tito's extensions

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
_development

tito's extensions

Post by _development »

Hi!
From some time I have been playing with extensions.
I have developed an appreciated amount, some of them are useful, some not, some in very strange circumstances.
I start this thread in the hope to provide support and listening.

The list in no special order:

• Blogger Web Comments ² - Display comments made on blogs to the current page.
  • DMOZ Bookmarks - Send to your browser bookmarks dmoz categories.
  • Edit ~> Preferences - Moves the menuitem "Options" back to Edit -> Preferences.
  • Error Console Message Remover - Persistent error console message remover.
  • Font Replacer - Adds the ability of replace a font with another font.
  • History Search - Simply, [the content of] every visited page goes to an independent database. By going to "Tools" -> "History Search" you will be able to do text searches on the content of old visited web pages (history).
  • Image Counter - Counter of images on the current page.
  • Link Finder - Finds and focus any link on the current document or in all tabs.. including frames.. from a sidebar.
  • Meta Description & Title on Top - Adds a tabbar notification displaying the current site "meta description"
  • No History - Removes entries from the history using regular expressions
  • No Referrer ( Misspelled Referer ) - Avoids send referrer to websites.
  • ODP Magic.. - A tool for dmoz editors.
  • Sort tabs - Sort tabs by domain, subdomain and url. [This is the very first extension about tab sorting.]
  • Tab Filter / Tab Search - Hide all tabs that not match your search.
  • Tools Menu Ontologist - To the rescue of the tools menu.
  • URL To Tab Title - Puts the URL of the tabs into the label of the tabs
  • Where's the email!? - Indexes mails found on webpages
  • Formito - A really nice form filler, very similar to roboform. Provides one button to automatically fill logins, passwords and general web forms. List form data by domain and allows one click connection ( open URL, filling, submit ). Saves the data encrypted locally.
  • JS Command - very similar to the original javascript command adds a sidebar to be able to evaluate chrome JavaScript.
  • Tab Multiple Handler (SeaMonkey) - Very similar to the original piro´s "Multiple Tab Handler" it adds the ability to select multiples tabs at once to apply commands such close, reload, bookmark, etc.

PS: I develop too extensions for Komodo IDE.

Support me by sending a book from my wish-list.
http://www.amazon.com/Roberto-Bouzout/w ... 0MYDPQ1ZC/

[edit] - replaces AMO links for dropbox links.
Add more extensions to the list.
_
Last edited by _development on August 1st, 2011, 2:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Ohe-Ohe

Re: tito's extensions

Post by Ohe-Ohe »

Hi!

For your Meta Description & Title on Top extension, is it possible to add a keyboard shortcutto show/hide the Meta Description & Title toolbar ?

thanks
_development

Post by _development »

Hello! Noticed this post today,
I've added keyboard short-cut "CTRL + M" and the add-on is now pending "review",
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... .100928.14
Regards
Tito.
didli

Post by didli »

Hi !
Formito is really great : simple & clear, exactly what i need. Do you think you could merge the two buttons in one ? I could gain some place in my toolbar (I have a tiny screen resolution).
Now Thanks again for Formito ! Keep up the good work !
e.alimonda

Post by e.alimonda »

Hi. Do you plan on adding back Mac OS X support to the "No Referrer ( Misspelled Referer )" extension?

I used to use it before switching to Firefox 4, and it was a really good add-on. It's sad to see the last version doesn't support Mac anymore.
Sabardeyn

Re: History Search and Tools Menu Ontologist questions

Post by Sabardeyn »

History Search:
I'm not sure if Mozilla has guidelines for menu placement, but you might want to move this from the Tools menu to the History menu. I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to find it. I assumed it would be a part of either the History menu, or the History Library, not Tools.

The search results (with the default, medium snippet size) can be quite dense with text, making it hard to find the desired page. Drawing extra attention to any searched term(s) would help. Offer either highlighting and/or colored text - along with user definable colors.

Tools Menu Ontologist:
Interesting idea! I've found an add-on out of place: Better Privacy is Uncategorized, should be Privacy and Security. Also, why is Twitter on there automatically?
Sabardeyn
Online infrequently, responses made accordingly.
_development

Post by _development »

Do you think you could merge the two buttons in one ? I could gain some place in my toolbar (I have a tiny screen resolution).

Not sure how can I mix two buttons with different actions. Looks more intuitive two buttons!.
Do you plan on adding back Mac OS X support to the "No Referrer ( Misspelled Referer )" extension?

