[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by yuoo2k »

kulmegil wrote:Great job! the way Moz guys should have done that in the first place...

Yes, please help vote bug#583959.

kulmegil wrote:Would it be possible for the toolbar to be available from the beginning as the separate toolbar?
And being able to D&D items directly to personal-titlebar?

The original thought is using the titlebar unused space to replace the menubar. You can see the related discussion in bug#583959.

And due to this is an extension, current behavior ensures that there is nothing missed if users disable or uninstall the personal tiltlbar.
kulmegil

Post by kulmegil »

There is one strange thing I noticed with Titlebar. To be honest I took this as a trunk feature at first but it appears that it's impossible to do this without Personal Titlebar.

It allows You to move statusbar widget out of addon-bar.
..is this a future of any kind?

The fun ends after browser restart when widget is back to it's old place :( - I think it's a buggy behavior because addon-bar is not inside toolbarset, although I'm not sure if it was intended to be moved in the first place.
(just in case - sorry for my english)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

kulmegil wrote:There is one strange thing I noticed with Titlebar. To be honest I took this as a trunk feature at first but it appears that it's impossible to do this without Personal Titlebar.

It allows You to move statusbar widget out of addon-bar.
..is this a future of any kind?

The fun ends after browser restart when widget is back to it's old place :( - I think it's a buggy behavior because addon-bar is not inside toolbarset, although I'm not sure if it was intended to be moved in the first place.

Yes, Personal Titlebar allows you to drag-n-drop any toolbar items. That is why you can move the addon-bar widget to other toolbar.
But after restart Firefox, it will move back to addon-bar, I guess Firefox did some checking for this on startup, or it is created dynamically.

The easy way is forcing the addon-bar widget unable to drag.
Or maybe it is important for user to move addon-bar widget to titlebar?
kulmegil

Post by kulmegil »

For the test I edited browser.xul and enabled dragging & moved it's initial position to other toolbars.
Forget to test what happen when removed from toolbars completely, but aside it behaved just like any other items.
I haven't found specific code that would target sidebar item behavior so I think it's just buggy because toolbars were always suppose to reside inside toolbarset items.

The other story is whenever devs consider it should be moveable at all.
I think it should be draggable. I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be and filled a bug about it.

I don't know much about extensions and stuff so I'll just use simple uc code to move it to my desired position for now.
Just wanted to know. But wouldn't mind if You leave it or workaround this problem (or Moz guys will fix it).
(just in case - sorry for my english)
CloverFuchs

Post by CloverFuchs »

(Cross-posted from the Mozilla Add-Ons forum.)

I have two small problems with this. I put my Tabbar and a bunch of custom buttons into the title bar. Even with all of my other addons disabled, there is a small space between the Navigation Bar and the tabs. The other thing is, even with the Firefox button hacked out, the tabs do not touch the top of my screen, which really cripples this addon's usability with what I want it for. Is there a simple CSS hack I could try to fix either or both of these problems? I'd be all for it.

Oh, and would it be possible to choose what 'button style' I want for any given button? When I moved my custom menu buttons into the title bar, they lose their little glass bubbles; and I wanted that.

This shows the space above and under the tabs on an unmodified firefox:
This shows the same on my modified firefox:
The first just shows the space above the tabs when non-maximised, the second shows how personas interact with Personal Titlebar.

EDIT: I figured out why the line is there like that... the attribute 'hideBorderTop' in 'titlebar-menubar' needs to be set to true. I don't know nearly enough about javascript to do it myself, so here's hoping you see it! I really can't stand my tabs being split from the rest of my UI like this...
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

CloverFuchs wrote:...

1. allow tabs touch the top of screen:

Code: Select all

#personal-titlebar {
  padding: 0 !important;
}

2. remove the small space between the Navigation Bar and the tabs:

#personal-titlebar {
  height: 23px !important;
}

3. use glass bubbles button style:

#personal-titlebar .toolbarbutton-1 {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  -moz-box-shadow: 0pt 0pt 0pt 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3) inset, 0pt 0pt 0pt 2px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1) inset, 0pt 1px 0pt rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15) !important;
  border: 1px !important;
  margin: 1px !important;
  padding: 1px 3px !important;
}
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v1.0.20110115: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Compatible with Firefox 4.0b9+/Windows Only

Due to Firefox 4 Beta 9 introduced a new feature: "TabsInTitlebar" (Put tabs in title bar when window is maximized).
It is incompatible with this extension, thus, this version will disable it automatically.
Sealord

Post by Sealord »

Personal Titlebar 1.0.20110115 with XPSP3 FF 4b9
Bookmark Toolbar Items in titlebar the following right clicks do not work
Open in a New Tab
Open in a New Window.

