[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre13 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Improved delay resizing feature

K4RBQT99 wrote:Anyway, I would to test the previous code with the new tab button on the tab bar. I assume that the related preference is ...button.newtab-button.onclick, but it doesn't work. Maybe this is related with the fact that some mouse events for the new tab button can to be edited by the UI. So, is possible to add arbitrary code for middle-click with the newTab button?

In 1.0pre13, set M-click on New Tab button to do nothing, and enter your code in ...button.newtab-button.onclick.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
czesiu

Post by czesiu »

ithinc wrote:
czesiu wrote:How to setup this plugin to not interfere with normal link opening (e.g. it prevents opening links in new tabs in gmail...)

I use Gmail everyday. TU works well with it.

external links open in new tabs?
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

czesiu wrote:external links open in new tabs?

For example?
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:
K4RBQT99 wrote:Anyway, I would to test the previous code with the new tab button on the tab bar. I assume that the related preference is ...button.newtab-button.onclick, but it doesn't work. Maybe this is related with the fact that some mouse events for the new tab button can to be edited by the UI. So, is possible to add arbitrary code for middle-click with the newTab button?

In 1.0pre13, set M-click on New Tab button to do nothing, and enter your code in ...button.newtab-button.onclick.

Using 1.0pre13, it works fine. Thanks.
czesiu

Post by czesiu »

ithinc wrote:
czesiu wrote:external links open in new tabs?

For example?

ook, sorry for that
Even though I was sure that the problem began just after installing TU I just disabled it for a moment and the problem did not go away...
after some searching: change in about:config -> browser.link.open_newwindow to '3' seems to make everything work normally...

other question: how to change language of the plugin?
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

czesiu wrote:after some searching: change in about:config -> browser.link.open_newwindow to '3' seems to make everything work normally...

Glad to see the problem solved. That preference corresponds to Links > Open links in > Open new-window links in > New Tab.
If you want to have pl locale, install the 0.9.9.9.x version.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Morgan B wrote:Ok, they seem to work exactly as the statusbar buttons. I've always wondered what those two checkboxes do, but now I understand: They're for the new TU users, to avoid confusion.

Exactly right. Before I added the two checkboxes, I had received many complainants that new tabs are not focused or always focused. The status bar icons are often ignored.
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

I tried importing the following into 1.0pre13, but the Save All Tabs context menu entry is not displayed. Tested with clean profile on 3.6.13. Is this a bug ?

Code: Select all

pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_saveAllTabs", true);
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_saveAllTabs.label", "Save All Tabs");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_saveAllTabs.oncommand", "gBrowser.allTabs.forEach(function(aTab) saveDocument(aTab.linkedBrowser.contentDocument, true));");
czesiu

Post by czesiu »

ithinc wrote:
czesiu wrote:after some searching: change in about:config -> browser.link.open_newwindow to '3' seems to make everything work normally...

Glad to see the problem solved. That preference corresponds to Links > Open links in > Open new-window links in > New Tab.
If you want to have pl locale, install the 0.9.9.9.x version.

I would like to switch the plugin to english :)

from what I see now:
"Open new-window links in" got translated in polish version to "open external links in" (and I understand external as "not this domain" if that makes sense)
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

With multi-row tabs (2 or more rows), if you drag a tab to move it and the mouse cursor is to the right of the last tab on the last row (ie. on the tab bar background), the drag arrow jumps to the first row, rather than staying on the last row. So, if you release the mous button to move the tab, it ends up on the first row, rather than the expected last tab on the last row. With a single row, the drag arrow will will stay to the right of the last tab.
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

Can you add the ability to highlight the last opened tab with a different colour ?

This would come in handy when new tabs are set to open next to the current tab.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

czesiu wrote:I would like to switch the plugin to english :)

from what I see now:
"Open new-window links in" got translated in polish version to "open external links in" (and I understand external as "not this domain" if that makes sense)

Hmm, sorry for the translation error. You'd better report it to the translator at: http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.p ... topic=5939.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Defenestration wrote:I tried importing the following into 1.0pre13, but the Save All Tabs context menu entry is not displayed. Tested with clean profile on 3.6.13. Is this a bug ?

It goes into the "List all tabs" popup if the menuitem id contains "AllTabs".
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:Version 1.0pre13 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Improved delay resizing feature

Related to this, I see a new issue.

Assume that the tab bar is overflowed with the 10th opened tab.
If i open, by example, 15 tabs, focus to the last tab, and close with middle-click 3 (don't closing the original last tab), the resizing doesn't happen (delayed forever). I see the arrows AND a empty space on the tab bar. Only closing more tabs for to get less of 10 tabs I get the resizing (delayed).

Fx 3.6.x, linux system, tested with a new profile.
This doesn't happen with Minefield4beta9pre.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Assume that the tab bar is overflowed with the 10th opened tab.
If i open, by example, 15 tabs, focus to the last tab, and close with middle-click 3 (don't closing the original last tab), the resizing doesn't happen (delayed forever). I see the arrows AND a empty space on the tab bar. Only closing more tabs for to get less of 10 tabs I get the resizing (delayed).

Fx 3.6.x, linux system, tested with a new profile.
This doesn't happen with Minefield4beta9pre.

The resizing will happen when your mouse moves off the tab bar for at least half the height of the tab bar, won't it?