[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
streetwolf

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:appreciate your resilience...
i can't replicate the issue so i have to rely on your testing (if you're up to it) to try and get to the bottom of this, but it has to be methodical...
are the videos autoplaying on pages that you open in the background and then switch to or also when you open in the foreground and keep on the page?
can you check it on chrome (ublock & AS only)?
is your flash plugin disabled?
I can answer some of you questions now:

1. I only tried playing videos in the foreground. I'm not one of those people who keep many tabs open.
2. Flash is set to the default in Nightly which is 'Never activate'. In AS Flash is set to allow detection.

Remember this video? http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/23/politics/ ... index.html Yesterday it was not autoplaying after I played it once. This morning I played it again and it autoplayed. Now when I play it it doesn't autoplay. I suspect it will autoplay perhaps when I restart Windows or my machine. It's almost like something is being reset to make it autoplay.

Am I assuming correctly you are using Fx Nightly 64 bit as I am? Also are you using uBO 1.13.4? If you want I can send you the backup file of my uBO settings and the filter lists I use so we are more apples to apples as far as uBO goes.

I used the Foxified add-on to convert AS from Chrome to Fx. Maybe the conversion was not done properly.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i use the 32b nightly + ublock 1.3.4 (+default updated filters)
don't think the conversion is the problem, but WE is wip while it is stable on chrome (that's why i suggested the chrome test...)
to recap the current info:
without ubloc cnn stops (is that correct?)
pages autoplay only the first time (then again after a while)

try enabling the flash plugin for all sites
try clearing all history (including cache & cookies) before refresh (ctrl+f5) to see if it will autoplay the second time...

p.s
last nightly broke AS completely for me...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:i use the 32b nightly + ublock 1.3.4 (+default updated filters)
don't think the conversion is the problem, but WE is wip while it is stable on chrome (that's why i suggested the chrome test...)
to recap the current info:
without ubloc cnn stops (is that correct?)
pages autoplay only the first time (then again after a while)

try enabling the flash plugin for all sites
try clearing all history (including cache & cookies) before refresh (ctrl+f5) to see if it will autoplay the second time...

p.s
last nightly broke AS completely for me...
It appears that without uBO cnn videos don't play. Keep in mind that not all cnn videos autoplay for me. The ones that do, stop auto playing once I run them the first time. In fact this might also 'fix' other videos that autoplay.

Since most videos don't autoplay and the ones that do get 'fixed' the second time around I'm going to put this problem on the back burner for now. As you stated it could be because WE is a WIP. One solution is not to go to cnn.com :wink:

I already tried enabling Flash for all sites. CNN uses HTML5 as far as I can tell.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
villeneuve

Post by villeneuve »

Hello,
I just registered with a lot of trouble because multiple of my e-mail-adresses were rejected by this forum. Really awful!

However I'm the guy who posted the following bugreport on https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... ws/889465/ :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently started to crash Firefox when opening very big TabMixPlus-sessions Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternen
von armorgeddon am June 30, 2017 · Permanentlink
This plugin generally is awesome. I had zero problems with it up until now.
Now, running FF 54.0.1 (32-bit) with e10s automatically disabled due to addons, FlashStoppern version 2.4.5 on Windows 7 x64 Professional it crashes Firefox when I try to open a very big session saved by TabMixPlus. The session is 4 windows, 239 tabs including a lot of YouTube tabs. Opening smaller sessions also including 25+ YouTube tabs works flawlessly. I had openend very big sessions like the one that makes trouble now without problems before, so the recent updates to Firefox and/or FlashStopper must be the culprit. I would really like to help to solve the problem by sending a bug report or test stuff, but I don't know how/where to contact the developer. Please tell me! I'm also registered on Mozilla's bugzilla BTW. Thanks very much for this addon and for hopefully coming back to me to start investigating the problem.
*EDIT* I investigated more: It all works flawlessly with up to 102 tabs. When loading a session with 103 tabs all tabs are correctly loading except the active tab, which stays empty and just shows "connecting" in the tab-title. When loading a session with 104 tabs all tabs are empty. Loading a session with 200 tabs it's the same. Opening session with 242 tabs crashes Firefox! I did not try to find out the threshold on which the behaviour changes from loading all tabs empty to crashing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yochaim sent me here and in addition wrote:
please try with flashstopper disabled...
also try with e10s disabled and let me know the results...

