[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.2 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

z00 wrote:Since FF 17 was released, I can no longer drag and drop tabs to rearrange them. In the earlier "1.5pre" releases, even the arrow showing where the tab would go did not show up. Now the arrow shows up, but the tab refuses to move.

z00 wrote:I noticed that this bug is now gone; apparently it disappeared yesterday, when I last restarted my browser. So I checked to see what had updated recently, and came upon the very suspicious-looking add-on "bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab)", which just happened to be updated yesterday. Its release notes say, "Fixed undeclared variable to use." So as that add-on happens to do with tab movement, I think the culprit has been found and fixed.

This was fixed since 1.5pre4. I didn't receive other reports about the conflict.

z00 wrote:There is also now a conflict between Tab Utilities and Colorful Tabs. As recently as 1.5pre2, these two add-ons worked fine together, and both work under FF 17. However, starting with TU 1.5pre3 and continuing through the release version, the tab text is always black, regardless of what I specify in the TU options. This seems clearly to be a TU bug, since I can switch back to TU 1.5pre2 and the bug goes away; with this version, I can set the tab text color to whatever I want.

Confirmed.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ryrynz wrote:Would you consider adding the option of a progress bar to the tabs with the ability to change the color?
While there are a couple of Progress bar addons out there the colors are either blue, green or default, tabmix plus gives a lot more options but I'd rather use your addon.

No plan for it.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: I see the next message in the Error console at startup. Maybe harmless, tabs in titlebar isn't supported by Fx in linux:

Code: Select all

Error: Failed to hook TabsInTitlebar._update: TabsInTitlebar._update is not a function
File: chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js
Line: 23

K4RBQT99 wrote:I still see it at startup with TU 1.5

Confirmed, thanks.
Morgan B

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Post by Morgan B »

ithinc wrote:
Morgan B wrote:#1
When viewing HTML5 video in fullscreen mode the vertical tab bar is still visible. In the meantime I just use TU's key to toggle it. (http://www.youtube.com/html5)

Hiding the vertical tab bar is easy, but then an auto-show/hide feature will be necessary when mouse moves to/off the edge. That will add quite a lot of work.

I'm sorry, I didn't express myself clear enough.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Make sure TU is set to use vertical toolbar
  2. Go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and make sure HTML5 video testing mode is enabled on youtube
  3. Watch a video on youtube, such as this one
  4. Click the video's fullscreen button
When watching fullscreen HTML5 video, the video only should be visible. To access any Firefox chrome one must press Esc and so exit the HTML5 video fullscreen mode. However, the vertical tab bar is still visible.

I didn't mean that the vertical tab bar isn't auto-hidden until mouse-over when in Firefox's general fullscreen mode (by pressing F11), like it is when using horizontal tab bar. Personally I don't mind that "inconsistency" and I don't think it's worth "fixing".
Jeff Landry

Post by Jeff Landry »

ithinc wrote:I will revive the "extensions.tabutils.markNewAsBlank" option in the next version.

Thanks! Long live Tab Utilities!
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Morgan B wrote:
ithinc wrote:
Morgan B wrote:#1
When viewing HTML5 video in fullscreen mode the vertical tab bar is still visible. In the meantime I just use TU's key to toggle it. (http://www.youtube.com/html5)

Hiding the vertical tab bar is easy, but then an auto-show/hide feature will be necessary when mouse moves to/off the edge. That will add quite a lot of work.

When watching fullscreen HTML5 video, the video only should be visible. To access any Firefox chrome one must press Esc and so exit the HTML5 video fullscreen mode. However, the vertical tab bar is still visible.

I didn't mean that the vertical tab bar isn't auto-hidden until mouse-over when in Firefox's general fullscreen mode (by pressing F11), like it is when using horizontal tab bar. Personally I don't mind that "inconsistency" and I don't think it's worth "fixing".

Thanks for the clarification. After some investigation, it's in fact the same problem as the general Firefox full screen mode.
drabun

Post by drabun »

a very minor problem, regardless of whether / not to load bookmark/history on a new tab, right-clicking a bookmark/history & selecting 'open' has no effect, but double-clicking & selecting 'open in new tab' / 'open in new window' works correctly

extensions.tabutils.middleClickLinks = 1 doesn't work, look like browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick is still applied, though vals 0 & 2 work as expected
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.6pre1 is released.

