[Ext ] Sidebar Bookmarks Search Plus

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sumit116

Re: [Ext ] Sidebar Bookmarks Search Plus

Post by sumit116 »

First of all, thank you for your work, it is very useful. two things i noticed with this plugin:

1. search for bookmark on sidebar, click the bookmark, then plugin below takes me to the folder but doesn't highlight the bookmark that was searched (it did the first time for one bookmark but that's it, i tried different ones, no luck) so if a folder contains 50 bookmark, i still have to scan for the one i am looking for (when I can just use your another awesome plugin and right click to "go to parent folder and it does it right there.

2. search for a bookmark, then I have to click on the bookmark which means going to the link itself, this is also avoided if i use go the parent folder.

perhaps I am not using it properly.
Thanks again.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

For Firefox30+, Working in progress...
http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/STO ... us-2.0.xpi
acw

Post by acw »

Hi Alice075. Thanks for taking the time to give up this useful add-on and for taking the time to maintain it.

I wanted to add my voice to sumit116's comments. Especially the second comment. It would be a great help to be able to select a bookmark in the search results, see what folder it is in ... without having the link open in the viewing window.

Perhaps make this an option if there are folks that always want to view on the first click.

Thanks again for all you work.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

You should click on empty area at the left side of the search results, should not click on the icon/label.
bugblatter

Post by bugblatter »

Hi Alice,
Not sure if you're still supporting this, but just in case...
If used with Go Parent Folder, the context menu item "Go Parent Folder" collapses the new tree, but the Ctrl-F1 shortcut does not. I tried to take a look at your GoParent hack, where you modify the openParentFolder function to append a changeTree call, but for some reason the original version of the function without the change runs with Ctrl-F1. I guess this is some kind of scope-related thing, which always trips me up. Any tips on how I can make it work? Thanks in any case, no reply needed if you're busy.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

bugblatter wrote:Hi Alice,
Not sure if you're still supporting this, but just in case...
If used with Go Parent Folder, the context menu item "Go Parent Folder" collapses the new tree, but the Ctrl-F1 shortcut does not. I tried to take a look at your GoParent hack, where you modify the openParentFolder function to append a changeTree call, but for some reason the original version of the function without the change runs with Ctrl-F1. I guess this is some kind of scope-related thing, which always trips me up. Any tips on how I can make it work? Thanks in any case, no reply needed if you're busy.
Please try Version 2.0.2(not yet reviewed) if still interested
bugblatter

Post by bugblatter »

Tested it out and works great. Learned something too. Thanks again.
P1h3r1e3d13

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

Hi Alice,
I love this extension and use it daily, but I see that you've pulled it from AMO. Are you still supporting it, or is the code available for someone else to adopt? Thanks!
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Sorry, I abandoned all addons
P1h3r1e3d13

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

Bummer. Can you make the code available for someone to pick up? Pretty please?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

avada

Post by avada »

Hi!
Recently the addon, with most others was disabled for testing something. Then I re-enabled it.
Since then it's malfunctioning. When I select a search result I don't see it selected in it's location anymore. Only it's folder is selected, which is a lot less convenient, especially with folders that have a lot of items.

I'm on Waterfox 56. I've been using it for years without an issue. What might be the problem?
avada

Post by avada »

No tips?
Aren't there any about:config settings that I can clear?
avada

Post by avada »

I tried anything that I could think of. Including downgrading to an older version that I know the extension worked with. But it still doesn't.
bugblatter

Post by bugblatter »

This is almost impossible to debug by someone else here who hasn't seen the exact same problem. My 2 cents (general debug strategy): Start from a newly created profile (just for testing). Then install just this extension and create some dummy bookmarks to test it on. If that doesn't work, you might as well quit. If it works, you can start debugging from there, like copying over different configuration files from your profile one-by-one, starting with your bookmarks file (places.sqlite), and see which one breaks it, then isolate the problem further. Good luck.