[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WHiZ

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Post by WHiZ »

yuppers.... that's it... best feature ever... should be built into firefox imo..

btw... to the person who had the idea on how to prevent the restart on streaming tabs... it seemed to work.. so thank you.. =)
Diamanti

Post by Diamanti »

Do it is possible avoid option "Mouse hover to preview a tab with a delay of" and mantain "Focus the tab with a delay".
If i set both to 250ms again some times i activate the preview.
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Tab resizing is not working with Nightly FF22.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If you cant wait for a fix from ithinc, you can set in about:config minimum width in this pref browser.tabs.tabMinWidth
and use the following CSS code to set max width... just play with the numbers to get the size you want.

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url-prefix('chrome://') {
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned])[fadein]
{
max-width: 140px !important;}
}
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
bcraig15

Post by bcraig15 »

Does anyone know the easiest way to modify the text of the entries Tab Utilities puts in the tab right-click context menu (v 1.5.1)? I'd prefer to not have the shortcut key reminder as part of the menu item (ex. "Duplicate Tab Ctrl+Alt+T"). It expands the menu box wider than needed and I can remember the shortcuts so, "Duplicate Tab" is fine.
JMM42

Post by JMM42 »

Just started using 1.6-pre4 after updating to FF20 and not being able to use the old version.

First, I noticed while having no Tab Utilities enabled, that FF now has a really nice tab-drag visualization where the tab that is being dragged slides between the other tabs as you drag. I find that far easier to see where the tab is going than with the arrow-between-tabs with Tab Utilities. Does anyone know if there is an option to use the default FF behavior rather than the TU behavior for dragging tabs? (When dragToStack is false - that behavior obviously won't work for dragToStack since you can't drag on top of another tab with it.)

Second thing, is I do like the tiny preview image of the tab being dragged when dragging a tab. It would be awesome have that as an option (or default behavior) for the preview-on-hover feature. Flipping the entire tab view doesn't seem necessary for preview, but a small hovering preview would be fantastic.

Thanks for the great plugin!
e.alimonda

Post by e.alimonda »

JMM42 wrote:First, I noticed while having no Tab Utilities enabled, that FF now has a really nice tab-drag visualization where the tab that is being dragged slides between the other tabs as you drag. I find that far easier to see where the tab is going than with the arrow-between-tabs with Tab Utilities. Does anyone know if there is an option to use the default FF behavior rather than the TU behavior for dragging tabs? (When dragToStack is false - that behavior obviously won't work for dragToStack since you can't drag on top of another tab with it.)

From what I remember (I have done that long ago, but I can no longer find the post in this thread that mentioned it), you have to go to about:config and set extensions.tabutils.disableTabMoveAnimation to false. The effect should be visible right away, without restarting Firefox.

Second thing, is I do like the tiny preview image of the tab being dragged when dragging a tab. It would be awesome have that as an option (or default behavior) for the preview-on-hover feature. Flipping the entire tab view doesn't seem necessary for preview, but a small hovering preview would be fantastic.

While it would definitely be nice if TU did this, I'm currently using another addon to achieve an effect pretty similar to that. It's called Tab Scope, and it seems to work well alongsite TU so far. You'll obviously have to disable the preview-on-hover feature in TU, of course.
wernerml

Post by wernerml »

Hey guys, I made a "userChrome.css" here to decrease the height of my Tabs (since I use TabUtilities + Tree Style Tabs)
here it is:

.tabbrowser-tabs *|tab { height: 21px !important; }

The problem now is: - The colored (by Tab Utilities) tabs, "unread", "selected", "protected", etc.. etc... etc...., doesn't respect my "userChrome.css"... they are overridden by Tab Utilities....
I see that there's not "tabutils.css" anymore...

What can I do???
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

bcraig15 wrote:Does anyone know the easiest way to modify the text of the entries Tab Utilities puts in the tab right-click context menu (v 1.5.1)? I'd prefer to not have the shortcut key reminder as part of the menu item (ex. "Duplicate Tab Ctrl+Alt+T"). It expands the menu box wider than needed and I can remember the shortcuts so, "Duplicate Tab" is fine.

I use this css code in my userChrome.css for to achieve the last:

#tabContextMenu .menu-accel,
#tabContextMenu .menu-iconic-accel {
  display: none !important;
}

Maybe you will need to ajust the right padding of the popup too (As I did):

#tabContextMenu .menu-accel-container {
  -moz-padding-end: 10px !important;
}

---
See too: http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... -the-tab-c
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

Appears 1.6-pre4 is now having issues with the latest update of FF 22 Aurora.......still working fine in FF 21 Beta.
Richard H.
vertigoback

Post by vertigoback »

Banditz71 wrote:Appears 1.6-pre4 is now having issues with the latest update of FF 22 Aurora.......still working fine in FF 21 Beta.

Yeap. Example issues I found so far:
- (mosue) 'switch to last visited tab'
- (appearance) 'duplicate tab', etc. ...

example still working:
- (tabs) 'open new tabs for', 'focus new tabs from'
bcraig15

Post by bcraig15 »

K4RBQT99 wrote:I use this css code in my userChrome.css for to achieve the last:

Thanks, that worked beautifully! Nice, sleek menus again.
hackel

Post by hackel »

I've just installed Tab Utilities 1.6pre4 because Tab Utilities Lite isn't compatible with FF20. It seems to have taken over my shortcut keys. Alt-1, 2, etc. now selects the first and second tabs *after* my pinned tabs. There's no way I can select my pinned tabs with a shortcut key that I have found. I can't find anywhere in the UI to fix this, or documentation on the config options. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, *some* unloaded tabs don't load when I select them. It will highlight the tab, but the tab remains disabled and the content window remains blank. I have to click the URL bar and hit enter to force-load these tabs. The odd thing is that it only happens to some tabs. Others load up just as expected when I click on them. Any ideas?
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

hackel wrote:I've just installed Tab Utilities 1.6pre4 because Tab Utilities Lite isn't compatible with FF20. It seems to have taken over my shortcut keys. Alt-1, 2, etc. now selects the first and second tabs *after* my pinned tabs. There's no way I can select my pinned tabs with a shortcut key that I have found. I can't find anywhere in the UI to fix this, or documentation on the config options. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm using FF17 so I can't say for sure but maybe
about:config in the adress bar -> extensions.tabutils.shortcut.tuKeyset.disabled -> true
will help?

hackel wrote:Also, *some* unloaded tabs don't load when I select them. It will highlight the tab, but the tab remains disabled and the content window remains blank. I have to click the URL bar and hit enter to force-load these tabs. The odd thing is that it only happens to some tabs. Others load up just as expected when I click on them. Any ideas?

I have the same thing. Maybe it depends on whether the page that belongs to that tab is cached or not?
e.alimonda

Post by e.alimonda »

Banditz71 wrote:Appears 1.6-pre4 is now having issues with the latest update of FF 22 Aurora.......still working fine in FF 21 Beta.

On Nightly (Fx23) it seems even worse. Some update must've broken TU completely again, hopefully not too hard to fix, as I really prefer TU to the alternatives...
I do not have a regression window right now (I switched to Fx23 yesterday, after several weeks without updating due to circumstances), but I may look for one later.

On a side note, I haven't seen ithinc around in a while. I hope you're well.