Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Wronschien

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Post by Wronschien »

Hello, I have a problem with TMP 0.3.8.2 too…

When I move a tab, the style of unread tabs returns almost to normal (the custom color remains but not the italic style I want)
and that's the same for the first tab when firefox opens with a number of tabs and the first one is not the selected one.

This only occured after I updated silvermel/charamel (btw thanks a lot for the return of this great theme !) and then updated TMP, version 0.3.8.1 was no problem.

Hope I could make myself clear !
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
Wronschien

Post by Wronschien »

Great it's working as usual now !
Thank you
Marshal DS

Post by Marshal DS »

There is a minor graphical incompatibility on Silvermel with TooManyTabs. The default Firefox blank icon shows on top of the icon for tabs on TooManyTabs Toolbar.

ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately it's not a minor incompatibility but it seems Silvermel is fully incompatible with this extension... The tabs don't appear at all.

I did investigate the extension, unfortunately there is nothing I can do at my end.

P.S. - I was able to fix it, but the extension Silvermel and Charamel XT MUST be enabled.

www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/silvermel_bun ... _r3087.xpi
Marshal DS

Post by Marshal DS »

I tried to update to version 1.4 to get TMT to work correctly, but Silvermel couldn't install itself right, in fact it brought up another problem. No matter how many times I restarted Firefox, it kept asking me to restart because Silvermel and XT have not been installed. I have to clicked Cancel button on both Silvermel and XT to make them finish installation, even then, they don't seem to upgrade.

I then tried to uninstall both, but they refused to go away! After several attempts to remove them in vain from within Firefox, I decided to use Windows search function to look for "Silvermel", I then deleted all Silvermel related applications. Even then, some files still refused to be deleted, claiming they were in used even though I have closed Firefox.

Now, this sounds very suspicious...
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Marshal DS wrote:I tried to update to version 1.4 to get TMT to work correctly, but Silvermel couldn't install itself right, in fact it brought up another problem. No matter how many times I restarted Firefox, it kept asking me to restart because Silvermel and XT have not been installed. I have to clicked Cancel button on both Silvermel and XT to make them finish installation, even then, they don't seem to upgrade.

I then tried to uninstall both, but they refused to go away! After several attempts to remove them in vain from within Firefox, I decided to use Windows search function to look for "Silvermel", I then deleted all Silvermel related applications. Even then, some files still refused to be deleted, claiming they were in used even though I have closed Firefox.

There is absolutely no problems with the file. I'm able to install it in several profiles on my machine. It seems you have a corrupt profile.
Try to do this:
Find your profile folder:
  • Open the Error Console - "Tools" > "Error Console"
  • Copy and Paste this code into the "Code:" textbox:

Code: Select all

var Ci=Components.interfaces;var p=Components.classes['@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1'].getService(Ci.nsIProperties).get('ProfD',Ci.nsIFile).QueryInterface(Ci.nsILocalFile).path;var f=Components.classes['@mozilla.org/file/local;1'].getService(Ci.nsILocalFile);f.initWithPath(p);f.launch();
  • Click on "Evaluate"
The Windows Explorer will open at your "Profile Folder".
Close Firefox and be sure it is not running (look at the Task Manager)
Now go to the "extensions" folder and localize the folders silvermel@pardal.de and silvermelxt@pardal.de. Delete these folders. If you find another folder called "staged-xpi" delete it too.
Now restart Firefox and try to install the file again.
Marshal DS

Post by Marshal DS »

Ah. I apologize for my bluntness, I was able to solve this error using your suggestion. Anyway, I have installed Silvermel 1.4 but I still have the TMT overlapping icons like the image I posted above.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

This kind of problems can (and do) happen... Not a fault from Silvermel or other any extension, but from the Extensions Manager. It has a lot of work to do: it has to rename the extension folder from e.g., XXX to XXX-trash. has to create the folder staged-xpi where it downloads the updated extension, close the browser, replace the whole extension and restart the browser... If an anti-virus, for example, is scanning a file from the extension you have already a problem...

I guess you are having problems with your profile. If I see your screenshot carefully I notice some glitch with the bookmarks label not appearing.
Anyway, I have this on my installation:

I think the best you can do is to create a new profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

I use to do this time to time... Everything runs a lot better with a brand new profile :-)

I made a little modification on the file (just moved some code from the theme to the extension):
http://www.silvermel.net/dev/xpi/silver ... _r3094.xpi

Cheers
Marshal DS

Post by Marshal DS »

It works! The TMT tabs now appear correctly like on the image you've posted. I guess my old profile is not in good shape anymore. Thanks a lot for the assistance! :D
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

You're welcome!
I'm glad to know it's working properly! :-)

Cheers
joeschmidt

Post by joeschmidt »

Hey, I really like this theme but it turns out there is a problem with silvermel and the add-on "Hide Caption Titlebar Plus". Normally, the minimize, maximize and close buttons are visible on the menu bar as seen in the image in default firefox theme. Those buttons were also visible while using the silvermel theme in previous versions of firefox. But now the buttons have disappeared, as you can see from the image below the default firefox theme. Do you know what the problem is? Thanks!

Image here:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d68a2855457911
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Thanks for reporting joeschmidt, I will fix it on the next version.
grbradt

Post by grbradt »

Hello,
Very nice theme (Silvermel)! However, it does not display the dropmaker part of a datepicker element (type=grid), so I can't display the calendar. I am using FF 3.6b4
Thanks.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

grbradt wrote:Hello,
Very nice theme (Silvermel)! However, it does not display the dropmaker part of a datepicker element (type=grid), so I can't display the calendar. I am using FF 3.6b4
Thanks.

Are you meaning datepicker type="grid" or type="popup"? I can see on the last case that the dropmarker is not appearing... Is this your issue?