Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Somebody

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Post by Somebody »

None of the original image names contains the string "default" in my test case.

But since the thumbnail cache folder is a subfolder of my profile, which has the automatically created name "8r4txlw6.default", the file path of any cached image and the copies created by Thunderbird, when the images get assigned to the contacts contain the string "default".

In my working profile, the original files are located in a subfolder of my profile, so any image file path contains the string "default" here.

But since these profile names are automatically created by Thunderbird, this should be a rather common problem.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Somebody wrote:None of the original image names contains the string "default" in my test case.

But since the thumbnail cache folder is a subfolder of my profile, which has the automatically created name "8r4txlw6.default", the file path of any cached image and the copies created by Thunderbird, when the images get assigned to the contacts contain the string "default".

In my working profile, the original files are located in a subfolder of my profile, so any image file path contains the string "default" here.

But since these profile names are automatically created by Thunderbird, this should be a rather common problem.

OK... This statement from you is a very good "Anhaltspunkt" ;-)

My profiles have never the word "deafult" on them and I guess none "von uns" use profiles with "default" also.

Let's try these builds:
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/silver ... _r3450.xpi
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/charam ... _r3450.xpi

ChangeLog:
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/ChangeLog_Trunk.xhtml
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Thank you ShareBird,
with release 3450, all is working fine. It's really great :) Thank you again for supporting the Display Contact Photo extension!

I never had the idea to rename my default profile folder. The profile on my production machine was originally created by Thunderbird 1 and migrated on any new version. But since Thunderbird 3 also used a "<Letters & Numbers>.default" name for the new default profile on the virtual machine, I would guess, that there are plenty users out there having such a profile name.
Bad luck, that you havn't
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hello ShareBird

I try to download the latest Version of Charamel 3.4.5.0 but the File are not on
the Server. Why?
Silvermel 3.4.5.0 works well for me on my system.
Thanks for your fantastic Themes.
Endor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Hi Somebody. thank you very much for helping to figure this out!

About the profiles, I never used the profiles that are created by Firefox or Thunderbird, because I use another partition to store all my data. In addition, I use more than 30 profiles for Thunderbird and Firefox for developing my addons, so I have to use more meaningful names for them. At our German forum, I guess most of us also use several profiles, for testing new extensions and so on, so, such a problem would probably not be figured out by us... Thank you again!
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

You're welcome. I had never the need of more than one profile. If you're just using one profile, the name never appears, so it doesn't matter for me at all.
pramach

Post by pramach »

Hi

just a few days ago I noticed silvermel theme.
I like it really. smooth and charmfull.

But (unfortunately there is one "but"):
I regularly download files with long names.
And so I had to notice that the download box is too small.
Both, during download and specially after download.

What to do (except using default theme :D ) in order to get the download box bigger ?

Thx
Wolfgang
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Hi pramach,

maybe this code in your userChrome.css or Stylish:

Code: Select all

#downloadManager > #downloadView > richlistitem[type="download"] {
  width: 376px !important;
  background-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/shared/block-wide.png") !important;
}
Fix72

Post by Fix72 »

I installed the new version (1.3.3) both on Thunderbird and Firefox but I saw a little issue on Thunderbird: on the left folder-pane, there is no more space between the icons and the folder-name. If you need I can send you screenshots (probably it would be more clear).

Also, my Thunderbird version is localized in Italian and when I open the "Options" window and I go to the "Advanced" section then the size of the window is too small and its content is truncated in some little parts/points.

Thank you so much for this theme and its new version!
I really think that this is the nicest theme for both Thunderbird and Firefox.
=D>

Thanks you so much !
Fix72
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Hi, it's me again, but this time it's just a minor issue about missing icons.

It's somehow related to the Compact Header Toolbar Extension (using version 1.1.7 here).
I'm using the "Reply drop down" button in the small mail header toolbar.
Depending on the recipients of a mail, the default action is "Reply to sender", "Reply to all" or "Reply to list".
While the "Reply to sender" icon is shown as expected, I get no icon, in case the default action is "Reply to all" or "Reply to list".

Both, switching to the default theme and disabling the Compact Header Toolbar extension lead to a working drop down button, showing all icons properly.

Thank you in advance :)
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Ciao Fix72!
Thank you for coming to the Forum and welcome!
Yes. I've noticed this problem. It was a regression from other fix. Sometimes this happens, you fix something at a part, and other one, that has nothing to do with this, get broke...

The issue from Options window at other languages than English is an old known issue... It's very difficult to handle with, because the sizes from this window is not calculated according to the content, but it is more or less fixed (translators normally adjust the size according to each language, so the Italian size from this window is different from the English size and so on). Until now I've needed to know the title from this window to adjust the size...
In this next version from Silvermel/Charamel I will handle this size in the extension that is installed together with Silvermel, so I hope I'm able to fix this at all localizations.

@Somebody:
thank you for reporting! Also I bit difficult to fix, since I myself don't use Thunderbird... Anyway, I guess it is fixed now:

http://www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/silver ... _r3480.xpi
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/charam ... _r3480.xpi

ChangeLog:
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/ChangeLog_Trunk.xhtml
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Thank you again, ShareBird, now it works fine, all reply icons are shown!

And thanks for still supporting Thunderbird, even if you don't use it. I think it would be pretty hard to find another theme as replacement, after having used such a great one like Silvermel :)
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Thank you Somebody! ;-)
duli

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for FF and TB - a request

Post by duli »

Hi Sharebird!

Along with many other Mozilla users, I use Charamel and Silvermel exclusively for my Firefox and Thunderbird themes on all my computers. Thanks for bringing these back to life! =D>

I have a couple suggestions for TB, which you may already have considered:

Is it possible, when focus moves from folder to message to preview panes to have the current folder and message remain highlighted blue when the mouse is focused on the preview pane? This is critical for me as the three panes are used together. I think the blue highlight disappears from the message pane when I right click in the preview pane. If i look closely, i think you do have a persistent highlight in the message pane as a light gray which can't be seen in Silvermel and is barely visible in Charamel. Its a darker gray in the folder pane.

Secondly, again if possible, could a hover state be implemented for messages and folders in TB? Two other themes that i have used in the past (Walnut2 and Noia Extreme) do this effectively giving immediate visual feedback as to the mouse location.

Thanks!
thomi_ch

Post by thomi_ch »

Hi ShareBird

It's a great theme, i like it and it's nice on my Linux Machine :)

I still have v1.3.3 from mozilla addons page..

I found two problems (sorry posted it also as review :) just delete it...):
1. The "expand" Button between message list and message preview doesn't work, so i can't see all the recipients of an email. How to reproduce: Mark any message and click on the "expand" button.
Screenshot not expanded: http://imagebin.ca/view/7QfL6S.html
Screenshot expanded: http://imagebin.ca/view/IfWLQu.html

2. Result view all messages
The result view is very compact, not the whole width of the tb window will be used, see screenshot:
http://imagebin.ca/view/hcO-pPt.html

If this is fixed in the latest dev version, so happy :) then i will install the latest dev version.

Thanks for fixing
thomi