Also tried using new profile with just this add on - same thing.

Thanks for your good work.
Sealord

Post by Sealord »

the following right clicks do not work

Sorry - false alarm. Now it works. Only difference I closed FF4b9 and reopened it...
BrunoReX

Post by BrunoReX »

I found two problems one problem with the extension.

1st:
If I have bookmarks that get pushed out when the menu is enabled, when I disable the menu, they are still hidden.
If I bring out the customize window and close it, they appear again.
See the example image.

2nd:
When the bookmarks are in the titlebar, the menu actions do nothing.

My bad. Like Sealord said, only needed to restart for the menu actions to work.

Not a big deal for me, since I haven't changed the bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar for ages. :mrgreen:
Thank you for this excellent extension.
XeonG

Post by XeonG »

I also think this should have originally been possible on FF4, infact it was something I had tried to do on Win7 with an earlier FF4 beta, was put the bookmarks onto the same menubar only to find out it wasn't possible, unless you had the expanded menu. Good thing I noticed this addon.

However I do really think you should provide support for the actual titlebar that is now missing when you use the new menubar :D, like an extra titlebar element in the customize menu that can be dragged onto the toolbar along with the bookmarks etc!

Reason is that the some addons (MR Tech Toolkit(doesn't work with FF4) and Nighty Tester Tools(works but doesn't include ${TabCount}) allow you to change the titlebar to include more useful info... like

// ${TabCount} // ${AppBuildID}
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

BrunoReX wrote:If I have bookmarks that get pushed out when the menu is enabled, when I disable the menu, they are still hidden.
If I bring out the customize window and close it, they appear again.
See the example image.

Thanks for the report, please try the following new version:
v1.0.20110118: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: Update the Bookmarks Toolbar Chevron when press [F10] to toggle the Main Menu display.
BrunoReX

Post by BrunoReX »

yuoo2k wrote:Thanks for the report, please try the following new version:
v1.0.20110118: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: Update the Bookmarks Toolbar Chevron when press [F10] to toggle the Main Menu display.

Works fine with the new version, thanks for the fast update. =D>
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

XeonG wrote:However I do really think you should provide support for the actual titlebar that is now missing when you use the new menubar :D, like an extra titlebar element in the customize menu that can be dragged onto the toolbar along with the bookmarks etc!

Hello, Thanks for the suggestion, please try the new version:
v1.0.20110120: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Added: New [Titlebar Text] toolbar Item in Customize Toolbar Panel.

Usage: Right-click on any Toolbar, choose "Customize...", drag the "Titlebar Text" toolbaritem, drop on Menu Bar, click "Done".
XeonG

Post by XeonG »

yuoo2k wrote:
XeonG wrote:However I do really think you should provide support for the actual titlebar that is now missing when you use the new menubar :D, like an extra titlebar element in the customize menu that can be dragged onto the toolbar along with the bookmarks etc!

Hello, Thanks for the suggestion, please try the new version:
v1.0.20110120: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Added: New [Titlebar Text] toolbar Item in Customize Toolbar Panel.

Usage: Right-click on any Toolbar, choose "Customize...", drag the "Titlebar Text" toolbaritem, drop on Menu Bar, click "Done".

Great job...

On testing my only suggestion would more customization and control.. like if there was a way to have the [Titlebar Text] or [BookmarkToolbar Items] any other element(s) anchored to the right side of the toolbar, with text aligned to the right aswel (much like my fake screenshot demonstrates). Its just aesthetically nicer having such things separated such that they aren't attached directly and moving about. Like if you put [Titlebar Text] before [BookmarkToolbar Items], the booksmarks move about if you've got some titlebar text variable that changes.

Anyway now just to get ${TabCount} variable back in one of those other extensions so I can see it the titlebar...