Thanks for your reply yochaim!
As I wrote before I have e10s disabled already. Firefox did that automatically due to some addon(s) I've installed.
With FlashStopper disabled my Firefox runs absolutely trouble free, so the bug described above does only occur when I have FlashStopper enabled.
I'm waiting for instructions.
Jack Black

Same here; BTW, why did you remove the French locale? ;-)

Post by Jack Black »

I seem to have the same conflict as Tarik, IHaTeD2, armorgeddon/villeneuve and ehoser.
When restoring between 100 and 200 tabs using the Session Manager add-on, the new version of FlashStopper causes too much recursion in resource://gre/modules/Timer.jsm for many add-ons. For the record, e10s is disabled.

Example with the Classic Theme Restorer add-on (excerpt from the error console):

Code: Select all

ctrGetId chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/overlay.js:3024:2
toggleNavBarSwitch chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/overlay.js:3918:3
loadURI resource://flashstopper/modules-cui/utils.jsm:73:13
initFromFiles chrome://flashstopper/content/content.js:153:30
setTimeout_timer resource://gre/modules/Timer.jsm:30:5
^-- the last 3 lines repeat endlessly
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

thanks
i'm looking into it...
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

uploaded test dev version to AMO to fix the 100+ tabs issue.
you can get it from here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... latest.xpi
please check it out and let me know if it works for you...
Jack Black

No French kiss anymore? ^__~

Post by Jack Black »

I confirm this is fixed on my side.
Thanks. :)
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim..

Any chance you can place AS on the Mozilla Add-ons Page so that other users can test it out? It would be easier than having to go through the extra steps to get it from the Chrome Web Store.
ehoser

Post by ehoser »

OK, I tried a new profile and it still doesn't work. In order to load 274 tabs I used Tab Mix Plus and copied sessions.rdf and places.sqlite from a good profile. When it dowsn't work I can copy those files again and load the tabs again (with FS disabled). I have 5 files with the console output, I will try to put them in code blocks here. I am on Linux Mint 18.1, FF 54.0, e10s disabled (autostart.2=false). Here is a description of each one (the text between <<<<<>>>>> are my comments):

fflog.after.changing.TMPsettings
- Just installed Tab Mix Plus and changed settings, then exit FF.

firefox -P
1499007256389	addons.update-checker	WARN	Update manifest for e10srollout@mozilla.org did not contain an updates property
1499007256518	addons.update-checker	WARN	Update manifest for firefox@getpocket.com did not contain an updates property
1499007256627	addons.update-checker	WARN	Update manifest for webcompat@mozilla.org did not contain an updates property
1499007256705	addons.update-checker	WARN	Update manifest for aushelper@mozilla.org did not contain an updates property
1499007256822	addons.update-checker	WARN	Update manifest for {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} did not contain an updates property
1499007257407	addons.xpi	WARN	Add-on firefox-hotfix@mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.
1499007257762	addons.xpi	WARN	Add-on firefox-hotfix@mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

<<<<<after changing TMP settings>>>>>

1499007312871	addons.xpi	WARN	Exception running bootstrap method shutdown on shield-recipe-client@mozilla.org: TypeError: log is null (resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/gregs/.mozilla/firefox/n8u3p7ll.fs/features/%7B51424e31-2417-4046-ac1a-e662ce23262e%7D/shield-recipe-client@mozilla.org.xpi!/bootstrap.js:96:5) JS Stack trace: this.shutdown@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/gregs/.mozilla/firefox/n8u3p7ll.fs/features/%7B51424e31-2417-4046-ac1a-e662ce23262e%7D/shield-recipe-client@bootstrap.js:96:5 < callBootstrapMethod@XPIProvider.jsm:4982:11 < observe@XPIProvider.jsm:2917:15

fflog.loadingTMPtabs
- Copied sessions.rdf (TMP session file) and places.sqlite from a good profile.
- Started FF after above then loaded TMP tabs. Tabs loaded OK.

firefox -P
A coding exception was thrown and uncaught in a Task.

