Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TechnoLurker

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderb

Post by TechnoLurker »

Meant to say two posts up running TB 45.4.0, Currently running the latest Silvermel on TB 45.4.0 and it looks good in on both Win7x64 and Win10x64. No problems here.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

MatteoB wrote:Hello,
any news about Silvermel for TB 45.4.0 ?
Thanks
All silvermel and charamel versions are for both applications: Firefox AND Thunderbird (actually also Pale Moon)...
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
Tialon

Post by Tialon »

Hello ShareBird; I love the beautiful Silvermel and Charamel themes and have enjoyed using them. Are there any plans to make these themes accessible to SeaMonkey, as well?
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Tialon wrote:Hello ShareBird; I love the beautiful Silvermel and Charamel themes and have enjoyed using them. Are there any plans to make these themes accessible to SeaMonkey, as well?
Oh... I would love to make them available for SeaMonkey and actually I did a try a long time ago, but definitively no... I have no time to work on the themes for Firefox and Thunderbird, I'm using every piece of free time to make these developments versions and the last available versions at AMO are for Firefox 36!! I'm really sorry, but I even don't know if I will be able to continue developing for Firefox and Thunderbird. I'm doing my best...
Tialon

Post by Tialon »

Oh... I would love to make them available for SeaMonkey and actually I did a try a long time ago, but definitively no... I have no time to work on the themes for Firefox and Thunderbird, I'm using every piece of free time to make these developments versions and the last available versions at AMO are for Firefox 36!! I'm really sorry, but I even don't know if I will be able to continue developing for Firefox and Thunderbird. I'm doing my best...
It's okay! No need for apologies. :oops: I was just curious. I will continue to enjoy them in Firefox and Pale Moon.

I hope you will get some rest and more free time (really free time, not time spent on working on themes!). Many thanks to you (and to all theme makers) for all that you do! :)
TechnoLurker

Post by TechnoLurker »

We definitely appreciate your hard work. It's the only theme that makes Thunderbird look good.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Thank you very much!
kungfujoe

Post by kungfujoe »

MatteoB wrote:any news about Silvermel for TB 45.4.0 ?
Could you clarify your question a bit? I'm using Silvermel in Thunderbird 45.4.0, and I haven't encountered any problems, or if I have, they're so minor I haven't even noticed them.
Willard McBain

Post by Willard McBain »

Hooray! The themes have arrows in the "correspondents" tab (Thunderbird) and I can use them again! Thanks very much ShareBird.
Puff

Post by Puff »

TechnoLurker wrote:We definitely appreciate your hard work. It's the only theme that makes Thunderbird look good.
I second that. Have a beer on me, you deserve it! :) Please do not cease to work on it, the default TB theme is a pile of junk comparing to S/C.
krosnafone

Post by krosnafone »

How can this latest XPI build be installed in Thunderbird (38.8.0) please?
Clicking on it prompts to "install in Firefox." Thanks
Puff

Post by Puff »

@up - right click, save as, dump that on desktop, fire up TB, install from file, select file on desktop. Voila.
krosnafone

Post by krosnafone »

pufcio wrote:@up - right click, save as, dump that on desktop, fire up TB, install from file, select file on desktop. Voila.
Thanks for the jolt. Finally found "install from file" under the settings menu in the add-ons section - nicely buried.

And thanks to ShareBird for squeezing in the effort to keep these themes current. They are superior by far to other customizations.
Last edited by krosnafone on October 16th, 2016, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Okay, I have to report swapped icons. In message composition window the "a+" decreases font size whereas "a-" increases size. Other buttons are working fine. :)
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Puff wrote:Okay, I have to report swapped icons. In message composition window the "a+" decreases font size whereas "a-" increases size. Other buttons are working fine. :)
Strange... Are you using the last dev version? I've fixed this a long time ago...