Folderpane Tools 0.6.1 for Thunderbird 5 and SeaMonkey 2.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

Folderpane Tools 0.6.1 for Thunderbird 5 and SeaMonkey 2.2

Post by Philip Chee »

This is a continuation of Folderpane Tools by chuonthis

Homepage: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#folderpanetools

Install Folderpane Tools for Seamonkey 2.2+ and Thunderbird 5+:
folderpane_tools-0.6.1.xpi

What's New:
  • Updated for Thunderbird 5 and SeaMonkey 2.2.
  • Added Hungarian Locale contributed by "DirektX" <direktx@freemail.hu>.
  • Renamed locales [de-DE, fr-FR, nl-NL, pl-PL] to [de, fr, nl, pl].
  • Updated locales: de, es-ES.
  • New locales ca-AD, cs-CZ, pt-PT, sv-SE, sr.
  • [fix] On OSX don't show the first run alert message as it can't be dismissed.

Install Folderpane Tools for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0:
folderpane_tools-0.6-mod.xpi

What's New:
  • Updated for Thunderbird 3.0 final.
  • Fix for overriding the internal Thunderird 3.0 folderpane sort algorithm. Patch by Ben Lerner <blerner at cs.washington.edu>
  • Updated install.rdf for Shredder (Thunderbird 3.2a).
  • Refactored the in-line javascript in folderpane.xul into a separate folderpane.js file.

Somewhere between Thunderbird 3.0b3 and 3.0final a new internal sort function was added to the Thunderbird foldepane widget. This function would override the Folderpane Tools method of sorting accounts. This version of FPT now intercepts the _sortedFolders() function and prevents it from resorting the FPT order of accounts.

Phil
Last edited by Philip Chee on August 1st, 2011, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman

Re: Folderpane Tools 0.6 for Thunderbird 3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.0

Post by Rocketman »

I'm staying w/ you & fpt for now Phil.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
Rocketman

Re: Folderpane Tools 0.6 for Thunderbird 3.0 and SeaMonkey 2.0

Post by Rocketman »

Just installed the update, Phil (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100512 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.5). Will let you know if anything weird happens.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
AussieRodney

Re: Folderpane Tools 0.6 for Thunderbird 3.0 and SeaMonkey 2

Post by AussieRodney »

G'day, Phil. I've been following this conversation for a while now. I am running FP 0.6 on TB 3.1. I have just disabled every other extension & my accounts still process in the original order. Like Rocketman, I'm sticking with you because I want to see your extension working!
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing.
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

Philip Chee wrote:This is a fork of Folderpane Tools by chuonthis

Homepage: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#folderpanetools
Install Folderpane Tools for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0:
folderpane_tools-0.6-mod.xpi

What's New:
  • Updated for Thunderbird 3.0 final.
  • Fix for overriding the internal Thunderird 3.0 folderpane sort algorithm. Patch by Ben Lerner <blerner at cs.washington.edu>
  • Updated install.rdf for Shredder (Thunderbird 3.2a).
  • Refactored the in-line javascript in folderpane.xul into a separate folderpane.js file.

Somewhere between Thunderbird 3.0b3 and 3.0final a new internal sort function was added to the Thunderbird foldepane widget. This function would override the Folderpane Tools method of sorting accounts. This version of FPT now intercepts the _sortedFolders() function and prevents it from resorting the FPT order of accounts.

Phil

Yes. Finally, yes!
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

AussieRodney wrote:G'day, Phil. I've been following this conversation for a while now. I am running FP 0.6 on TB 3.1. I have just disabled every other extension & my accounts still process in the original order. Like Rocketman, I'm sticking with you because I want to see your extension working!

I have no problems with FP 0.6 on TB 3.1.
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

Rocketman wrote:
AussieRodney wrote:G'day, Phil. I've been following this conversation for a while now. I am running FP 0.6 on TB 3.1. I have just disabled every other extension & my accounts still process in the original order. Like Rocketman, I'm sticking with you because I want to see your extension working!

I have no problems with FP 0.6 on TB 3.1.

I also have no problems with it.
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Hmm. I can't reproduce your problem here. And apparently nobody else in this thread can either. Must be gremlins.

Phil
AussieRodney

Post by AussieRodney »

Hmmm, strange. When I recently changed the order of my accounts, I did notice that the order had changed in the order that the accounts get listed for selection in outgoing messages, but the processing order for incoming messages remained as the default order. I'm sure that I'll have to re-install my whole system at some stage, so I'll address it again then.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing.
NanM

Post by NanM »

Thanks Phil,

Runs happily in 3.1.9 on XP Home SP3.
I installed it today when I didn't have time to figure out the byzantine mail.account prefs server numbers.
It saved me much time!
Fisch.666

Post by Fisch.666 »

Hi!

Any chances to get an updated version for Thunderbird 5.0? Thanks in advance
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Fisch.666 wrote:Hi!

Any chances to get an updated version for Thunderbird 5.0? Thanks in advance

I'll need to see if the current version works in Thunderbird 5.0. If not then I'll have to see what needs to be fixed.

Phil
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

Phil, I forced it to install in TB 5.0 by editing the maxversion to 6.0. It appears to work OK after that. However, since I did a restore of my accounts from 3.1.x to 5.0, I didn't need to rearrange them. The "Override startup folder" setting did work.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Rocketman wrote:Phil, I forced it to install in TB 5.0 by editing the maxversion to 6.0. It appears to work OK after that. However, since I did a restore of my accounts from 3.1.x to 5.0, I didn't need to rearrange them. The "Override startup folder" setting did work.

Thanks for testing! After some minimal testing I've released v0.6.1 for Thunderbird 5+ on both Addons.mozilla.org and on my extension mods page http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#folderpanetools

Phil