Full message: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Full stack: loadFile@resource://gre/modules/services-common/blocklist-clients.js:119:30
TaskImpl_run@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:319:42
TaskImpl@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:277:3
asyncFunction@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:252:14
Task_spawn@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:166:12
loadDumpFile@resource://gre/modules/services-common/blocklist-clients.js:118:12
syncCollection@resource://gre/modules/services-common/blocklist-clients.js:212:39
TaskImpl_run@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:319:42

fflog.addedFS.didntsavetabs.FFdied
- Just installed Flash Stopper, exited FF without savinf tabs. FF hung, had to hit control-C.

firefox -P
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"SessionStore: flushing all windows","state":{"total":0,"current":0},"filename":"resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm","lineNumber":1576,"stack":["resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:ssi_onQuitApplicationGranted:1576","resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:ssi_observe:727"]}] Barrier: quit-application-granted
fflog.save.after.FSenabled
- Copied sessions.rdf and places.sqlite again, loaded tabs and exited FF.

firefox -P
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"CrashMonitor: Writing notifications to file after receiving profile-before-change","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm","lineNumber":173,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm:init:173","resource://gre/components/nsCrashMonitor.js:observe:24"]}] Barrier: OS.File: Waiting for clients before profileBeforeChange
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] Barrier: AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down.
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"OS.File: flush I/O queued before profileBeforeChange","state":{"launched":true,"shutdown":false,"worker":true,"pendingReset":false,"latestSent":["Sun Jul 02 2017 08:35:46 GMT-0700 (PDT)","writeAtomic"],"latestReceived":null,"messagesSent":80,"messagesReceived":79,"messagesQueued":87,"DEBUG":false,"clients":[{"name":"CrashMonitor: Writing notifications to file after receiving profile-before-change","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm","lineNumber":173,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm:init:173","resource://gre/components/nsCrashMonitor.js:observe:24"]}]},"filename":"resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm","lineNumber":1511,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm:setupShutdown:1511","resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm:null:1531","resource://gre/modules/osfile.jsm:null:11","resource://services-common/utils.js:null:12","resource://services-sync/util.js:null:12","resource://gre/components/Weave.js:null:13"]},{"name":"AddonManager: shutting down.","state":[{"name":"AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down.","state":[{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}]},{"name":"AddonRepository: async shutdown","state":"pending"}],"filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":933,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:933","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] Barrier: profile-before-change
console.error: 
  Stack:
    write@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionFile.jsm:315:29
write@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionFile.jsm:76:12
_writeState@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:265:12
_saveState@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:236:12
_saveStateAsync@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:249:5
runDelayed/this._timeoutID<@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:147:40
setTimeout_timer@resource://gre/modules/Timer.jsm:30:5
observe@resource://gre/modules/AsyncShutdown.jsm:550:9

FATAL ERROR: AsyncShutdown timeout in AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down. Conditions: [{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] At least one completion condition failed to complete within a reasonable amount of time. Causing a crash to ensure that we do not leave the user with an unresponsive process draining resources.
[5037] ###!!! ABORT: file resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm, line 783
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 5133
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...
fflog.after.disablingFS
- Disabled FS and exited FF.

