[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

Internetsoul wrote:Hello ithinc, dono if it is meant to be that way or it is a bug or just my case...
After I made the right click behalves like middle click on links, since I have a touch pad,
the link opens in a new tab as it is supposed too, however the right click context menu also opens at the same time.
I have the latest version of FF 4 and TU 0.9.9.9

Windows Vista? What about "right as middle" option for bookmarks and right-click option for tabs?
Internetsoul

Post by Internetsoul »

ithinc wrote:
Internetsoul wrote:Hello ithinc, dono if it is meant to be that way or it is a bug or just my case...
After I made the right click behalves like middle click on links, since I have a touch pad,
the link opens in a new tab as it is supposed too, however the right click context menu also opens at the same time.

Windows Vista? What about "right as middle" option for bookmarks and right-click option for tabs?
Windows 7 Ultimate. Right click as middle for bookmarks works fine (Open link in new tab without opening context menu)
Right click for tabs open context menu as I set it, since no option for middle click behavior.
b574042

Post by b574042 »

Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9
Tree Style Tab 0.10.2010111301
Firefox 3.6
Windows 7 x86 Ultimate

My problem is related to the setting in Tree Style Tab, New Tabs > Links > "Open links to different website in new tab". As of the latest version of Tab Utilities, when I click a link to an external website, nothing happens. It works fine if I middle click, but left clicking does nothing. If I disable this feature in Tree Style Tab, then everything works fine. This problem did not exist in 0.9.9.8.3.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

b574042 wrote:Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9
Firefox 3.6
Windows 7 x86 Ultimate

My problem is related to the setting in Tree Style Tab, New Tabs > Links > "Open links to different website in new tab". As of the latest version of Tab Utilities, when I click a link to an external website, nothing happens. It works fine if I middle click, but left clicking does nothing. If I disable this feature in Tree Style Tab, then everything works fine. This problem did not exist in 0.9.9.8.3.

Confirmed, thanks for your report.
b574042

Post by b574042 »

ithinc wrote:
b574042 wrote:Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9
Firefox 3.6
Windows 7 x86 Ultimate

Confirmed, thanks for your report.

And the very next day, Tree Style Tab removes this very feature. :? They split up the functionality into two new add-ons.
http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyle ... ory-130%29

I hate having to install so many add-ons, so I added a suggestion to add this as a feature to Tab Utilities.
http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... in-new-tab

There's also one more bit of functionality I got from Tree Style Tab which I added another suggestion for here.
http://tabutils.uservoice.com/forums/43 ... t-middle-c
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre1 is released.

Main Changes:
1/ Dropped support for Firefox 3.0.x.
2/ Fixed an incompatibility with Vimperator's autocmd.

K4RBQT99 wrote:I have some problems with the 'Auto-close unintentional blank tabs' feature (I loved this).
2) Independently of the previous point, I think that it is a real problem: if the tab closed by the feature before mentioned is the unique tab of firefox, the window is closed too, even if I have checked 'Don't close last primary window when closing last tab' option.

Fixed in version 1.0pre1.

K4RBQT99 wrote:I expected that the TU options override any firefox's option related to this. Anyway, i am reading about that.

Fixed in version 1.0pre1.

Internetsoul wrote:After I made the right click behalves like middle click on links, since I have a touch pad,

Please test with version 1.0pre1.
Internetsoul

Post by Internetsoul »

Sorry, but didn't work. I remember didn't have that problem few weeks ago. It started after the last update 0.9.9.9
I will try the old version and see how it goes.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Internetsoul wrote:Sorry, but didn't work. I remember didn't have that problem few weeks ago. It started after the last update 0.9.9.9
I will try the old version and see how it goes.

Note that the nightly build changes every night. And please check whether there is some extension conflict. Anyone else can confirm this problem?
IrfCore

Post by IrfCore »

Nice add-on!

Can I sort my tabs url in alphabetical order?
If not, it should this because it's a missing component.

Would be great if Tab Utilities had the option to keep tabs url in alphabetical order.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

IrfCore wrote:Can I sort my tabs url in alphabetical order?
If not, it should this because it's a missing component.

Would be great if Tab Utilities had the option to keep tabs url in alphabetical order.

What's the benefit of this? Post it to http://tabutils.uservoice.com for voting.
IrfCore

Post by IrfCore »

If you use TabUtilities with BarTab and Tree Style Tab it's very useful since you can have many tabs opened and inactive.
It's a useful function for us that like to have many tabs visible.
Benefit is clear, easier to keep track of all the tabs, otherwise you have to group the tabs and that's a hassle with 50-100 or more tabs.

There is an add-on Tab Kit has this function to sort tabs in alphabetical order but there is no add-on that keeps the tabs in a alphabetical order.

Since this is useful, there is no harm in having it but inactive by default.

This just another useful function for us user that use add-ons like TabUtilities...
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

IrfCore wrote:If you use TabUtilities with BarTab and Tree Style Tab it's very useful since you can have many tabs opened and inactive.
It's a useful function for us that like to have many tabs visible.
Benefit is clear, easier to keep track of all the tabs, otherwise you have to group the tabs and that's a hassle with 50-100 or more tabs.

Responded in Keep tabs url in alphabetical order. Big help with many opened tabs....
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre2 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Added hidden preferences to disable shortcut keys [extensions.tabutils.shortcut.*]
2/ Fixed tabs on bottom option for Firefox 4.0 betas
3/ Fixed an incompatibility with Firefox 4.0b7
4/ Removed undo close tab button style option

Internetsoul wrote:After I made the right click behalves like middle click on links, since I have a touch pad,

It should have been fixed by 1.0pre2. It's an incompatibility with Fx4.0b7. Some changes in 4.0b8pre remain unchanged in 4.0b7.
tigrr

Post by tigrr »

Are there any chance i can remove/disable 'Open in current tab" item when right-click link from context menu? Before installing this extension instead of tabmix there were 'open in new tab', so i often pne links in current instead of a new now... Thanks in advance.
/ //
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

tigrr wrote:Are there any chance i can remove/disable 'Open in current tab" item when right-click link from context menu? Before installing this extension instead of tabmix there were 'open in new tab', so i often pne links in current instead of a new now... Thanks in advance.

Well, I recently learned to use DOM inspector (ok, very basic use); i think that the next code works for you; add it to your userChrome.css file:

Code: Select all

#context-openlinkincurrent {
    display: none !important;
}