You may want to test it and see if it works. There is an error somewhere that I can't find. Since I don't have a Mac, it's impossible to me debug the error.
History Search:
I'm not sure if Mozilla has guidelines for menu placement, but you might want to move this from the Tools menu to the History menu. I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to find it. I assumed it would be a part of either the History menu, or the History Library, not Tools.

That becuase I use "Tools Menu Ontologist"...

The search results (with the default, medium snippet size) can be quite dense with text, making it hard to find the desired page. Drawing extra attention to any searched term(s) would help. Offer either highlighting and/or colored text - along with user definable colors.

Taking note, thanks!.
Tools Menu Ontologist:
Interesting idea! I've found an add-on out of place: Better Privacy is Uncategorized, should be Privacy and Security.

IIRC better privacy doesn't have an ID.

Also, why is Twitter on there automatically?
Because I think is the best resource to get information of current very fresh events.

Thanks all for feedback" I've so many add-on and lots of request. With time and motivation I will slowly push fix and ideas from users. Thank you.
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

Hi Timo!

I really like your extensions. I did a Russian translation for extensions.

See the Russian translation:
- for "No History" - http://ukrntb.com/misc/ff/no-history_ru.zip
- for "History Search" - http://ukrntb.com/misc/ff/history-search_ru.zip

To "History Search", I also changed the files icon.png (small correction) and history.css. I changed the history.css so that the phrases that are found (in the title, text and URLs) were selected on a yellow background. Check, please.

Best regards
Sergey.
Success is dependent on effort
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

PS I am sorry, I meant the file search.png (but did not file icon.png).
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

PPS

I would like you to add the option to enable/disable saving in the base html... (for the "History Search")

Best regards
Sergei.
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

Timo, maybe you want to change the file historySearch.jar\content\js\view.plain.js, the line:
var aTXT = this.trim(this.htmlEntityDecode(this.decodeUTF8Recursive(this.stripTags(this.stripTagsWithContent(row.history_pages_page_html), ' ').replace(/\r+/g, '\n').replace(/ +\n+/g, '\n').replace(/\t+\n+/g, '\n').replace(/\n+/g, '\n').replace(/ +/g, ' ').replace(/\t\t+/g, '\t\t'))));

replace by line:
var aTXT = this.trim(this.htmlEntityDecode(this.decodeUTF8Recursive(this.stripTags(this.stripTagsWithContent(row.history_pages_page_text), ' ').replace(/\r+/g, '\n').replace(/ +\n+/g, '\n').replace(/\t+\n+/g, '\n').replace(/\n+/g, '\n').replace(/ +/g, ' ').replace(/\t\t+/g, '\t\t'))));

In this case, when viewing the results in text mode, you will see clean text (without html-tags).
_development

Post by _development »

Hi Vinser,
Thanks for taking the time to do some tweaks and contributions!

2nd - It's not "Timo", it's "Tito" ;)
3rd - About "selected on a yellow background" : I'll add an option to "highlight result with yellow", so users like me that don't like the yellow background can disable this, but I'm sure someone else will want to enable this.
4 - What do you mean with "enable / disable saving in the base html"? can you provide details if you have time, please.
5 - About "tags displaying when you see clean text (without html-tags)."
I'm not seeing any tags, when viewing plain text. You may see tags(but not interpreted) if the tag is escaped in the original HTML.
I mean, For example this strong tag:

Code: Select all

<b>I'm strong and here is the important code</b>

Is part of the content of the page. Not a tag to strip.
BTW, maybe and probably there is some pages, with valid / invalid HTML, with a crazy code that bypass the tag strip. (but these will never be interpreted, just shown)
_development

Post by _development »

Oh, forgot to mention that I'll be away some days, here there is full of sun and wonderful nights of t-shirts :)
See you soon on next weeks.
Regards
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

Hi Tito,
I apologize for "Timo"... ;)

4 - What do you mean with "enable / disable saving in the base html"? can you provide details if you have time, please.

I had in mind the following ... It would be nice if there was an option that would allow enable / disable saving to the database the pages in source code (HTML).

Now in the database pages visited are stored as html (in row.history_pages_page_html), and text (in row.history_pages_page_text). Because of this, the database size is two times more "than necessary. " The foregoing is an option would allow (if desired user) to leave in the database only text (row.history_pages_page_text), and row.history_pages_page_html - do not save to.

I hope I'm clearly explained? Sorry for my "English"...
Vinser

Post by Vinser »

Oh, forgot to mention that I'll be away some days, here there is full of sun and wonderful nights of t-shirts :)
See you soon on next weeks.

Are you happy... And we have real winter - snow and frost -10C.

Best regards!