[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tigrr

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 - light but featureful

Post by tigrr »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Well, I recently learned to use DOM inspector (ok, very basic use); i think that the next code works for you; add it to your userChrome.css file:

Thanks! That works like a charm!
Can anyone specify all classes useb by this extension? I have some customization in my userChrome.css, and i'd like to style some elements in tab utilities too.
/ //
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre3 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Added a hidden option "extensions.tabutils.quitApplicationWithLastWindow" to close all windows when closing the last primary window
2/ Added keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+C/V to Copy Page Location/Paste and Go

fire.Man wrote:have you had any reports of problems when tabs are restored upon opening FF?
i haven't troubleshooted this yet, so it may not be related to TU, but if i open a JS pop-up window, then close it and all other tabs, then restart FF, it often starts with the JS pop-up window instead of a blank tab.

This problem could be bypassed by setting extensions.tabutils.quitApplicationWithLastWindow to true. The "File > Exit" command will be called when clicking the "X" button of the last primary window.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

tigrr wrote:Can anyone specify all classes useb by this extension? I have some customization in my userChrome.css, and i'd like to style some elements in tab utilities too.

What elements are you planning to style? Write them down, others will help you.
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

The new shortcut ctrlshift-v is in conflict with the one of adblplus. Please at least put a visible option to disable the shortcuts.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

bolobb wrote:The new shortcut ctrlshift-v is in conflict with the one of adblplus. Please at least put a visible option to disable the shortcuts.

Go to about:config, set "extensions.tabutils.shortcut.key_pasteAndGo" to false. Otherwise, you may use the keyconfig extension.
regular guy

Post by regular guy »

Hi ithink, the last TU update 0.9.9.9 seems to have broken the Invisible Hand extension in my setup (Firefox 3.6.12 & Windows 7 x64). When I disabled TU Invisible Hand started working again. Has anyone else had the same problem, and is there a workaround? Thanks in advance.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

regular guy wrote:Hi ithink, the last TU update 0.9.9.9 seems to have broken the Invisible Hand extension in my setup (Firefox 3.6.12 & Windows 7 x64). When I disabled TU Invisible Hand started working again. Has anyone else had the same problem, and is there a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Confirmed, thank you. No workaround now. Will be fixed.
braveheartleo

Post by braveheartleo »

I really like the new Paste and Go option introduced in recent 1.0pre3 of TU. As the shortcut collides with ABP, I have turned it off for the moment. However, it would really be nice if there's some way to put this function in the context menu. I know Firefox 4 has this built-in, but is there some way for Firefox 3.6.x to have this appear in the context menu?
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

ithinc wrote:
bolobb wrote:The new shortcut ctrlshift-v is in conflict with the one of adblplus. Please at least put a visible option to disable the shortcuts.

Go to about:config, set "extensions.tabutils.shortcut.key_pasteAndGo" to false. Otherwise, you may use the keyconfig extension.

Thanks, I installed keyconf. I never did that before because it wasn't on the official addon page. Why a so useful addon is not on the official page?
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

Could you add a shortcut to view-unview the list of recentlyclosedtabs without using the button?

PS: What are "unintentional" blank tabs?
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

braveheartleo wrote:I really like the new Paste and Go option introduced in recent 1.0pre3 of TU. As the shortcut collides with ABP, I have turned it off for the moment. However, it would really be nice if there's some way to put this function in the context menu. I know Firefox 4 has this built-in, but is there some way for Firefox 3.6.x to have this appear in the context menu?

There is an extension Paste and Go 2 which also provides the past and go function and a bit more (you can do paste and go from a context menu in the URL bar and paste and search from the context menu in the search box as well). It has configurable shortcut keys. You may want to have a look at it if it gives you what you want. You may need to bump the max version or I can give you a copy as I use it.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre4 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Better control to select a tab after closing current tab
2/ Added the following shortcut keys (working in non-editing mode):
Ctrl+C: Copy Page Location
Ctrl+V: Paste and Go
Ctrl+X: Paste and Search
Ctrl+Z: Undo Close Tab

regular guy wrote:Hi ithink, the last TU update 0.9.9.9 seems to have broken the Invisible Hand extension in my setup (Firefox 3.6.12 & Windows 7 x64). When I disabled TU Invisible Hand started working again. Has anyone else had the same problem, and is there a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Fixed in version 1.0pre4.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

braveheartleo wrote:I really like the new Paste and Go option introduced in recent 1.0pre3 of TU. As the shortcut collides with ABP, I have turned it off for the moment. However, it would really be nice if there's some way to put this function in the context menu. I know Firefox 4 has this built-in, but is there some way for Firefox 3.6.x to have this appear in the context menu?

Sorry, but no context menu planned. Do as @NickJH suggested.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

bolobb wrote:Thanks, I installed keyconf. I never did that before because it wasn't on the official addon page. Why a so useful addon is not on the official page?

Maybe the author doesn't want it shown there.

bolobb wrote:Could you add a shortcut to view-unview the list of recentlyclosedtabs without using the button?

Is it really useful? Maybe Ctrl+Shift+Z, as Ctrl+Z is now Undo Close Tab.

bolobb wrote:PS: What are "unintentional" blank tabs?

"Unintentional" means you get a blank tab which is not supposed to appear, usually spawned by a download link.
braveheartleo

Post by braveheartleo »

Thanks NickJH for the suggestion, I'll take a look and see what I can get from it.

ithinc wrote:Sorry, but no context menu planned. Do as @NickJH suggested.

Alright, but it looks like that the new 1.0pre4 version offers a better alternative than the context menu, as I usually prefer shortcuts. Will see how it goes.