[Ext] Load Tabs Progressively 1.6 - load tabs one by one

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Nestea

Re: [Ext] Load Tabs Progressively 1.6 - load tabs one by one

Post by Nestea »

How was it used then? Did it work on 20.0? I tried to use it with Multi-Link Paste and Go https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-link-paste-and-go/ but it didn't work
skribb

Post by skribb »

It worked on 20 and what it did was it loaded a given number of tabs for example if you load a session with 20 tabs it would load say 3 tabs and put the others on standby and then those unloaded tabs would load once the first 3 had loaded. If i remember correctly.
genjon

Post by genjon »

Firefox 22 was crashing for me loading as few as 5 tabs from bookmarks and I often load 20+. Silly this isn't built in.

I got the xpi from version 0.9.9 and changed the maxversion to 50.0 but it still wouldn't install until I changed the version to 10.0 and got rid of the homepage URL. (I have no idea what I'm doing :) but this worked for me.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dqez5l7qgbwvz5m
Last edited by LoudNoise on August 1st, 2013, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Killed automatic link parsing
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Killed the download link. If you want to try this, at your own risk of course, copy and paste the url.

Note that the person who first posted this link has one post and has never returned.

genjon wrote:Firefox 22 was crashing for me loading as few as 5 tabs from bookmarks and I often load 20+. Silly this isn't built in.

You really should try to solve this problem by posting in Firefox support.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
genjon

Post by genjon »

LoudNoise wrote:Killed the download link. If you want to try this, at your own risk of course, copy and paste the url.

Note that the person who first posted this link has one post and has never returned.

genjon wrote:Firefox 22 was crashing for me loading as few as 5 tabs from bookmarks and I often load 20+. Silly this isn't built in.

You really should try to solve this problem by posting in Firefox support.

I've got two posts now! Prudent to kill the link and you should run it through VirusTotal if you don't want to edit your install.rdf file yourself.

I submitted the auto reports. Seems to be an issue where slow loading pages + Flash = crash.

"Don't load tabs until selected" sounds like it should do what Load Tabs Progressively does, but it doesn't on bookmarks. Maybe if bookmarks were loaded as background tabs instead of foreground? I will figure out where to feature request.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I'll just kill the link and warn the users.

If you would like support for your problem post in the Firefox Support section. Don't take this thread off topic.

Just a note. The license is MPL. If the fellow wanted to really help he could rename the extension, credit the original developer and upload it to AMO (addons.mozilla.org) and I wouldn't have a problem with the resulting link. The problem with posting at mediafire.com is twofold. The extension will not be tested and, even if it is good right now, there is no guarantee it will be in the future.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
MatureMind

Post by MatureMind »

Loading tabs progressive needs to be a default action of Firefox. There really is no reason anyone will want a folder of bookmarks to open at the same time. Hosts serving the pages (especially the same bookmarked domain) will also be happy for that.

If not, someone should either update the Mod or someone should create and upkeep a new mod that does the same thing. I'm sure there are people that will be willing to make a monetary contribution to see it happen.
genjon

Post by genjon »

I can't find it...could someone point me to where to post bugs, feature requests, and stuff? Maybe my naive hack messed things up, but I'm a bit annoyed with things the way they are. (For some reason, the new Firefox opens every window I ever had open, ever. LOL. I am almost done, but I can't leave without telling you why.)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Can we count on updating this add-on so it will be supported by latest Nightly or at least latest stable Firefox?
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

I have no desire to update it for now due to lack of free time. If someone else wants to pick it up, please leave me a message.