Massive Extender

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
meandyou77779

Re: Massive Extender

Post by meandyou77779 »

i have installed Massive extender, but I cannot select the settings (einstellungen).
So could You help me please, what I have to do for running the massive extender. I have already installed the addon-Sammler (its the german name for addon-collector.

Post by avatar.ds »

meandyou77779:
For running Massice Extender, open Add-on Collector in the Extension Manager and choose any collection. The available batch commands will be visible on the toolbar between collection details and list of extensions inside the collection. Check out screenshots on the Massive Extender home page at addons.mozilla.org, they're there to serve as a user guide.

What do you mean by 'cannot select the settings'?
raulm

Post by raulm »

Please make this addon compatible with Minefield beta11pre.
Used Windows 8.1 x64, Firefox 1x, Nightly, openSUSE 12.3 [Desktop]: Intel I5 2500k, 3.30Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia geForce GTX 560 Ti, 2 GB VRAM
My addons collections Mozilla Romania
http://www.rrmediaserv.ro

Post by avatar.ds »

raulm wrote:Please make this addon compatible with Minefield beta11pre.

raulm, thanks for the request!

M.E. depends on the Addon Collector extension which is not compatible with Minefield since 3.7a5pre, so as much as I would like to see how M.E. can be transitioned to the new Addons Manager infrastructure, it is neither possible nor meaningful. Addon Collector is being adapted to Firefox 4 as we speak and when I can lay my hands on a working build, I will see which options I have in order to make M.E. compatible as well.
raulm

Post by raulm »

Now, Addon Collector 2.0 is compatible with Firefox 4. https://addons.mozilla.org/ro/firefox/pages/collector
It is possible now to make your addon compatible with Firefox 4 and AC 2.0?
Used Windows 8.1 x64, Firefox 1x, Nightly, openSUSE 12.3 [Desktop]: Intel I5 2500k, 3.30Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia geForce GTX 560 Ti, 2 GB VRAM
viking2ev

Post by viking2ev »

Please make this essential add-on compatible with Add-on Collector 2.0!
Thanks in Advance!

Post by avatar.ds »

Version 1.0b1 now uploaded on AMO.

IMPORTANT RELEASE NOTES:
- Experimental beta for Firefox 4.0.
- Strictly minimized functionality. Right-click add-on collection summary above collection content list for a pop-up menu which allows to install all add-ons at once.
- Restartless.

Download experimental beta from AMO.

Note: it is compatible with FF4.0+ only and will become active after download without the need to restart. If you used Massive Extender before, you won't see the usual menu/toolbar under the collection summary. Instead, right-click the collection summary to get a pop-up menu with a single conveniently named command for batch installation. Due to the vast improvements to the Add-on Manager functionality in FF4, I felt that most of the other functions that Massive Extender provided in Firefox 3.x now seem to be obsolete.
raulm

Post by raulm »

Right click don't work.
viking2ev

Post by viking2ev »

Right-click doesn't work for me either.

Post by avatar.ds »

raulm, viking2ev - are you sure you're right-clicking on the header which sits above the add-on list of a collection? Is Massive Extender successfully installed and enabled in the add-on manager?

It has failed me too once or twice and I'm trying to figure out what could go wrong, but most of the time it works just fine... This one can be hard to figure out, though I can always switch back to the old proven extension model that will easily smash this bug, but no restartless capability then.

Thanks for taking part in the beta test :-)
viking2ev

Post by viking2ev »

Actually FF asked me to restart after I installed the new version (on top of the old). Massive Extender successfully installed and enabled in the add-on manager (Shows as 1.0b1)
It is not 100% clear where to right-click. I opened the Add-on Manager (which resides in the All-in-One Sidebar extension).
1. I tried to right-click on the header above a specific collection (which shows all the add-ons in that collection). Nothing shows at all.
2. If I instead right-click on a particular extension in the collection, I get a very small and empty pop-up (size of a single word).

Post by avatar.ds »

viking2ev,

I now do see the problem clearly and will work to rectify it. You should get the popup working if you disable and enable M.E. in the Add-on manager, however it fails to get injected into Collector on startup when Add-on manager is not in the current tab. Many thanks for the report.

The only reason you had to restart must be because you had the old version installed, which was not restartless.

The small empty popup you get when right-clicking Collector add-on entries is due to a bug in Collector. It is not related to Massive Extender.

Post by avatar.ds »

Allright, so I think I fixed it.

Beta 1.0b2 for Firefox 4 now available on AMO and according to AMO policies will install automatically for users of the previous beta. It is also available here: Download experimental beta from AMO.

Release notes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented Massive Extender UI to properly initialize on many occasions.
- Added a button for batch installation on the Add-on Collector toolbar located below the list of collections.

So now you can use the new button located in that standard Collector toolbar with 3 other small black buttons.

PS since M.E. is now restartless and upgrades in the background you won't get a lot of feedback from Add-on Manager when it automatically installs the updated beta in the background. You can make sure it is upgraded by checking the version number (1.0b2) and/or enforcing a manual update.
raulm

Post by raulm »

Manual update working. Button for batch appear. But I have only one options: install all add-ons in selected collections. Is it possible to install only some group add-ons (e.g. 10 of 20) of a particular collection?
viking2ev

Post by viking2ev »

It works for me if I create a new profile that doesn't use the All-in-One Sidebar add-on.

However, it doesn't work with All-in-One Sidebar add-on; No right-click popup and the button is missing.
Thus, ME doesn't work with the All-in-One Sidebar add-on anymore (it worked before when using FF 3.x + All-in-One Sidebar add-on)

BTW, I also would like to see an option to install only selected add-ons (like in the previous version), if at all possible?