Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JOJ0

Re: Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderb

Post by JOJ0 »

Willard McBain wrote:If Sharebird can't keep up with "Latest", then the extension is essentially dead. At least ESR gives him a more stable base.
Exactly my point. ESR is more for the enterprise folks.
TechnoLurker

Post by TechnoLurker »

TechnoLurker wrote:I also noticed in TB in Windows 10 after it's latest big update the title bar and the sections right below will change colors with the background if you have that option selected in Win10. I'm not on that machine at the moment so I don't have a screenshot to show.
Yes, I know, I'm quoting myself, but here's what I ran into. So far, it's the only issue I've had. If you turn off Windows 10 ability to change title bar with the background, this problem goes away. Also, in the second picture, the title bar color goes back to Thunderbird normal when it's on Task or Calendar tabs.

ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
kungfujoe

Post by kungfujoe »

Thanks for the update. Looking good so far!
Willard McBain

Post by Willard McBain »

This is great! We always welcome updates :D

New in Thunderbird 45 is a "Correspondents" column. The arrows are pretty important if using this column, but are currently missing in Charamel and Silvermel. Hopefully they'll make the next update? [fingers crossed]
TechnoLurker

Post by TechnoLurker »

I have arrows on the Correspondents column in both Win7 and Win10, but only when it's the selected column to sort in TB 45.1.1 with Silvermel. Also, my Win10 titlebar cosmetic issue is now fixed! Thanks ShareBird!
Willard McBain

Post by Willard McBain »

Hmm, I'm using TB 45.1.1 on Linux and tried these latest Charamel and Silvermel versions but see no arrows in the Correspondents column even if I sort on that column.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Hi there!

Thank you very much for testing!
Willard McBain wrote:Hmm, I'm using TB 45.1.1 on Linux and tried these latest Charamel and Silvermel versions but see no arrows in the Correspondents column even if I sort on that column.
Arrows will be there in the next versions ;-)
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

The new version looks great here on Windows 10, I've removed all changes I've made in my userchrome.css now. But I'm not using the correspondents column ;) Looking forward, for the next update. Thank you so far :)
Willard McBain

Post by Willard McBain »

ShareBird wrote:Hi there!

Thank you very much for testing!
Willard McBain wrote:Hmm, I'm using TB 45.1.1 on Linux and tried these latest Charamel and Silvermel versions but see no arrows in the Correspondents column even if I sort on that column.
Arrows will be there in the next versions ;-)
Thanks very much! :biggrin:
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Hi,
I just realized that the icons on the toolbar buttons in the compose window to make the font larger or smaller are mixed up. The icon with the "+" makes the font smaller, the icon with the "-" makes it larger.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Somebody wrote:Hi,
I just realized that the icons on the toolbar buttons in the compose window to make the font larger or smaller are mixed up. The icon with the "+" makes the font smaller, the icon with the "-" makes it larger.
Good catch Somebody!! Thank you very much!
kungfujoe

Post by kungfujoe »

I've noticed that some extensions' toolbar icons are distorted. I thought it was a bug in the extensions, but once I reverted to the default theme, the icons looked normal. If you look at the comparative screen grab below, you'll see two icons, the blue S that HTTPS-Everywhere just started using, and the E-Bates icon, are both distorted in the bottom half of the image (from Silvermel), and not in the top half (from the Firefox Default theme). So far, none of the other extensions I use appear to have distorted icons with Silvermel, but it looks like some of them are specifically re-themed by Silvermel (NoScript and AdBlock Plus, for example), so you'd expect those to look right.

Link to image page

This screenshot is from Silvermel build 6860 in Firefox 47.0.1 in Windows 10 Pro.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

kungfujoe wrote:I've noticed that some extensions' toolbar icons are distorted. I thought it was a bug in the extensions, but once I reverted to the default theme, the icons looked normal. If you look at the comparative screen grab below, you'll see two icons, the blue S that HTTPS-Everywhere just started using, and the E-Bates icon, are both distorted in the bottom half of the image (from Silvermel), and not in the top half (from the Firefox Default theme). So far, none of the other extensions I use appear to have distorted icons with Silvermel, but it looks like some of them are specifically re-themed by Silvermel (NoScript and AdBlock Plus, for example), so you'd expect those to look right.
It is working for me. I guess an extension is causing this...
kungfujoe

Post by kungfujoe »

ShareBird wrote:It is working for me. I guess an extension is causing this...
Are you using either HTTPS-Everywhere or the E-Bates extensions? These are the only ones that I've seen so far that have distorted icons in Silvermel, though as you can see, they're not distorted in the default theme. Other extensions' icons are fine.

Since the icons look fine in the standard theme, it's a bit of a hard sell to go to extension authors and say, "Your extension is broken. I know it looks fine in Firefox normally, but if you install this third-party theme with its third-party extension that modifies Firefox' behavior, it doesn't look right."