[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
okonek

Re: [EXT] DblClicker & KillSpinners & Add-on Toolbarbutton

Post by okonek »

Hi yochai,

firefox was restarted.
"autoStartOnView=false"
Video is autoplaying.
In my opinion problem is with click. When you click on link video is playing, when is opening in new tab is paused.
Ps.
http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/igrzyska ... ,1047.html
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi okonek,

found an issue with the blocking when coming from a different domain.
the same link (ex. the one above) will autoplay if loaded into tab with page from different domain, but will not autoplay if already in przegladsportowy.pl (just paste the link into the addressbar or make a bookmark and click while being in the different domains)

let me know if this is the same for you...

p.s
uploaded fixed version, http://www.byo.co.il/download/newversions.zip

thanks
yochai
okonek

Post by okonek »

Hi yochai,

Yes, yes, yes. That's it.

thanks again and again
okonek
sumguy

Post by sumguy »

Hi Yochai,

I've had a problem with certain javascript drop-down website elements not working for the past months, that I finally tracked down to DblClicker. For example, on a site I use that has phpBB, there's a "quick reply" button that drops down a mini message editor. With DblClicker installed, the editor won't stay dropped down, but immediatley pops closed again. I noticed there's also a review from someone else on the addon home page, mentioning the same problem.

Maybe you have some time to look into it? Thanks...
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi sumguy,

Sure thing, but i need example site so i can reproduce the effect.
(i did do tests in the past on sites like http://www.imdb.com/search/ where you get dynamic drop-down menu...)

yochai
sumguy

Post by sumguy »

It's something like the following. In doing this, I realized I can double-click on the javascript link to show/hide the element, when DblClicker is enabled.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
<p><a href="javascript:;" onmousedown="toggleDiv('hidden');">Click Me</a>
</p>

<p id="hidden" style="display: none">Hello World!</p>

<script type="text/javascript">
function toggleDiv(hidden){
   if(document.getElementById(hidden).style.display == 'none'){
      document.getElementById(hidden).style.display = 'inline';
   } else {
      document.getElementById(hidden).style.display = 'none';
   }
}
</script>
</body>
</html>
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi sumguy,

thanks for the sample. in this case the problem occur because on javascript links dblclicker emulates click by sending mousedown+mouseup events, which creates double mousedown... (if you change the event to onclick you'll get correct response)
currently handling javascript links is not very useful since ctrl+clicking doesn't work correctly but hopefully firefox will fix this (it works in chrome) and then double-clicking will work too...
i'll look into other solutions meanwhile you can use alt+click to bypass dblclicker handling.

it would be helpful if you could add links to sites where this happens!

thanks
yochai
sumguy

Post by sumguy »

Thanks for the reply. Not quite sure that I follow what you said though. I'm not trying to double-click on the link. What is control-click supposed to do? I'm on a Mac where that calls up the context menu, so I'm not sure what that corresponds to.

I've only noticed it as a problem on one site I use, it's a private forum so I can't post a link. I adapted the code above just by looking at the page source, but I don't have access to change it to "onclick" on the site itself. It's from a "quick reply" addon/mod to phpbb, but I'm not sure which one exactly. Anyway using alt-click, which I guess is either option-click or command-click on the Mac - both seem to work - is good enough for me, thanks.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

a bit more technical (but not really important) explanation:
dblclicker works by delaying click event for 250 ms waiting for another click, if it comes a ctrl+click (command+click on mac) is emulated on the element otherwise a click is emulated (to account for the canceled original click). on javascript links the emulation is done by sending mousedown, mouseup in succession because just using click event doesn't work as a normal click for some strange reason.... so for one javascript link click you get 2 mousedowns.

anyways command+click (as ctrl+click on windows) should open link in new tab (what dblclicker emulate when you double-click), which it does when i do it on the "Click Me" in your sample (you can see the problem FF has with opening javascript links that way...).
using option-click (equivalent to alt-click on windows) just makes dblclicker let the original click do its thing...

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

RE: FlashStopper 1.0

yochaym: Any chance you could allow the exception list to contain things like 'www.cnn.com/video/*' ? A site like cnn has videos that I want to play automatically and some that I don't.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi streetwolf,

flashstopper uses PermissionManager which is a generic mechanism for domain permissions in firefox (the same as popup-blocker and cookies exceptions in ff options). sadly this works only for domains or sub-domains (like us.cnn.com vs cnn.com but not http://www.cnn.com/video) so it seems there no simple solution for what you want by the using exceptions...

still there are other configurations that can be used, but i need to know what exactly are you trying to achieve...

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaym wrote:Hi streetwolf,

flashstopper uses PermissionManager which is a generic mechanism for domain permissions in firefox (the same as popup-blocker and cookies exceptions in ff options). sadly this works only for domains or sub-domains (like us.cnn.com vs cnn.com but not http://www.cnn.com/video) so it seems there no simple solution for what you want by the using exceptions...

still there are other configurations that can be used, but i need to know what exactly are you trying to achieve...

yochai

Let's take cnn.com as an example. If you click on a link that has the video icon it will immediately play the video, eg.( http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... ?hpt=hp_t2). There is no article to read only the video so playing the video automatically is what should happen. However, there are other videos that do have articles along with the video that plays automatically. In this case I just want to read the article without the video playing automatically. If I want to play the video I'll click on the play arrow, eg. (http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/07/us/florid ... ?hpt=hp_t2).

If I don't add cnn.com to the exceptions list as allow the video in the first example won't play and it is missing other stuff. If I add cnn.com to the exceptions list as allow this video plays fine but so does the 2nd video which I don't want to play automatically. Blocking cnn.com behaves just as if I didn't add it to the exceptions list at all.

The first type of video always seems to be of the type cnn.com/video which is why I asked whether you could allow this in the exceptions list. If It did I could allow this to automatically play the video while the other type of videos will not play.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi streetwolf,

well, first if you are opening few cnn.com/video links letting them autoplay will be messy (btw the play button is half covered but still works)...
the second type links you attached did not autoplay for me. i checked it out and found it is forward to http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/07/us/fl ... ?hpt=hp_t2 while http://us.cnn.com/2014/05/07/us/florida ... ?hpt=hp_t2 will autoplay. it seems that using the edition.cnn.com (with allow in flashstopper) should behave exactly as you want.

if this doesn't help you let me know. there is a more complex solution that can emulate exactly this behavior anywhere on the cnn site.

yochai
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

I almost got things to work the way I want by adding http://www.cnn.com as allow and us.cnn.com as block. Unfortunately a video like this one http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/showbiz/t ... ?hpt=hp_t2 plays automatically because I allow cnn.com.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

ok, you can try this (the complicated solution)

open about:config and change these params:
extensions.flashstopper.scripteditmenu = true ( add script editor menu item)
extensions.flashstopper.overwritedata = false ( script changes will not be overwritten on add-on update)

in the flashstopper menu you'll get new item [script editor...] open the editor
in the lower pane (labeled script) find the line with "// general"
above it paste this code:

Code: Select all

// bypass cnn video
    handlers.add(function handleCnnVideo(aElement){
        if (aElement.ownerDocument.URL.search(/cnn.com\/video/) != -1)
            return true;
    });

click Apply then close the editor
remove all the blocks for cnn.com

let me know if it works...

yochai