tito's extensions

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: tito's extensions

Post by avada »

I noticed that No History misses a couple entries. When I use the apply to current history feature I always get a few. Its not much, less than 10 in around a week in my experience.
_development

Post by _development »

Sorry can you please provide a detailed example, I can't understand.
avada

Post by avada »

_development wrote:Sorry can you please provide a detailed example, I can't understand.

Not really. I think its random. and the numbers are small, so its hard to even point out what sites weren't removed.
_development

Post by _development »

Oh, you mean that after a week if you hit "apply to current history" some entries are deleted, and no changes to the config were made.

Still no perfect then.. don't know.. I'm "listening" onVisit which supposedly should alert me, of every entry added to the history.

BTW, thanks for reporting, if you see some pattern please let me know,
Regards
avada

Post by avada »

After some fidgeting with regex search I felt that somekind of test search feature would be useful. I added a rule for wikipedia and google url-s I filtered with several wildcard searches. I thought it was identical to the ones I replaced, but I got items deleted when I applied them. So I don't have an idea which were deleted.

Anyway I backed up the profile before this so I'd like to figure out what additional items were deleted apart of the ones I intended. Does anyone know of a way I can regex search the history?
_development

Post by _development »

Hi avada, that is very good idea ( displaying listings before deletion ), I'll annotate that, and keep in mind for a near future implementation.
Thanks!
avada

Post by avada »

_development wrote:Hi avada, that is very good idea ( displaying listings before deletion ), I'll annotate that, and keep in mind for a near future implementation.
Thanks!

Swell. Thanks!
Axel Grude

Post by Axel Grude »

Hi Tito,

I just installed the Tools Menu Ontologist, thanks - nice work. =D> Now I would like to request adding my extension QuickPasswords to the Privacy and Security group.

Imagehttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quickpasswords/ :mrgreen:

Likewise, Saved Passwords Editor and Master Password+ are both valuable and should go into this category as well (I only use them, haven't written them).

A few added features would be nice (is the project on bugzilla for posting / tracking enhancement requests?):

-1 an icon for each category
-2 a list of excludes (they should display in the main tools menu, but under the category selection submenu)
-3 (advanced, but nice to have) a (configurable) default extension that is started when the submenu item itself is clicked, (e.g. tools / web development could start firebug) similar to the main items on the new Firefox 4.0 menu

I would volunteer to (help) add features 1 + 2 (although I don't have a github client, doing everything with SVN and CVS at the moment). Have a bit experience with menu manipulation through my other extension QuickFolders (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/)

Could you also improve the support for new extensions by reading some new meta tag from the installer? Then the onus to add this would be passed to the extension developers :)

regards
Axel (Extension author and also AMO Editor)
_development

Post by _development »

Hi Axel,

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

I've added support for QuickPasswords ,MasterPassword+ and Saved Passwords Editor.

The code of the extensions is hosted on github.
As you may know, I've writing lots of these!, and since building the extension manually and keep the shared code uptodate is a complex task, I wrote a PHP script to do that automatically.

I'm very open to changes by you or someone else to this or to any other extension. These are very welcome.

Basically what I do is:
Download the repository to a folder called _em/ under my document root.
modify the file that you want to change ( example: https://github.com/titoBouzout/extensio ... s/_main.js )
test by loading in a browser http://localhost/_em/Compiler.php
click "menuOntologist" link to automatically build and install the add-on.
once changes are good, bump version number https://github.com/titoBouzout/extensio ... t/info.txt ( the 8 )
commit changes.

git is very easy to use, I use "Tortoise Git" on Windows and "Komodo" in combination with "Komodin"(another extension of my! ) on Linux.

Regards
modo79

Post by modo79 »

hola tito

i was wondering what happened to your 'link finder' extension in firefox 4 - that was one of the most useful extensions i had ever used. do you have any plans of updating the old version so that it works in firefox 4?

thanks and regards

modo
avada

Post by avada »

modo79 wrote:hola tito

i was wondering what happened to your 'link finder' extension in firefox 4 - that was one of the most useful extensions i had ever used. do you have any plans of updating the old version so that it works in firefox 4?

thanks and regards

modo

Not just that. All tito extensions were removed. Why would one remove the addons instead of just leave them as they are is beyond me. Does anyone have the xpi for the latest version of no-history?
_development

Post by _development »

Hola,

I decided to delete most of my add-ons from AMO. The reason is that I don't share the way AMO works.
I was thinking what to do next and I'm still not sure. I'm going to use this thread for distribution via dropbox. That's ok for me.

Sure, a user will not find my add-ons when the their go to "tools -> addons" and type some related words. I can live with that.

OK, The list of my add-ons with descriptions and installable links can be found on item0 of this thread. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1920197
As always user feedback is welcome.
s.maturin

Post by s.maturin »

Hi,

Thank you for developing Font Replacer, it's a great extension, I use it to read pages in transliterated Russian (Roman script is more readable than Cyrillic, in my opinion, and using a font mapping editor it's easy to change all Russian pages from Cyrillic to transliterad Roman).

However, there is a small bug: when it's replacing a font that is Bold in the original page (eg Arial Bold), with my customized Arialtrans Bold, it picks characters out of the Bold font not according to their Unicode mapping, but according to the "raw" glyph index in the Normal (ie. not bold) font file. So, e.g. if the glyph index for the letter 'N' in the non-bold, regular, font file is $0031, it will pick whatever character is under $0031 in the bold version (say M, because Bold might have an extra character before N), regardless of whether its mapping is N or something else, and incorrectly render it on the page. When I turn off the Font Replacer, default Firefox renderer picks out the correct glyph. Would it be possible to correct this behavior? Thank you.
_development

Post by _development »

Hi, Many thanks for your very detailed bug report.

I understand... my knowledge about fonts is very limited, but anyway I'm happy to help you solve this issue.

This can be a bug into Font replacer or with @font-face implementation.

Let just build a test-case, so we can check if there is a workaround.

I've uploaded the test: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/extensi ... /test.html

Code is very simple, in case you feel comfortable with editing this test.

Can you please modify the text and font, to some text and font that is causing you problems:

Code: Select all

Somewhere there is a dragon <font face="tahoma"><b>throwing</b> fire</font> from the mouth.

and update src:local("Arial") value to your customized font.

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
     @font-face
     {
      font-family:tahoma;
      src:local("Arial")
     }
   </style>

Also it would be nice, to have a copy of the font your are using and two Screen-shots, one showing the render issue and one showing the expected issue.

I'll investigate then , If I can fix the bug my self we should look into bugzilla in order to report this if appropriated.

Regard,
_development

Post by _development »

LOL: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)