[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Johan_et_Pirlouit

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by Johan_et_Pirlouit »

yuoo2k wrote:
Johan_et_Pirlouit wrote:With Firefox 12, Personal Titlebar v1.0.20111112 works but only patially: it causes FF to not to be able to personalize menu bars: after opening menu personalization window, all menus are frozen and don't go back to a correct working state... Restarting FF is needed and no personalization is applied.

Hello, I can't reproduce this problem, would you please create a new profile and give me the detail reproduce steps, Thanks.

Hi yuoo2k,

(I'm sorry to be late to answer :oops: ...)

A strange thing is that when I create a new profile with only Personal Titlebar and Tab Mix Plus I can't reproduce the problem :-k ...

But, with my current config, I tried disabling one by one all other extensions I use, I also went back to FF default theme and I saw that Personal Titlebar seems to conflict with Tab mix Plus... The issue doesn't occur when I disable Tab Mix Plus.

Here is my current config:
- Firefox 12.0
- Kempelton Reloaded 4.1.6
- Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.2
- Personal Titlebar 1.0.20111112
- Cookies Manager+ 1.5.1
- Dictionnaires français 4.5
- Gui:config 1.2.2
- Menu Icon Plus 2.2
- Personal Menu 5.0.7
- Status-4-Evar 2012.04.21.13
- Titlebar Text 1.4
- Toolbar Buttons 1.0

With all these extensions activated, I could get these error messages in the console:

TabMix tabbrowser_4.xml:335 :
initializeTabmixUI - some extension initialize tabbrowser-tabs binding again

Horodatage : 29/05/2012 05:16:14
Erreur : uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://browser/content/search/search.xml :: :: line 91" data: no]

TabMix tabbrowser_4.xml:335 :
initializeTabmixUI - some extension initialize tabbrowser-tabs binding again

Horodatage : 29/05/2012 05:16:14
Erreur : uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMXULElement.replaceChild]" nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/customizeToolbar.js :: unwrapToolbarItems :: line 220" data: no]

Ragards,
Johan
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Johan_et_Pirlouit wrote:But, with my current config, I tried disabling one by one all other extensions I use, I also went back to FF default theme and I saw that Personal Titlebar seems to conflict with Tab mix Plus... The issue doesn't occur when I disable Tab Mix Plus.

Here is my current config:
- Firefox 12.0
- Kempelton Reloaded 4.1.6
- Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.2
- Personal Titlebar 1.0.20111112
- Cookies Manager+ 1.5.1
- Dictionnaires français 4.5
- Gui:config 1.2.2
- Menu Icon Plus 2.2
- Personal Menu 5.0.7
- Status-4-Evar 2012.04.21.13
- Titlebar Text 1.4
- Toolbar Buttons 1.0

Hello, I tried to install all above extensions you mentioned, but I still can't reproduce the menu frozen problem.
Maybe you have some extension settings cause the problem, please help figure out, then describe the reproduce steps in detail, thank you.
handheadman

Post by handheadman »

Johan_et_Pirlouit wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:
Johan_et_Pirlouit wrote:With Firefox 12, Personal Titlebar v1.0.20111112 works but only patially: it causes FF to not to be able to personalize menu bars: after opening menu personalization window, all menus are frozen and don't go back to a correct working state... Restarting FF is needed and no personalization is applied.

Hello, I can't reproduce this problem, would you please create a new profile and give me the detail reproduce steps, Thanks.

I've been having the same problem. To reproduce, enable Multi-row tabs in Tab Mix Plus Options (Display > When tabs don't fit width: Multi-row).
Johan_et_Pirlouit

Post by Johan_et_Pirlouit »

handheadman wrote:I've been having the same problem. To reproduce, enable Multi-row tabs in Tab Mix Plus Options (Display > When tabs don't fit width: Multi-row).

YESS!! That's it!

By the way here are the results with my config in Tab Mix Plus Options -> Display > Tab bar -> "When tabs don't fit width:"
- "Scrollable without buttons" selected -> No problems.
- "Scrollable with buttons on left and right side" selected -> No problems.
- "Scrollable with buttons on right side" selected -> FF hangs.
- "Multi-row" selected -> FF hangs.

So, might it be a Tab Mix Plus issue?
handheadman

Post by handheadman »

Johan_et_Pirlouit wrote:
handheadman wrote:I've been having the same problem. To reproduce, enable Multi-row tabs in Tab Mix Plus Options (Display > When tabs don't fit width: Multi-row).

YESS!! That's it!

By the way here are the results with my config in Tab Mix Plus Options -> Display > Tab bar -> "When tabs don't fit width:"
- "Scrollable without buttons" selected -> No problems.
- "Scrollable with buttons on left and right side" selected -> No problems.
- "Scrollable with buttons on right side" selected -> FF hangs.
- "Multi-row" selected -> FF hangs.

So, might it be a Tab Mix Plus issue?

