[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
roryks

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9/Lite 0.9.5 - light but featureful

Post by roryks »

Thank you so much for your quick reply, ithinc. I am using Tab Utilities and liking it very much, thank you.

I'll give PermaTabs Mod a go.
DarkOne123

Post by DarkOne123 »

ithinc wrote:
DarkOne123 wrote:I've set New Tab Homepage to my homepage, yet I had to disable "Reuse blank tabs" bit so that none were ticked otherwise it kept trying to do it in the new tab I opened even if I middle clicked it.

I'm not quite clear about what you said. What is your expected output?

The Google is a new tab from me clicking New Tab button.
In Tab Utilities, Tab Opening option, under Reuse blank tabs, if Current, Last or All is ticked.
This is what happens. I click New Tab button, Google opens up (so far so good) however I using the middle button click a bookmark (this should open it in a new tab) it opens the website in the Google tab instead of a new one.
I've set New Tabs to open in Google but for some reason Tab Utilities sees them as blank tabs. It's even evident in the address bar, instead of www.google.com it has Search Bookmarks and History.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

DarkOne123 wrote:This is what happens. I click New Tab button, Google opens up (so far so good) however I using the middle button click a bookmark (this should open it in a new tab) it opens the website in the Google tab instead of a new one.
I've set New Tabs to open in Google but for some reason Tab Utilities sees them as blank tabs. It's even evident in the address bar, instead of http://www.google.com it has Search Bookmarks and History.

That's the intentional design. New Tab button always opens blank tabs. You may use Home button instead.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
ncc

Post by ncc »

I love it so much, TU. What a pity that it conflicts with TabGroups Manager. Also, when I write this, using CTR+Right/Left to edit the text is impossible.
Last edited by ncc on March 16th, 2010, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ncc wrote:I love it so much, TU. What a pity that it conflict with TabGroups Manager. Also, when I write this, using CTR+Right/Left to edit the text is impossible.

I don't use TabGroups Manager. Can you describe the conflict more detailedly?
For the Ctrl + Left/Right, you can disable the feature in "Tabs/Tab Closing" tab.
ncc

Post by ncc »

ithinc wrote:
ncc wrote:I love it so much, TU. What a pity that it conflict with TabGroups Manager. Also, when I write this, using CTR+Right/Left to edit the text is impossible.

I don't use TabGroups Manager. Can you describe the conflict more detailedly?
For the Ctrl + Left/Right, you can disable the feature in "Tabs/Tab Closing" tab.

Many thanks for quick response!
Very sorry for my false alert of the "conflict with TGM", I've got mistake BarTab for TU, and ColorfulTabs for TGM.
Then, in regards to the "conflict with CT", TU's tab border & text color's probably overrided by CT's. It's just a tiny issue. I can live without CT.
For Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow, however, that's really a pain. I see how to disable it, and I also see that TU does have no way to distinguish between IN and OUT the text editing mode. Is it right?
Anyway, I greatly appreciate your works, especially TU.
blazer3k

Post by blazer3k »

Hi,

I have a problem with TabUtilities.

Almost every link opens in a new tab (for example, my Firefox opened several tabs till I reached to this topic).
When I deactivate TabUtilities, I don't have the problem anymore.

I checked Browser.link.open newwindow (=1) and Browser.link.open newwindow.restriction (=2).

What is the problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

blazer3k wrote:Almost every link opens in a new tab (for example, my Firefox opened several tabs till I reached to this topic).
When I deactivate Tab Utilities, I don't have the problem anymore.

I checked Browser.link.open newwindow (=1) and Browser.link.open newwindow.restriction (=2).

What is the problem? How can I fix it?

Maybe you have set extensions.tabutils.openAllInTab to true? This option could be toggled with the statusbar button "Force to open all links in New Tab".
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ncc wrote:For Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow, however, that's really a pain. I see how to disable it, and I also see that TU does have no way to distinguish between IN and OUT the text editing mode. Is it right?

Yes, you're right. I'll try to figure out a way.
aronin

Post by aronin »

Hi - great extension.... the best tab related stuffs in a small package...pretty good..

Had a very small request..

When a user Pins a Tab, he would typically also want to 'Protect' it. Right now it involves two steps:
- Pin Tab
- Protect Tab

Can we have an option whereby the Pinned tabs are protected by default? or in the list of actions you could add 'Pin & Protect'.

Thanks.
aronin

Post by aronin »

Problem with Javascript (URL Bar):

When I have selected 'Open URL in New Tab' option, if I enter a Javascript code into the URL bar, it opens a new Blank Tab. The correct action should be to apply the Javascript on the currently active Tab.
aronin

Post by aronin »

Confusion with 'Close Tab' options:

Are these 'OR' options or 'AND' options.... a bit confusing. Can you please explain these options or maybe change the layout a bit. Thanks.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

aronin wrote:When I have selected 'Open URL in New Tab' option, if I enter a Javascript code into the URL bar, it opens a new Blank Tab. The correct action should be to apply the Javascript on the currently active Tab.