New feature: Mouse hover to preview.

K4RBQT99 wrote:I still see it at startup with TU 1.5

Morgan B wrote:#1 When viewing HTML5 video in fullscreen mode the vertical tab bar is still visible. In the meantime I just use TU's key to toggle it. (http://www.youtube.com/html5)
#2 The vertical tab bar is visible in print preview, which is confusing.

drabun wrote:a very minor problem, regardless of whether / not to load bookmark/history on a new tab, right-clicking a bookmark/history & selecting 'open' has no effect, but double-clicking & selecting 'open in new tab' / 'open in new window' works correctly

The above are fixed in 1.6pre1.

Jeff Landry wrote:Something changed from 1.5pre1 to the full 1.5 that I do not understand. 'Load in new tab' is set to 'Blank Page'. In 1.5 when I click the 'Open a new tab button', the new tab opens with my home page (google.ca) but the focus is the address bar rather than the input box on Google's web page. In 1.5pre1 and I believe previous versions the focus in the new tab was the Google search box.

You may set "extensions.tabutils.markNewAsBlank" to false in 1.6pre1 to get your desired behavior.

drabun wrote:extensions.tabutils.middleClickLinks = 1 doesn't work, look like browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick is still applied, though vals 0 & 2 work as expected

This is intentional. Keep browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick as default.
ArtLive

Post by ArtLive »

Where to disable "lights pale" unloaded tabs (when setting FF "tabs do not load until selected")?

Earlier helped:

Code: Select all

.alltabs-item[restoring],
    .tabbrowser-tab[restoring] {
      opacity: 1 !important;
    }

But not now
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ArtLive wrote:Where to disable "lights pale" unloaded tabs (when setting FF "tabs do not load until selected")?

Now it's configurable in TU Options > Appearance > Tabs > Unloaded > Opacity.
ArtLive

Post by ArtLive »

Great! Thank you.

Another would be to return the "right click in tab => move to grop xxx", and smooth movement of the tabs - it would do fine =)
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

It seems that the TU menuitem of the tab context for to pin a tab was removed in 1.6pre favoring the native implementation. Is It? A issue is that If you have set "open context menu" when right-clicking on tab bar, both Fx menuitems are displayed: Pin... and Unpin.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:It seems that the TU menuitem of the tab context for to pin a tab was removed in 1.6pre favoring the native implementation. Is It?

Yes.

K4RBQT99 wrote:A issue is that If you have set "open context menu" when right-clicking on tab bar, both Fx menuitems are displayed: Pin... and Unpin.

Confirmed, thanks.
drabun

Post by drabun »

ithinc wrote:
drabun wrote:extensions.tabutils.middleClickLinks = 1 doesn't work, look like browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick is still applied, though vals 0 & 2 work as expected

This is intentional. Keep browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick as default.

~ = extensions.tabutils
# = browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick
well then i guess there's no case where ~.middleClickLinks = 1 is applied (ie. middle-clicking links can't be set to open it in current tab)
as a comparison, ~.middleClickBookmarks = 1 opens bookmark/history in the current tab regardless of the val of #, while ~.middleClickBookmarks = 0/2 has effect iff # = true. this i guess the correct behavior

btw,
- what is "stay menu open" option for ~.middleClickBookmarks? (ie. val 4 & 5)
- what does "related" tab mean?
- even better, is there documentation for TU?

ps. i'm currently stuck at TU 1.2 because i'm using palemoon, so the above behaviors might have changed. anyone has experience using it on palemoon?
thx
Last edited by drabun on December 11th, 2012, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unixronin

[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.6pre1 glitch

Post by Unixronin »

I just updated to Firefox 17.0.1, and to all appearances, Firefox went berserk. It was switching focus every time my mouse passed over a tab, but then the original tab would steal focus back, .........

To cut a long story short, I eventually discovered that for some entirely unknown-to-me reason, Tab Utilities 1.6pre1 spontaneously enabled the Tab Preview preference. I am willing to consider the possibility that if you intentionally tuirned it on, it's conceivable that this feature could actually be useful, but when it gets randomly turned on by itself, it's "Uh-oh, my browser is broken" time.

So if your browser has suddenly gone berserk and tabs are self-focusing when your mouse briefly passes over them ... check your Tab Utilities preferences and see whether Tab Preview has spontaneously enabled itself.