Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
grbradt

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Post by grbradt »

Hi,
Yes, sorry about that, I meant type="popup"
Thanks
RussellEast

Post by RussellEast »

Hi there is a small visual incompatibility between Silvermel 1.3.0 and CompactHeader 1.0.1 extensions for Thunderbird 3.0 RC1. The button shown in the message header "Show/Hide Details" displayed on the top-left of the header is too large and so part of it is not shown (on the left side). Also, it takes up more space than it really needs to. Is there a way to minimize the size of that button, especially when CompactHeader extension is present? Thanks, I really enjoy your theme.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

RussellEast wrote:Hi there is a small visual incompatibility between Silvermel 1.3.0 and CompactHeader 1.0.1 extensions for Thunderbird 3.0 RC1. The button shown in the message header "Show/Hide Details" displayed on the top-left of the header is too large and so part of it is not shown (on the left side). Also, it takes up more space than it really needs to. Is there a way to minimize the size of that button, especially when CompactHeader extension is present? Thanks, I really enjoy your theme.

From another Forum:
OMG!!! They've changed a lot in the last version... I did have a lot of work making Silvermel play fine with Compact Header 0.8.3 and the new version (0.99.8) messed all up..

As soon as I'm able to manage some time, I'll have a look on it.
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
RussellEast

Post by RussellEast »

Thanks, no rush for me, everything else seems fine
Kudo

Post by Kudo »

Your theme broke the extension CompactHeader 1.0.1 cause it works well with TB 3 RC2 default theme. Can you take a look at it?
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Kudo wrote:Your theme broke the extension CompactHeader 1.0.1 cause it works well with TB 3 RC2 default theme. Can you take a look at it?

Better: CompactHeader 1.0.1 broke my theme... (and cost me a few hours of work)
Kudo

Post by Kudo »

ShareBird wrote:
Kudo wrote:Your theme broke the extension CompactHeader 1.0.1 cause it works well with TB 3 RC2 default theme. Can you take a look at it?

Better: CompactHeader 1.0.1 broke my theme... (and cost me a few hours of work)

Sorry and one million thanks for the update. I realize it was the the extension when I tried other skins as well ;-)

PS. What is the extension that your theme adds?
Pasqui

Post by Pasqui »

Hi,
thanks for this update bringing more compatibility with Thunderbird 3.0RC. For your information I just saw that the updated gloda view lacks the header defining the sorting criteria (date or relevance).

Regards,
Pasqui.
grbradt

Post by grbradt »

Hi,
Thanks for the update, datepicker dropmarkers now showing, also checked 3.6b4 and 3.7a1pre. 5 stars!
Regards
imagr8m8

Post by imagr8m8 »

Love the Theme and want to use it across all my various computers. Sadly, its not fully Netbook compatible. Can you make the Contact Card window a little smaller...it doesn't fit on the native screen resolution of most netbooks (1024x600). You can't see the OK and Cancel buttons without pushing the window header off the top of the screen AND the windows taskbar off the bottom of the screen. Even then, you just barely see the top of the buttons, but at least enough to select one. There seems to be plenty of extra space in the window to compact things vertically a little more. It would be super helpful if this theme would compress things in that window a little so it works on netbooks.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Kudo wrote:PS. What is the extension that your theme adds?

The theme adds the "Silvermel and Charamel XT", that fix two bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101800 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101800. In this version I added through the extension compatibility with "Too Many Tabs" extension.

Pasqui wrote:Hi,
thanks for this update bringing more compatibility with Thunderbird 3.0RC. For your information I just saw that the updated gloda view lacks the header defining the sorting criteria (date or relevance).

Hi Pasqui, thank you for reporting. I will fix it in the next version.

imagr8m8 wrote:Love the Theme and want to use it across all my various computers. Sadly, its not fully Netbook compatible. Can you make the Contact Card window a little smaller...it doesn't fit on the native screen resolution of most netbooks (1024x600). You can't see the OK and Cancel buttons without pushing the window header off the top of the screen AND the windows taskbar off the bottom of the screen. Even then, you just barely see the top of the buttons, but at least enough to select one. There seems to be plenty of extra space in the window to compact things vertically a little more. It would be super helpful if this theme would compress things in that window a little so it works on netbooks.

Yes, the themes have very large windows and the issues with netbooks are known...
How can I get this window you are talking about? (I don't use Thunderbird myself...)
imagr8m8

Post by imagr8m8 »

Thanks for having a look into this. You can open a contact card from within the address book but double clicking on any contact in the list.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

imagr8m8 wrote:Thanks for having a look into this. You can open a contact card from within the address book but double clicking on any contact in the list.

Hmmm... I suppose you are using TB2.0... On TB3.0 this window is smaller...
imagr8m8

Post by imagr8m8 »

Thanks for the input on Contact Card size. Yeah...I use TB3RCs on many of my systems, but was holding out on my netbook where I manage most of my mail and contacts. I stuck with TB2.x because of needed contact sidebar and AdressBookPix add-ons. But I've checking TB3 out on the netbook and contact cards do show much, much better. Thanks for the hint.

Now I just need to get contact pics back into email headers (view pane and compose window) and contact access back into the sidebar.