Seems to be. I tried to report it on the official Tab Mix Plus forum (http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/index.php), but am having problems logging into it. :-/
h13.Bishop

Post by h13.Bishop »

Hi. Help needed. After a few firefox updates PT become a little glitchy.
Normally my Titlebar looks like this:
But when I'm customizing titlebar it becomes like this:
And after restart all my modifications to buttons positions adding or removing elements are gone.
Is there any way to track this problem and fix?
Thank you.
Xeonic

Post by Xeonic »

yuoo2k wrote:
Xeonic wrote:Any updates for this, it seems to crash firefox if I try changing "Customize.." have to disable this addon just to make a change to the icons.

Hello, I can't see the crash problem, can you describe the reproduce steps in detail, thanks!

THis is the exact problem I get.. and then firefox locks up, it was this addon afteral

h13.Bishop wrote:Hi. Help needed. After a few firefox updates PT become a little glitchy.
Normally my Titlebar looks like this:
But when I'm customizing titlebar it becomes like this:
And after restart all my modifications to buttons positions adding or removing elements are gone.
Is there any way to track this problem and fix?
Thank you.
Lazy Jones

Post by Lazy Jones »

Hello!

This is really nice addon. I would like to ask if it is possible to add an option to hide Firefox app button. In my humble opinion, for us, users who displaying whole menu items, firefox button is not needed. I have found other addon that does exactly what i want. It's called App Button Remove 1.0.

The reason i'm asking to add this option is that i (and i believe many others too) would like to use as few addons as possible.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
fumo

Post by fumo »

I have been using this add-on for a long time now and never had any problems - great job.
But since yesterday I think it doesn't save any changes. Maybe the problem happened a long time ago but I just discoverd it now because one of my icons disappeared and when I restore it and restart firefox it disappears again.
I tried uninstalling add-on but after re-installation all the settings are saved.
Can someone tell me in which file (in firefox's appdata folder) Personal Titlebar stores settings? So I maybe could delete it and set everything from the start.

I was using Waterfox13 but I tested it on new Firefox 14b10 and it's the same.

:arrow: EDIT:
sry, I just discovered that it's only problem with AdblockPlus Icon which always disappears. All the other ones are working fine.
Now this is even weirder...
Not sure if this is Personal Titlebar or AdblockPlus bug, BUT when I place the icon somewhere else - NOT on the Personal Titlebar it stays there.
I also tried deleting localstore.rdf in my profile folder but it still keeps happening when I try to put Adblock icon in Titlebar.
not here anymore

Post by not here anymore »

I'm a new PT user, and I want to inquire about a possible bug. Referring to the screen shots below, in which both have PT installed, once add-on icons are added to the Menu Bar Toolbar, its width, as well as the App Menu button width, nearly doubles in size. Why and how to fix?

Win7 x64
FF 14.0.1
ABP w/element hider, FEBE/CLEO/OPIE, Ghostery, HackTheWeb, Memory Fox, More About, NoScript, Nuke Anything Enhanced, Restartless Restart, Saved Password Editor, Scriptish, Tab Mix Plus, Tile Tabs

Update: I have also noticed that the ABP icon disappears from the Toolbar when Firefox is restarted. I am currently running ABPv2.1.1 with ABP Element Hiderv1.2.3
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k,

I am extremely happy to announce that Thunderbird has *finally* landed the code for adding the
AppMenu button for Thunderbird (fixed for for version 17, which will also be the next ESR version),
thus hopefully paving the way for you to be able to add support for Thunderbird in Personal Titlebar...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=650170

thanks so much for Personal Titlebar yuoo2k! It is still one of the best addons I've ever found for
Firefox, and hopefully now soon for Thunderbird as well!

Charles
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k...

Ok, Thunderbird 17 is now released, so, hopefully it won't be too much trouble to add support for it in PT?

I would love to be able to switch from Hide Menubar to PT...

Asl always, thanks so much for PT (and Hide Menubar!), and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Charles
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Hi yuoo2k...
Ok, Thunderbird 17 is now released, so, hopefully it won't be too much trouble to add support for it in PT?
Asl always, thanks so much for PT (and Hide Menubar!), and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Charles

Hello,
I've added the support for Thunderbird 17+, please try the new version:

v1.0.20121130: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Support Thunderbird 17+
h13.Bishop

Post by h13.Bishop »

yuoo2k wrote:
tanstaafl_bh wrote:Hi yuoo2k...
Charles

Hello,
I've added the support for Thunderbird 17+, please try the new version:

v1.0.20121130: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Support Thunderbird 17+

No bugfix?! Image
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

h13.Bishop,

I have seen this happen before, but only very rarely, and it is easy enough to fix - I just had to 'Restore Default Set' to fix it.

The *only* issue I have right now with PT and Firefox is for some reason, one profile (probably my oldest) simply won't display
the 'Menu' (I use 'Tinymenu' addon). When I unhide the menu bar it is there, but when I had it again, it is gone, and restoring
default set won't fix it. I just haven't taken the time to start over with a fresh profile because it isn't that big of a deal

Or, maybe you have another extension conflicting somewhere... what other extensions do you use?