[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
fenrei

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.1 - light but featureful

Post by fenrei »

When will you fix this bug?

fenrei wrote:Bug in Tab Utilities Lite

The problem is with Read/Unread tab highlighting.

Example:
If I refresh/load a tab, the refresh/load finished, then I switch to other tab, then about 1-2 seconds later I see that the previous tab's unread highlighting again active (or the read highlighting removed).

This bug is not in Tab Utilities, but it is in Tab Utilites Lite.
Rhineus

Post by Rhineus »

Hello ithinc,

I love your extension but I have one small problem... I tried to search for it on this thread but I couldn't find it and it has to do with java-script. See, I have a bookmark that uses java-script but when I click on that bookmark, it opens in a new tab and not what its supposed to be. What can I do to solve it?

Thx,
Michael
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

ithinc wrote:Thanks for your report. This should be a broken issue. I will release a new version soon.

Any news on the bug fix please?
wootie

Post by wootie »

dvnito wrote:
ithinc wrote:Thanks for your report. This should be a broken issue. I will release a new version soon.

Any news on the bug fix please?

TU is finally dead, try to adapt TMP asap.

TMP have 1,554,248 users, TU have 71,026 users!

If you know what I mean...
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

wootie wrote:

I'll wait for ithinc to say if the addon is dead. TU is better than TMP IMO. Number of users is irrelevant.

P.S. Why did you need to create an account just to post that message?
wootie

Post by wootie »

dvnito wrote:
wootie wrote:

I'll wait for ithinc to say if the addon is dead. TU is better than TMP IMO. Number of users is irrelevant.

P.S. Why did you need to create an account just to post that message?

I didnt say TMP is better, but it's working and have responsive dev. We have no response from ithinc after almost 1 month.

On uservoice.com at May 15, he said "I suppose I'll work on it this weekend, but still not sure. I'm engaged in my personal affairs." And thats all, no response after this.

I'll always prefer TU if its working, its better than TMP.

I created this account because no one except you said something after days and I want my TU back ASAP.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

C'mon, a bit of comprehension. Be patient. ithinc always has been very responsive but the last months have seemed to be hard for him. If for when Firefox 15 lands to the release channel TU still doesn't get an update, then I will start to worry about an possible abandoned status.

Rhineus wrote:I love your extension but I have one small problem... I tried to search for it on this thread but I couldn't find it and it has to do with java-script. See, I have a bookmark that uses java-script but when I click on that bookmark, it opens in a new tab and not what its supposed to be. What can I do to solve it?

The same occurs with TU disabled? If you post the bookmarklet's code, maybe somebody can to help you for to fix it.
wootie

Post by wootie »

Timestamp: 31.05.2012 15:05:53
Error: NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER: Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMXULElement.appendChild]
Source File: chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js
Line: 174

Timestamp: 31.05.2012 15:05:53
Error: TypeError: t is null
Source File: chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js
Line: 144

I got these errors when I try to new tab, open link, open bookmark etc.

tulib.js have 133 lines, so there is no line 144 or line 174.

I'm just a c# coder, not familiar with add-on development. Any idea, anyone?
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

wootie wrote:On uservoice.com at May 15, he said "I suppose I'll work on it this weekend, but still not sure. I'm engaged in my personal affairs." And thats all, no response after this.

What part of "engaged in personal affairs" don't you get? It's not his fault that Mozilla has turned the release cycle into an insane freight-train that requires the constant attention of extension developers to keep things working.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
wootie

Post by wootie »

patrickjdempsey wrote:
wootie wrote:On uservoice.com at May 15, he said "I suppose I'll work on it this weekend, but still not sure. I'm engaged in my personal affairs." And thats all, no response after this.

What part of "engaged in personal affairs" don't you get? It's not his fault that Mozilla has turned the release cycle into an insane freight-train that requires the constant attention of extension developers to keep things working.

Yeah, you're absolutely freaky right! I'll shut up and wait like all of you. Baah!

And Ithinc, sorry if I disturbed you. Good luck with your hadron collider project...
loby

Post by loby »

loby wrote:perhaps a new bug with Firefox 12

1) open and close bookmarks panel Image
2) middle click on a bookmarks folder (or rmb->open all in tabs) doesnt work

Erreur : attempt to run compile-and-go script on a cleared scope
Fichier Source : resource:///modules/PlacesUIUtils.jsm
Ligne : 663

pb solved with FF13
kosik

Post by kosik »

Not work Open new tab for: Address bar with Firefox 13. Other choice are O.K.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

FF 13 BUGS!!!
FF13 clean profile, TU1.2pre18, autostack enabled, shift-left click - select multiple tabs, all other settings are default.

Bug 1
Open 3 tabs, open a link from middle tab from the left - you'll have stack. Focus a parent tab, shift-click on a child tab and then move two selected tabs with lmb to the right end of the tab bar. Once you release the left mouse button, stack will be gone.

Critical bug 2
Launch a browser, you'll have a single blank tab. Now try to open a new tab with plus button on tab bar - new tab will not be created

Bug 3
As it was already mentioned before, "Add all tabs to bookmark"s in rmb menu on tab doesn't work
steve4592

Post by steve4592 »

Having same problem as Noooooo's Bug 3

This bug happened after the update to Firefox 13. Problem traced to this add-on when enabled by itself or with other add-ons enabled at same time. Firefox Safe Mode used to trace cause of error, in addition to disabling all add-ons in Add-ons Manager.

When you Bookmark All Tabs (by Ctrl+Shift+D or right-click menu on tab) it does not work properly. It brings up a rolled up window with only the New Bookmarks caption visible in the title bar, which can be unrolled to reveal what appears to be a default set of non-functioning controls (name, location, feed location, site location, folder, tags, keyword, description, load this bookmark in the sidebar, add bookmarks, cancel).

An empty folder having a name in the format of this [Friday, June 08, 2012 6:14:56 AM] is created in bookmarks. I had observed that the Bookmark All Tabs command had not previously been automatically named with a time stamp, but I did not know why that behavior had changed. Now I suspect that TU is the cause after observing that running the Bookmark All Tabs command with TU disabled does not pre-fill the Name text box with a time stamp but rather prompts the user with [Folder Name].

I see that a Bookmark All Tabs bug was reported fixed for FF11 in TU 1.1.4 but FF13 appears to break it again.

Not having the Bookmark All Tabs feature is very important to me, so much so that I may disable TU until this bug gets fixed. I do have other add-ons that provide similar functionality, but TU integrates them them all into one single add-on which makes it nice.

Also, ithinc do not let the complainers get you down, some of us understand the difficulty with the fast Firefox update schedule, this coming from a contributing user, many thanks to you.
steve4592

Post by steve4592 »

Ok, just came up with a workaround for the Bookmark All Tabs bug in FF13 with TU

Just disable TU in Add-ons Manager, Ctrl+Shift+D to Bookmark All Tabs, then enable TU

On my system it remembered tabs on restart (don't know if that's a setting I have enabled somewhere) which makes this workaround possible

Now if I could only have a button or keyboard shortcut to disable/enable TU...