Thank you for your report. This happens only when pressing Enter key. It will be fixed in next release.
frvaddons

Post by frvaddons »

Hello,

Tab Utilities 0.9.9.2 (why not for me with my code) or 0.9.9.3 (all broken) Firefox 3.6 XPSP3

0.9.9.2 = I must use Menu Editor :: Add-ons for Firefox for disabled menu items because the checkbox does not work.
0.9.9.3 = Check the item menu are all reversed: true = false & false = true :shock:

Tab Utilities (all versions) do not work properly with the theme Classic Compact :: Add-ons for Firefox with function "Faviconize Tab" nor properly with ColorfulTabs :: Add-ons for Firefox & Tab Scope :: Add-ons for Firefox with function "Pin Tab". Big problem with system tabs and/or css code with tabs ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. Thank you for the users.

Your add-on breaks off several features of several other add-ons and broken the tab system. The tabs work but your add-on modifies the css code tabs by default or the structure of tabs so bad because of the malfunction identified. Yes, i'm not expert.

Thank you for offering us options checkbox to remove the menus and to move your menu without external add-on. Thank you for placing your items in a submenu, because your add-on is not the only one to provide menus ; (i use more than 170 add-ons). Thank you for the users.

Test your add-on "Tab Utilities" with add-ons that users notify you please and thank you by advance ; this does not prevent users to describe the failures. When you say you do not use an add-on = you do nothing, no investigation, i have the impression that you do not want to improve your add-on for all cases. Thank you for all the users, not only for your personal use of "Tab Utilities" on an software (Firefox with clean profile by example) newly installed and on an recently installed new clean system (Windows, Mac, Linux, ReactOS, ...). 1000 thanks in advance for your current and future work =D>.

If you know programming you can track user requests. Do not be offended if someone asks you to improve your add-on, especially if you offer suggestions = you can code and you can improve your add-on. Provide options thoughtful and well with an interface designed to satisfy all users. This is valid for all add-ons. If users have conflicting suggestions, thank you please give us checkbox options. Thank you for the users :wink:.

I have modified the code a bit for it to work with the Compact Classic theme. I do not understand why the developer does not want this code :-s :furious:. The code is not perfect because it is fixed but it works [-o< and we can use dynamic variables (css code for the width of the tab with Faviconize Tab) following the theme used. The code must be tailored for each css code Tab function in the file \chrome\content\tabutils.js. You must change also the code inside the file \chrome\skin\tabutils.css. It is possible to put the code in one place to reduce the file size but it is not easy for me.

\chrome\content\tabutils.js

Code: Select all

if (!aTab.hasAttribute("protected") && aTab.hasAttribute("faviconized")) {
            aTab.minWidth = aTab.maxWidth = 24;
            }
            else if (aTab.hasAttribute("protected") && aTab.hasAttribute("faviconized")) {
            aTab.minWidth = aTab.maxWidth = 38;
            }

\chrome\skin\tabutils.css

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[faviconized="true"] .tab-icon-image {
  -moz-margin-start: 3px !important;
  -moz-margin-end: 3px !important;
}

Code by default not in the same location = aTab.minWidth = aTab.maxWidth = 0
Why 0 (zéro) ?

Please add (With the full url "www.example.web/full-url-example.html"):
Close duplicate link for this tab
and add
Close duplicate link for all tabs
Thank you for the users :wink:.

Please add (with the full domain "www.example.web"):
Close duplicate host for this tab
and add
Close duplicate host for all tabs
Thank you for the users :wink:.

This add-on already :| plagiarizes :| (reproduces?) the function of several other add-ons, when you say that these functions are available in other add-ons. [-X :idea: :arrow: I use a lot of add-ons and i would like and must absolutely reduce the size of the extensions folder without reduce the number of function. All add-ons with very similar functions should be combined but must also provide the functions grouped by specialization if you want. Thank you for the users :wink:.

Thanks 'ithinc' :) ; good job \:D/ !!! Thank you very much.
Last edited by frvaddons on March 17th, 2010, 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my english, i'm french.
myzar74

Post by myzar74 »

Hi thankyou for this very usefull addon ,i want to report you that since this landed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347930 on the trunk , firefox is broken with this addon, you can't switch tabs anymore, clicking on the tabs does nothing . It's not clear yet if this will be backed out probably not so if you can fix it to be compatible with the latest trunk it would be great :)