[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.0 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

KarmaQ wrote:I've just started playing around with Tab Utils and I have discovered a small annoyance. Basically, the tabs keep resizing themselves whenever a new tab is opened or closed. the effect of this is either, all tabs expand to fill the tab bar or they all contract to the left of the tab bar.

Is this a known issue for which a fix exists, or might it be a conflict between extensions?

Thanks for your report. It might be a conflict. Please provide reproducing steps.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Arnedanc wrote:Should Tab Utilities, Session Manager and Tab Mix plus be able to co-exist?

A while back, after a Session manager update, I was not able to my last session re-created. Then I had all of the three extensions installed.
However when I removed TAB Utilities, the problem disappeared.
I think the problem also might have disappeared if I had removed Tab Mix Plus instead of TAB Utilities.

So maybe Session Manager is the culprit, but I chose to keep TAB Mix Plus because it had more features that I wanted than TAB Utilities, but I still miss some features of TAB Utilities and I wondered whether there was something that could be done about this.

Tab Utilities should not be installed with Tab Mix Plus, but Session Manager is OK. If you're requesting features, post it to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Defenestration wrote:Is it possible to display the tab title in the window title bar ?

If not can you add this feature.

The request is not quite clear. And post it to http://tabutils.uservoice.com, please.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

regular guy wrote:I sent the code to the Oldbar author, but have not received a response. I uninstalled Oldbar and installed Old Location Bar but the same thing happens as with Oldbar - TU 1.0 stops it from working. Any suggestions?

I didn't try with Old Location Bar. Wait for Oldbar's or TU's update.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

dodo99 wrote:No

Have you figured out any incompatibility?
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

e.alimonda wrote:Great add-on, but it causes esthetically unpleasant glitches on Firefox 4 (tried on beta 9 and beta10pre) for Mac. It breaks the tab bar style by adding an extra 1px padding around it.

As I have no Mac to do a test, I cannot do any on this. If someone helps to figure out what's the reason, I'll be glad to correct it.

e.alimonda wrote:No, only when a certain amount of tabs are shown. You can see it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liaVilIKAi0
In the video, I used two newly made clean profiles, one with TU insalled and the other without it. No configuration changes have been made, except the Tabs on Top setting (but the problem happens with tabs on top as well, I've put them on bottom just as a personal preference)

Set extensions.tabutils.autoPin to false, maybe you can bypass this problem.
DarkOne123

Post by DarkOne123 »

If "Hide [Force all links to open in New Tab]" check box is unticked. (Its under Appearance -- Buttons)
Then under Links you cannot tick "Force all links to open in New Tab"
I want to be able to see all links to open in new tab but I don't want to see the tab icon.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

DarkOne123 wrote:If "Hide [Force all links to open in New Tab]" check box is unticked. (Its under Appearance -- Buttons)
Then under Links you cannot tick "Force all links to open in New Tab"
I want to be able to see all links to open in new tab but I don't want to see the tab icon.

That's behaving as designed. You may hide the icon with userChrome.css instead.

Code: Select all

#statusbar-openintab {
  display: none;
}
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
deadite81

Post by deadite81 »

ithinc wrote:
deadite81 wrote:Hi, great add-on! Unfortunately the "Move To Group" feature is no longer working. If I right-click a tab the groups are displayed correctly in the context sub-menu, but clicking a group does nothing. The menu just closes and the tab stays put. I'm using Firefox 4b11pre, but this has been a problem for me since at least b10, so figured I should report it :) Not a deal breaker, but I do like to use that feature occasionally! (It works fine with TU disabled.)

It cannot be reproduced with the nightly build.

This still occurs using b12pre. I am using Linux Mint 10, and it happens even when all other add-ons are disabled.
As for doing good; that is one of the professions which is full. Moreover I have tried it fairly and, strange as it may seem, am satisfied that it does not agree with my constitution.
Henry David Thoreau
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

deadite81 wrote:This still occurs using b12pre. I am using Linux Mint 10, and it happens even when all other add-ons are disabled.

Can someone else confirm this?
Please validate it on Windows platform. Please provide reproducing steps from a new profile.
deadite81

Post by deadite81 »

ithinc wrote:Can someone else confirm this?
Please validate it on Windows platform. Please provide reproducing steps from a new profile.

I do not have any computers running Windows, but I got access to a computer running Windows XP. FFb10 was already installed, and since it wasn't my box I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing b12pre.

That said, the behavior was exactly like on my Linux box, the move to group feature simply didn't work. The only other add-ons installed were Xmarks and Lastpass, both the latest versions from AMO. I also tried it with them both disabled and it still didn't work.

As for my Linux Mint box, the situation is the same. I created a new profile with no settings changed or add-ons installed. I then installed Tab Utilities, restarted, and the Move to Group feature still did nothing when I clicked it. The menu just closes.

Interestingly though, the "Move to Group" --> "New Group" feature works fine on XP and Linux, it sends the tab to a new group. But it doesn't do anything when I try to send the tab to an existing group.

I did not see any error messages in the error console.

If there's anything else I can do let me know.
As for doing good; that is one of the professions which is full. Moreover I have tried it fairly and, strange as it may seem, am satisfied that it does not agree with my constitution.
Henry David Thoreau
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

deadite81 wrote:Interestingly though, the "Move to Group" --> "New Group" feature works fine on XP and Linux, it sends the tab to a new group. But it doesn't do anything when I try to send the tab to an existing group.

So you meant moving tab to an existing group. Thanks for the clarification. Now it is confirmed and will be fixed in the next version.
SimonaD

Post by SimonaD »

Hi. Thank you for your extension, it works really well! :D
I have this little problem:
I also tried on a clean profile: same result...
Any idea?
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

windkiss72 wrote:Hi. Thank you for your extension, it works really well! :D
I have this little problem...
Any idea?

Try to turn off extensions.tabutils.autoPin, and adjust the tab height from 0 to 30, report the result.
SimonaD

Post by SimonaD »

ithinc wrote:
windkiss72 wrote:Hi. Thank you for your extension, it works really well! :D
I have this little problem...
Any idea?

Try to turn off extensions.tabutils.autoPin, and adjust the tab height from 0 to 30, report the result.

I did as you suggested: that ugly line is still there... :(