[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.1 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:FF13 clean profile, TU1.2pre18, autostack enabled, shift-left click - select multiple tabs, all other settings are default.

Bug 1
Open 3 tabs, open a link from middle tab from the left - you'll have stack. Focus a parent tab, shift-click on a child tab and then move two selected tabs with lmb to the right end of the tab bar. Once you release the left mouse button, stack will be gone.

Yes, you're moving tabs. You need to collapse the stack before moving it.
Luna C

Post by Luna C »

Today my tabs got colourful with the new update... how do I disable that?
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

ithinc is back!! :D Image Thank you very much for creating and supporting this add-on!

All right, I've looked through all my messages and it looks like there is only one bug left that is not "Move to another panorama group" type:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1702465&p=12046385#p12046385
Noooooo wrote:Launch a browser, you'll have a single blank tab. Now try to open a new tab with plus button on tab bar - new tab will not be created

If I change browser.newtab.url to about:blank, everything works fine. I guess the problem is new "Most visited sites" window.

ithinc wrote:Could it still be reproduced?

[about this bug viewtopic.php?p=11353169#p11353169 ] I can't reproduce it so far.

ithinc wrote:
Noooooo wrote:Bug
FF12, Tu1.2pre18, autostack enabled, extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect false
Load FF, open any site in tab, then open a new tab, load any site in it and open any link - you'll have this:
[tab not in stack][parent tab][child tab] - 2 last tabs are in stack

Collapse the stack on child tab, switch to [tab not in stack] and close it - focus will move to the collapsed stack but there will be a parent tab on top instead of a child one! If extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect is true then behaviour is logical: stack is expanded after [tab not in stack] is closed and the left tab (which is also a parent tab) of the stack receives focus.

What's the illogicality for this?

My logic was this: you might have a stack with many tabs, but you might need only one of those tabs to work with. So you collapse the stack so that the needed tab was on top in order to be able to access it easily and save space on tab bar at the same time. With current TU behaviour this tab will be lost and you'll have to search for it again.

Luna C wrote:Today my tabs got colourful with the new update... how do I disable that?

Type about:config in adress bar, search for extensions.tabutils.autoStack and set it to false by double-click.
Luna C

Post by Luna C »

Thank you!
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:
Noooooo wrote:Launch a browser, you'll have a single blank tab. Now try to open a new tab with plus button on tab bar - new tab will not be created

If I change browser.newtab.url to about:blank, everything works fine. I guess the problem is new "Most visited sites" window.

This is about how the blank tabs are reused. Currently only "about:blank" urls don't reuse blank tabs.

Noooooo wrote:
ithinc wrote:
Noooooo wrote:Bug
FF12, Tu1.2pre18, autostack enabled, extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect false
Load FF, open any site in tab, then open a new tab, load any site in it and open any link - you'll have this:
[tab not in stack][parent tab][child tab] - 2 last tabs are in stack

Collapse the stack on child tab, switch to [tab not in stack] and close it - focus will move to the collapsed stack but there will be a parent tab on top instead of a child one! If extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect is true then behaviour is logical: stack is expanded after [tab not in stack] is closed and the left tab (which is also a parent tab) of the stack receives focus.

What's the illogicality for this?

My logic was this: you might have a stack with many tabs, but you might need only one of those tabs to work with. So you collapse the stack so that the needed tab was on top in order to be able to access it easily and save space on tab bar at the same time. With current TU behaviour this tab will be lost and you'll have to search for it again.

Generally TU follows your logic. The problem here is that when you close the [tab not in stack], after calculation, the next focused tab is the parent tab, not the child tab. The situation is more complicated now than without stacks.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

ithinc wrote:This is about how the blank tabs are reused. Currently only "about:blank" urls don't reuse blank tabs.

I didn't think about it. I've just set extensions.tabutils.reuseBlank to 0 and now everything works fine, thank you!

ithinc wrote:Generally TU follows your logic. The problem here is that when you close the [tab not in stack], after calculation, the next focused tab is the parent tab, not the child tab. The situation is more complicated now than without stacks.

I see, so it is not a bug, actually :)
djsolidsnake86

Post by djsolidsnake86 »

hi can you add the compatibility for stratiform? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tratiform/
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

djsolidsnake86 wrote:hi can you add the compatibility for stratiform? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tratiform/

What's the problem then?
djsolidsnake86

Post by djsolidsnake86 »

incompatibility, stratiform is disabled when using tab utilities
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Please fix this little nuisance, ithinc, before the 1.2 release

K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: Bug report.
In linux, Fx 11, the twisty icons aren't displayed. I fix this changing some paths via userChrome.css :

Code: Select all

window[v6="true"] .tabbrowser-tab[group-counter]:not([group-counter="1"])[group-collapsed="true"] .tab-twisty {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/tree/twisty-clsd.png") !important;
}
window[v6="true"] .tabbrowser-tab[group-first]:not([group-last]):not([group-collapsed="true"]) .tab-twisty {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/tree/twisty-open.png") !important;
}
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Please fix this little nuisance, ithinc, before the 1.2 release

In linux, Fx 11, the twisty icons aren't displayed. I fix this changing some paths via userChrome.css :

window[v6="true"] .tabbrowser-tab[group-counter]:not([group-counter="1"])[group-collapsed="true"] .tab-twisty {
}
window[v6="true"] .tabbrowser-tab[group-first]:not([group-last]):not([group-collapsed="true"]) .tab-twisty {
}

Hi K4RBQT99, thanks for your patch. I'm not sure whether this url is vaild on all platforms and whether the image file pointed to is always 9*9 on all platforms, so I used

resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree/twisty-open.png

My concern is still valid here.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Please fix this little nuisance, ithinc, before the 1.2 release

}
}

ithinc wrote:Hi K4RBQT99, thanks for your patch. I'm not sure whether this url is vaild on all platforms and whether the image file pointed to is always 9*9 on all platforms, so I used

resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree/twisty-open.png

My concern is still valid here.

Could you please help to check why "resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree/twisty-open.png" doesn't work on Linux? Is "resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree" accessible?
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:Could you please help to check why "resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree/twisty-open.png" doesn't work on Linux? Is "resource://app/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/global/tree" accessible?

I don't sure how. The higher non-accesible folder is "toolkit". It isn't available.

Ok, the problem doesn't happen running Firefox downloaded from the main site. The problem is with this one distributed by the Fedora's main repositories. Different configure arguments, I guess. If it happens with other distributions, it should be something managed by the TU side.