firefox -P
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"CrashMonitor: Writing notifications to file after receiving profile-before-change","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm","lineNumber":173,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm:init:173","resource://gre/components/nsCrashMonitor.js:observe:24"]}] Barrier: OS.File: Waiting for clients before profileBeforeChange
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] Barrier: AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down.
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"OS.File: flush I/O queued before profileBeforeChange","state":{"launched":true,"shutdown":false,"worker":true,"pendingReset":false,"latestSent":["Sun Jul 02 2017 08:35:46 GMT-0700 (PDT)","writeAtomic"],"latestReceived":null,"messagesSent":80,"messagesReceived":79,"messagesQueued":87,"DEBUG":false,"clients":[{"name":"CrashMonitor: Writing notifications to file after receiving profile-before-change","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm","lineNumber":173,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/CrashMonitor.jsm:init:173","resource://gre/components/nsCrashMonitor.js:observe:24"]}]},"filename":"resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm","lineNumber":1511,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm:setupShutdown:1511","resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_async_front.jsm:null:1531","resource://gre/modules/osfile.jsm:null:11","resource://services-common/utils.js:null:12","resource://services-sync/util.js:null:12","resource://gre/components/Weave.js:null:13"]},{"name":"AddonManager: shutting down.","state":[{"name":"AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down.","state":[{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}]},{"name":"AddonRepository: async shutdown","state":"pending"}],"filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":933,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:933","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] Barrier: profile-before-change
console.error: 
  Stack:
    write@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionFile.jsm:315:29
write@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionFile.jsm:76:12
_writeState@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:265:12
_saveState@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:236:12
_saveStateAsync@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:249:5
runDelayed/this._timeoutID<@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionSaver.jsm:147:40
setTimeout_timer@resource://gre/modules/Timer.jsm:30:5
observe@resource://gre/modules/AsyncShutdown.jsm:550:9

FATAL ERROR: AsyncShutdown timeout in AddonManager: Waiting for providers to shut down. Conditions: [{"name":"XPIProvider","state":"(none)","filename":"resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm","lineNumber":783,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:_startProvider:783","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:941","resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:startup:3145","resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:observe:65"]}] At least one completion condition failed to complete within a reasonable amount of time. Causing a crash to ensure that we do not leave the user with an unresponsive process draining resources.
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 5133
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

i don't see any reason to create a chrome extension for Fx (although i'm not spiteful enough to make it incompatible)
if you want me to upload it to http://www.byo.co.il/Download/newversions.zip it should be fairly easy for you to use (since nightly doesn't force signing)
p.s
i've already uploaded AS v0.98 which improves youtube handling, so you can try installing it...
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:hi streetwolf,

i don't see any reason to create a chrome extension for Fx (although i'm not spiteful enough to make it incompatible)
if you want me to upload it to http://www.byo.co.il/Download/newversions.zip it should be fairly easy for you to use (since nightly doesn't force signing)
p.s
i've already uploaded AS v0.98 which improves youtube handling, so you can try installing it...
Uploading the latest AS versions to newversions.zip would be great, thanks.

I'm still playing around with AS and cnn.com. I just can't seem to figure out what uBO filter, if any, is causing the problem. I decided to go back to FS and that of course works just fine on cnn.com. I'm hoping that the reason AS has problem on cnn.com is because WE is not complete on Fx. I'll be switching to AS periodically to see if any patches to Nightly make it work as it should. It seems to me that auto playing at any web site should be an opt in feature except for those links that are strictly a video with no text to read. I guess YouTube fits this category. 99% of the time I just want to read the text at a news site for example, not view a video unless I click on it.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

i still can't replicate it on nightly (amazingly on current nightly the unpacked version of AS doesn't run because of permission issues while it works fine when installing the packed xpi or on current Fx...)
did you noticed a change on youtube with v0.98. it should show the thumbnail on most occasions (which it didn't for background tabs)
my take is that site shouldn't play video unless you clicked a play icon. that means that video sites like youtube shouldn't play the first video... i do accept sites that autoplay by default (trying to push video ads) as long as they let you set a preference to not autoplay(like espn)!
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

uploaded new test dev version (2.4.6b2) to AMO to fix the 100+ tabs & TMP issue.
you can get it from here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... 6b2-fx.xpi

@ehoser, @Jack Black
please check it out...
ehoser

Post by ehoser »

Works for me. I have loaded and exited FF and TMP 3 times now with 272 tabs with no problems.