[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Shield

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.1 - light but featureful

Post by Shield »

Sorry for the late reply, K4RBQT99 - it works perfectly! \:D/ Thank you very much!! =D>
andi-03

Post by andi-03 »

Hi,

I'm just wondered if updating from FF 3.6 to FF 10.0esr would cause any problems so I'm trying out in a portable version.
I got solutions for nearly everything. Tab Utilities (most important extension for me) works fine, too - except for the mouse wheel scrolling in the multi-row-view:
This solution worked for me for years now:
http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... tiple-rows
But obviously the code in the userChrome.css isn't working anymore?! I just copied the chrome folder with the css into the new profile folder. It works perfectly except for the scrolling. Is there a fix for that?

Curiously, mouseScrollSelect would work, but just normal scrolling through the rows doesn't.

I would be very grateful if I could use Tab Utilities with its full functionality in FF 10.0esr in order to update my FF to this version.

Thank you a lot in advance!
andi

PS: I was using TU 0.9.9.9.1 in FF 3.6 if that matters.

edit: [inserted Link to userChrome.css-solution that worked in FF 3.6]
I also just tested it with FF 12.0 with no other addons installed. Doesn't work either.
taglife

Post by taglife »

Firefox 14.0.1
tab_utilities-1.1.4-fx.xpi
tab_mix_lite-4.2-fx.xpi

Pin as App Tab be Fail?
釘選功能會失效?
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

I think you need to move to 1.2pre18 until the next full release. As it is beta, you will need to install it manually from the Development section on the home page, and once installed, it will not automatically update to the proper release version (when available).
taglife

Re: Super big Bug +++++ !!!

Post by taglife »

1. Tab Utilities 1.1.4 "Bookmark All Tabs" how to use?
Folder have become empty???? Can not be put into.
Super big Bug +++++ !!!
SHIT function "extensions.tabutils.bookmarkAllWithHistory" to false.

2. 圖示化分頁 and "Pin as App Tab" What's the difference?

3. Gray label tab mean? Can it close?

4. I heard that the author was killed?! No response ... a bunch of errors in v15, v16, v17?!
:? :| :roll: :( :cry: :x :twisted: :evil: [-X ](*,)
highab

Post by highab »

Hi newest version (1.1.4) doesn't work for me on FF 14.0.1. and windows 7

You gave me a text mod to implement a while back (sorry I know its on this forum, but I can't find it) so that I could right click and be in my bookmarks folder immediately.

Well that bit still works.... only now, when I click on a bookmark it doesn't link to anything, nothing happens.... so I see all my bookmarks they just don't do anything.

This is the same whether my other Add-Ons are enabled or disabled.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

It seems TU has been deeply broken by Bug 776290 – Function.toSource() changed its output in Nightly07/21 in Firefox 17. It will be hard for TU and the like add-ons to upgrade and keep compatible with Firefox 17+ and other eval-based add-ons.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

It is great to see ithinc is back! :D

ithinc wrote:It will be hard for TU and the like add-ons to upgrade and keep compatible with Firefox 17+ and other eval-based add-ons.

That's bad :(
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

ithinc wrote:It seems TU has been deeply broken by Bug 776290 – Function.toSource() changed its output in Nightly07/21 in Firefox 17. It will be hard for TU and the like add-ons to upgrade and keep compatible with Firefox 17+ and other eval-based add-ons.

Does this mean the end of TU? I would be very sad if it is.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Why is Mozilla deactivating all of the commands used as alternatives to eval?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Why is Mozilla deactivating all of the commands used as alternatives to eval?

It's been trending like this for a while, but they've been gradually becoming more corporate and losing touch with the community which supported Firefox in earlier times.

Phil
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

NickJH wrote:Does this mean the end of TU? I would be very sad if it is.

I haven't decided how to handle it. If Mozilla doesn't adopt any remedial measures, it's really a difficulty for the like add-ons. Maybe I can fix the incompatibility issues with Firefox itself, but I cannot foresee the incompatibilities with other add-ons.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Tab Utilities 1.2pre20

Not compatible with Fx17.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:Win 7 x64, clean profile, FF11, TU1.2pre18

Bug 1
TU default settings
1. Open a tab with any site (Google,etc), pin this tab
2. Close tab with middle mouse button, then restore it with Ctrl-Shift-T

Repeat step 2 two or three times. Open Panorama menu - you'll see many pinned tabs that actually don't exist.

Confirmed, will be fixed in the future and tracked at: http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... ns/3098272.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 2
I've already reported it here: viewtopic.php?p=11353169#p11353169
And few post later you said it was confirmed: viewtopic.php?p=11356073#p11356073

Could it still be reproduced?

Noooooo wrote:Bug 3
Settings:
extensions.tabutils.autoStack - true, browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand - true, put Panorama button on Menubar, go to TU options -> Mouse and set Ctrl-click on tab as Select a Tab and Shift-click on tab as Select Multiple tabs.

Now you have to create a four-tab stack by opening four links from parent tab (maybe bug is reproducible with <4 number of tabs), create another panorama-group (in Panorama window by pressing panorama button), create 2-tab stack in this new panorama group by opening link from parent tab.

Switch to first panorama group, close browser. Launch browser, move all tabs using Ctrl-Shift selection to second panorama group (that we created before browser shutdown) - stack is gone.

Confirmed, will be fixed in the future and tracked at: http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... ns/3098272.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 5 (not sure):
autostack=true
Open a site in a tab (let's call it tab A), then open a new tab (tab B) and load another site in it. Close tab B, then "open any link in new tab" in tab A - you'll have a stack. Now press Ctrl-Shift-T in order to restore tab B - you'll see that tab B now became a part of the stack though it was a standalone tab!

Another question is why after changing extensions.tabutils.restoreOriginalPosition to false tab B is still restored in its original position.

This is an intentional behavior. "restoreOriginalPosition" option is invalid now for some compatibility reason.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 6 (maybe not a bug):
Why is there no option "Move to another panorama group" in rmb-menu on tab right after TU is installed? It only seems to appear after you open panorama menu and create a new group there for the first time :D

It's Firefox's behavior.

For others, try to avoid moving stacks between Panorama groups.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:Bug
FF12, Tu1.2pre18, autostack enabled, extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect false
Load FF, open any site in tab, then open a new tab, load any site in it and open any link - you'll have this:
[tab not in stack][parent tab][child tab] - 2 last tabs are in stack

Collapse the stack on child tab, switch to [tab not in stack] and close it - focus will move to the collapsed stack but there will be a parent tab on top instead of a child one! If extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect is true then behaviour is logical: stack is expanded after [tab not in stack] is closed and the left tab (which is also a parent tab) of the stack receives focus.

What's the illogicality for this?