[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pintassilgo

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Post by pintassilgo »

If I middleclick back or forward button, previous/next page opens at the end (far right) of tab bar.

How to make it open next to current tab?

EDIT: Problem not caused by Tab Utilities, sorry for this post.
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Tab Utitlies has halted in development.

Tab Utilties Phoenix has continued where ithinc left off.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... s-phoenix/
Engelium

Post by Engelium »

I'm happy that someone continue its development, but the tabstack feature (the main reason to use this instead of the more complete TabMix Plus) doesn't work on Australis
Floyd77

Post by Floyd77 »

Versión 1.6pre6

Changes from version 1.6pre5:
Fixed: Close multiple tabs now work
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Hi guys,

I have moved TU project to GitHub at https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils, so it could be easier for collaborative development. Please report any unresolved issues there. Thanks.

ithinc
Limerick

Post by Limerick »

HE IS ALIVE !!!

;)
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

I've been using TU1.5.20, FF26 for a while and noticed a pretty strange Firefox behavior yestarday. I selected two tabs, moved them to a different panorama group, then switched to that group and found out that panorama button has appeared at the right end of the tab bar. I didn't place it on the tab bar myself, it was hidden in instrument panel settings window.

FF settings also changed: FF showed homepage at startup before, now it shows last session. 1.6pre7 changelog says panorama button was fixed. Is it possible that such behaviour was caused by TU?
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Limerick wrote:HE IS ALIVE !!!

;)

YESS!! Excellent news! :D

I've just found a bug. FF26, TU1.6pre7
Create a new FF profile, launch FF
Install TU1.6pre7, browser will restart
Open Panorama window by pressing Ctrl-Shift-E, create a new group by clicking left mouse button and moving your mouse
Name this group somehow - "ABC", for example
Return to the previous panorama group, click the tab - Move to group - you'll see that group "ABC" has a "null" title.
I'll also post this bug at https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues

Are you planning to release updates for TU in release channel more frequently? 1.6pre7 seems to be stable :D
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:I've been using TU1.5.20, FF26 for a while and noticed a pretty strange Firefox behavior yestarday. I selected two tabs, moved them to a different panorama group, then switched to that group and found out that panorama button has appeared at the right end of the tab bar. I didn't place it on the tab bar myself, it was hidden in instrument panel settings window.

It is designed so by Panorama. The panorama button is brought out when Panorama is invoked for the 1st time.

Noooooo wrote:FF settings also changed: FF showed homepage at startup before, now it shows last session.

It is a Firefox option. Not touched by TU.

Noooooo wrote:Are you planning to release updates for TU in release channel more frequently? 1.6pre7 seems to be stable :D

Release channel needs full review from AMO, so non-broken updates won't be released in release channel frequently.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Thank you very much! :)
I've just found a new bug but couldn't find reproduce steps yet. I've been browsing for about 15 minutes, doing all possible kinds of actions with tabs like opening/closing tabs, creating/regrouping stacks,etc. Now I have one tab stack (red) and one standalone tab (blue) open:
[1][2][3][s]
I click new tab button on the tab bar, load a web-page in this new tab, open a link on this web-page using ctrl-lmb so that a new stack is created (green):
[1][2][3][s][g][g1]
Focus is on tab [g], I close it using Ctrl-W, focus moves to tab [g1], I close it using Ctrl-W as well. And what happens is that focus for some reason moves to tab [2] though it was supposed to move to tab [s].

I use following TU settings: TU Options - Tabs - Tab Closing - Related Tabs - Right Tab - Last Tab (all checked). FF26, TU1.5.26

Like I said, I couldn't workout any reproduce steps but I thought this information could be useful somehow.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

@Noooooo, there is some glitch here. Tab closing selection interferes with Tab Stack some way. It won't be solved soon, but I'll examine it some time.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

WHiZ wrote:I use the autorestart option to help unload old tabs after 30min and save ram.. i love this function...

however i just started listening to online radio. And this unloads those tabs while they are playing.. i have pinned that tab and locked it. is there some option to make it not unload locked tabs or some other way to specify a do not unload this tab?

So what's the desire here? Prevent unloading pinned tabs sounds reasonable.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

ithinc, it looks like I found reproduce steps for this bug. FF26, TU1.5.26/1.6pre9, new profile (stacks are disabled by default so it looks like they are not the reason). However, bug is reproduced with stacks enabled too. Wait until all the tabs that you open finish loading.

1.Create new profile, launch FF, there will be one tab - open any web-page in it
2.Open any link on this web-page using ctrl-lmb
3.Open a new tab using new tab button on the tab bar
4.Switch to the second tab from the left, close it with Ctrl-W
5.Switch to the second tab (the one you opened in step 3), open any web-page in it, open any link on the web-page by ctrl-lmb
6.Close this tab using Ctrl-W, focus will move to the tab you've just opened - close it with Ctrl-W as well
7.You now have one tab - open any link from it using Ctrl-lmb.
8.Open a new tab using new tab button on the tab bar, load any web-page in it
9.Open 5 links on this web-page using Ctrl-lmb
10.Close the tab that currently has focus (parent tab)
11.Open a new tab using new tab button on the tab bar, load any web-page in it
12.Open any link on the web-page by ctrl-lmb
13.Close tab that currently has focus
14.Close the tab that received focus
For some reason the focus will now move to the first tab though it was supposed to move to the last tab.

I think this is not the only way to reproduce this bug :)
ArtLive

Post by ArtLive »

Hi!

How to disable drop down menu in Tab Group (Panorama) button?

Reason: conflict with more powerful for this function TabGroup menu

Thanks
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

ArtLive wrote:Hi!

How to disable drop down menu in Tab Group (Panorama) button?

Reason: conflict with more powerful for this function TabGroup menu

Thanks

Using CSS or add a pref in about:config.

Code: Select all

pref("extensions.tabutils.button.tabview-button.type", "");