[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Quickie1001

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Post by Quickie1001 »

After switching from 1.5.1 to the current beta due to FF20 incompatibility, I have the following problem:

In 1.5.1 I used to be able to select multiple bookmarks in the sidebar by Alt-clicking on the them in succession. This would not open any of the bookmark, but merely select them, like Ctrl-clicking in Explorer.

In the beta, however, Alt-clicking in the sidebar will always open a bookmark. Could you please fix this to behave like it used to? Many thanks!

PS: I know I can also select by clicking in the left-hand margin of the bookmarks tree in sidebar, but that space is often very small and thus this method is prone to errors. I liked Alt-clicking much better...

Or even better: Could you please include an option to delete a bookmark from the sidebar in the tab options dialog for middle click / alt-leftclick / shift-leftclick / ctrl-leftclick? That would be just spiffing!
Diamanti

Post by Diamanti »

Open new-windows links in New Tab, conflict with Open link in new private window.
Permit open new-windows link in new tab except for new private window.
vertigoback

Post by vertigoback »

e.alimonda wrote:On a side note, I haven't seen ithinc around in a while. I hope you're well.

Good point. The last comment was from 2nd of Jan ... Hope you are well, too!
Etherknight

Post by Etherknight »

As per mpa2's comment on the addons.mozilla review page, Tabs Utilities does not appear to work for Firefox v20.0.1

When going through the automatic upgrade process, Firefox checked the functionality of each of my addons, and installed those compatible with the upgrade. Tab Utilities did not install. When I look on the Tab Utilites addon page, the following notification is present: Not available for Firefox 20.0
vertigoback

Post by vertigoback »

Etherknight wrote:Not available for Firefox 20.0

version-1.6pre4 worked for me up to Firefox 21. Give it a go:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... on-1.6pre4
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

New version will be available probably at the 1st weekend of May.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

In Firefox 13, the Alt+Click shortcut to save a link was disabled so that text could be selected within links by holding Alt. Tab Utilities breaks this functionality by always navigating to the partially selected link onmouseup. Can we get a fix?
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Starquest

Post by Starquest »

I question the decision to turn on new features in new versions by default. "Mouse hover to preview a tab" was turned on. It took me a while to figure out why tabs were being highlighted by mousing over them, a fairly annoying behaviour that I'm glad can be disabled.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Globe199 wrote:I question the decision to turn on new features in new versions by default. "Mouse hover to preview a tab" was turned on. It took me a while to figure out why tabs were being highlighted by mousing over them, a fairly annoying behaviour that I'm glad can be disabled.
ithinc wrote:"Tab Preview" is a new feature added from version 1.6pre1 and it is intentionally turned on to help testing. You may switch to the public 1.5.x version if you don't want to be bothered.

Obviously, if the stable public version ended being not compatible with the current Fx release, it's something with what we have to deal.
Starquest

Post by Starquest »

Understood. Thanks for the note.

One other question. There's an option called "Multi-row tab bar" which to me would mean multiple rows of tabs. However, it doesn't do anything when I enable it. I don't see any way to make multiple rows of tabs. Am I incorrect on its function? Thanks.
e.alimonda

Post by e.alimonda »

Globe199 wrote:Understood. Thanks for the note.

One other question. There's an option called "Multi-row tab bar" which to me would mean multiple rows of tabs. However, it doesn't do anything when I enable it. I don't see any way to make multiple rows of tabs. Am I incorrect on its function? Thanks.

If you enable that option, and open more tabs than the tab bar can fit (i.e. when it would normally show the arrow buttons to scroll to the overflowing tabs), it'll put them in multiple rows instead.
Starquest

Post by Starquest »

e.alimonda wrote:

If you enable that option, and open more tabs than the tab bar can fit (i.e. when it would normally show the arrow buttons to scroll to the overflowing tabs), it'll put them in multiple rows instead.

But there doesn't appear to be an option to specify how many tabs should be on one row. I can have 40 tabs open and they all stay on the same row. Maybe it's because I enabled the option to not have tabs scroll out of the way. (I don't remember what that option is called and I can't find it.) But really, I still would like to have multiple rows either way.
e.alimonda

Post by e.alimonda »

Globe199 wrote:
e.alimonda wrote:

But there doesn't appear to be an option to specify how many tabs should be on one line. I can have 40 tabs open and they all stay on the same row. Maybe it's because I enabled the option to not have tabs scroll out of the way. But really, I still would like to have multiple rows.

Which option is it not to have tabs scroll out of the way?

As for the amount of tabs in one row, it is roughly given by (width of your window, in pixel) / (minimum tab width). For example, right now I have the minimum tab width set to 100 px, and my Firefox window is about 1150 px wide, so 1150/100 ~= 11: it indeed can show 11 tabs before overflowing to the next row.

There is no way to define a number of tabs per row manually, or to decide which tab will be in which row, if that's something you want to do. It's automatic based on their width, and they'll re-wrap when you resize the window.
Starquest

Post by Starquest »

OK, I figured it out. I had the minimum tab width set too low at 20px. I bumped it up to 100px and now tabs go to multiple rows. Thanks.
vertigoback

Post by vertigoback »

ithinc wrote:New version will be available probably at the 1st weekend of May.

Thanks ithinc :)