MozillaZine

[Ext] Load Tabs Progressively 1.6 - load tabs one by one

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TehFreek
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 5:33 am

Post Posted July 16th, 2010, 12:10 am

LTP 0.9.9 is causing a 4-second delay when opening new windows, either via menu or Ctrl-N.

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted August 21st, 2010, 5:27 am

TehFreek wrote:LTP 0.9.9 is causing a 4-second delay when opening new windows, either via menu or Ctrl-N.

Update to the latest beta.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

bolobb
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Post Posted August 22nd, 2010, 6:21 am

Last beta gives problems with BarTb. When you unload all tabs and then select one tab... it doesn't load.

bolobb
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Post Posted August 22nd, 2010, 6:35 am

The tabs that don't load are the tabs that were unloaded before clicking "unload all tabs".

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted August 23rd, 2010, 7:48 pm

bolobb wrote:Last beta gives problems with BarTb. When you unload all tabs and then select one tab... it doesn't load.

LTP is not supposed to be used together with BarTab.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

bolobb
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Post Posted August 24th, 2010, 7:41 am

ithinc wrote:
bolobb wrote:Last beta gives problems with BarTb. When you unload all tabs and then select one tab... it doesn't load.

LTP is not supposed to be used together with BarTab.


When I first installed LTP I read that the best use was in combination with BarTab. Now disabling it I see that I use it only to unload all tabs, and, marking them as read with TU, be able to open new tabs keeping unloaded the old ones.

So, if you could improve TU (or LTP) with "unload tab" and "unload other tabs" functions I would be very happy to uninstall BarTab.

:wink:

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted August 25th, 2010, 10:05 am

bolobb wrote:When I first installed LTP I read that the best use was in combination with BarTab. Now disabling it I see that I use it only to unload all tabs, and, marking them as read with TU, be able to open new tabs keeping unloaded the old ones.

So, if you could improve TU (or LTP) with "unload tab" and "unload other tabs" functions I would be very happy to uninstall BarTab.

Where did you read that? It's a misguidance. "Unload Tab" is not planned by TU or LTP.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

bolobb
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Post Posted August 25th, 2010, 1:17 pm

ithinc wrote:
bolobb wrote:When I first installed LTP I read that the best use was in combination with BarTab. Now disabling it I see that I use it only to unload all tabs, and, marking them as read with TU, be able to open new tabs keeping unloaded the old ones.

So, if you could improve TU (or LTP) with "unload tab" and "unload other tabs" functions I would be very happy to uninstall BarTab.

Where did you read that? It's a misguidance. "Unload Tab" is not planned by TU or LTP.


If "unload functions" are not planned and the only addon that gives those now is BarTab, then I have to use it.

If you search "LTP BarTab" you'll find that many bloggers advice the use of both. So I think that many users chose to follow those advices. But is not the aim of every developer to have the addon compatibility as wide as possible?

:?:

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted August 28th, 2010, 1:09 am

bolobb wrote:If you search "LTP BarTab" you'll find that many bloggers advice the use of both. So I think that many users chose to follow those advices.

For example?

bolobb wrote:But is not the aim of every developer to have the addon compatibility as wide as possible?

BarTab and LTP have similar features. They both pause loading tabs. BarTab has a great opportunity to conflict with LTP.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

bolobb
 
Posts: 94
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Post Posted August 29th, 2010, 4:07 am

ithinc wrote:
bolobb wrote:If you search "LTP BarTab" you'll find that many bloggers advice the use of both. So I think that many users chose to follow those advices.

For example?


PM sent.

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:47 pm

bolobb wrote:
ithinc wrote:
bolobb wrote:So, if you could improve TU (or LTP) with "unload tab" and "unload other tabs" functions I would be very happy to uninstall BarTab.

"Unload Tab" is not planned by TU or LTP.


If "unload functions" are not planned and the only addon that gives those now is BarTab, then I have to use it.

A new feature "Restart Tab" will be added in TU, which could be captured by LTP or BarTab. It's similar to "Unload Tab". It's in fact "Unload and Restore", of which "Restore" could be captured and paused by LTP or BarTab.

-------------------------------------------
Edit: Added in TU version 0.9.9.8rc3.
Last edited by ithinc on September 7th, 2010, 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

Razorback71854
 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Post Posted September 5th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Hello, I recently discovered this addon and I love the idea of it, however it doesn't function, as I would expect with various sites. The addon will not load the standard view of gmail (only the HTML version) and Youtube functions are limited as I cannot post comments, expand description boxes, etc. I know this addon is causing the problem, because it was the most recent addon I installed. I didn't have these issues before I installed this addon, and when I disabled it I no longer had any problems.

Please pardon my ignorance of the actual problem; I don't know much about web/addon coding.

I would greatly appreciate it this problem being looked into, I went through quite a bit of trouble finding out where to report this and registering on this site just to report this issue. I love this addon and I hope this issue is resolved, as I cannot use it as long as it’s creating this issue.

Thank you for your time.

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted September 5th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Razorback71854 wrote:Hello, I recently discovered this addon and I love the idea of it, however it doesn't function, as I would expect with various sites. The addon will not load the standard view of gmail (only the HTML version) and Youtube functions are limited as I cannot post comments, expand description boxes, etc. I know this addon is causing the problem, because it was the most recent addon I installed. I didn't have these issues before I installed this addon, and when I disabled it I no longer had any problems.

Hello Razorback71854,

Thank you for your report.
LTP itself works well with Gmail standard view. Please figure out which add-on it conflicts with. Then I will investigate why the conflict happens.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

Razorback71854
 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 5th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Post Posted September 6th, 2010, 12:34 am

ithinc wrote:
Razorback71854 wrote:Hello, I recently discovered this addon and I love the idea of it, however it doesn't function, as I would expect with various sites. The addon will not load the standard view of gmail (only the HTML version) and Youtube functions are limited as I cannot post comments, expand description boxes, etc. I know this addon is causing the problem, because it was the most recent addon I installed. I didn't have these issues before I installed this addon, and when I disabled it I no longer had any problems.

Hello Razorback71854,

Thank you for your report.
LTP itself works well with Gmail standard view. Please figure out which add-on it conflicts with. Then I will investigate why the conflict happens.


I checked each of my addons one by one and the offender seems to be an addon called CookiePie.
I've never really used this addon any my version could possibly be out of date, so there may not be an issue with a more recent version. I have no interest in keeping this addon, but I decided to let you know in case you were still interested in looking into it.

ithinc
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

Post Posted September 6th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Razorback71854 wrote:I checked each of my addons one by one and the offender seems to be an addon called CookiePie.
I've never really used this addon any my version could possibly be out of date, so there may not be an issue with a more recent version. I have no interest in keeping this addon, but I decided to let you know in case you were still interested in looking into it.

Thank you for letting me know. After a simple test, I find this addon cannot work properly with Firefox 3.6.8. It needs updating.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest