the list in a right place & never lose it..... . there's a flashstopper folder, using it would could be a better solution

sqlite files in the mozilla user profile folder become huge upon time & need to be purged & deleted..

now i have to go play with an undelete app for an hour or more..
IMO you are making much ado about nothing.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

oh
eltomassito

Post by eltomassito »

Hi. Is it possible to implement exclusions for FlashStopper? There's problem on facebook page because when FlashStopper works then audio notifications doesn't work any more.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Yochaim, Please find me a way to block this creep: xhamster.com even with a handler fix, regardless of the videoplayer option to block it.
as i told you, that option is based on cookies, i can't ignore specific cookies while cleaning my browser,
so i often lose the setting if i's based on the player.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

http://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/vide ... vi-AAmThgX

msn added back to proactive..

issue: the play button appears but.. when i click on it, the video can't be retrieved & played because the button disappears but returns before the video starts..
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

@eltomassito

you can 'exclude' sites via the flashstopper toolbar button > allow autoplay for ... when your in the site or manage site permissions. you can also access the permission list via add-on preferences > websites preferences exceptions.

@delicacy

yup. the franceinfo player is flash and won't stop. did a quick lookaround in their site and found no way to stop the flash.
what you can do (as a general solution which works for PM too) is force the site to html5 by using flashhider (setting flash to block on the site). FS should always stop html5...
strangely this works on msn with the franceinfo player but not on their site (http://www.francetvinfo.fr) where they require flash.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

so you're telling me you don't have a handler solution for franceinfo ?
& have u looked at xhamster ?
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim..

are you going to put out an e10s version of the latest beta? The problem with using the e10s is that when you have a higher version of the regular FS I get prompted to install the newer non-e10s version. I usually change the version in the e10s install.rdf file to the latest non-e10s version so I won't get a message to update.