[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Maybe you missed my previous question - any chance of adding support for Thunderbird 5, now that its out?

Hello, I download the latest nightly Thunderbird 7.0a2 (Earlybird), but I still didn't see the App Menu.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hmmm... I didn't know that Personal Titlebar requires the App Menu (you mean like the Firefox button?)...

I'm just looking for the ability to move everything in the menu bar up to the Window Titlebar.

I already use TinyMenu extension to collapse the menus into a single menu (will lose that extension once Thunderbird also has the App button and Movable Firefox Button changes to Movable Mozilla Button and supports both FF and TB).

You had said a long time ago that you would be able to support TB once it moved to the newer version of GEcko that allowed things to move into the Titlebar.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k,

This is an even more pressing issue for me now that you have dropped support for Thunderbird in the more recent version of Hide Menubar...

Any chance of either continuing to support Thunderbird in Hide Menubar, or taking another look at assing support for TBird in Personal Titlebar without the App Button?

If it is too much trouble, no problem, I'll just suffer until the App Menu is added to TBird... thanks as always for these wonderful extensions!
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k...

Fyi, the bug for adding tabs on top support for Thunderbird is currently being done and appears to be almost finished:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644169

Hopefully this will make it possible to add support for Thunderbird with Personal Titlebar... which I am *so* looking forward to! :)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Fyi, the bug for adding tabs on top support for Thunderbird is currently being done and appears to be almost finished:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644169
Hopefully this will make it possible to add support for Thunderbird with Personal Titlebar... which I am *so* looking forward to! :)

Strange... I didn't see they implement the App Menu, the requirement is the ability to put the UI controls on window title bar, just like Firefox Menu does.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Well, you never directly answered my
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

sorry, accidentally hit enter...

you never directly answered my question about the App menu.. why is it needed? I thought all that was needed was support for the tabs on top... I use 'TinyMenu' to collapse all menus into one, which gives me plenty of room to put all buttons into the menu bar...

But, if the App menu is a requirement for you to be able to support TBird, then I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. There is a separate bug for the App menu button, and it will happen, but I don't know when...

Anyway, thanks again for Personal Titlebar, and for being willing to consider supporting Thunderbird if/when it becomes possible!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

I found this setting: (it seems works on all Gecko 2.0+)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL/At ... romemargin

If we set the attribute (chromemargin="0,-1,-1,-1") on window, the window title bar will disappear,
so, the first toolbar will show on top, it will look like the first toolbar is drawing on title bar.
Interesting... 8-)

tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

yuoo2k wrote:I found this setting: (it seems works on all Gecko 2.0+)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL/At ... romemargin

If we set the attribute (chromemargin="0,-1,-1,-1") on window, the window title bar will disappear,
so, the first toolbar will show on top, it will look like the first toolbar is drawing on title bar.

Interesting... 8-)

Hmmm... so, I'd add this to userChrome file? That syntax doesn't look right... what would be the appropriate line to add exactly?
Last edited by tanstaafl_bh on October 31st, 2011, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hmmm... but looking at your screenshot, it overwrites the Close, Minimize and Maximize buttons in the upper right corner, which isn't good...
Fanolian

Post by Fanolian »

Starting from 1.0.20111023, if I put the tabs on the titlebar, there is a 2 pixels tall difference from the last version.
Is this a necessary change? Or can I regain the 2 pixels height without using the old version?
Thanks in advance.

p.s. The same happens if I use Personal Titlebar with Tree Style Tab, and set Tree Style Tab to use vertical tab.

Screenshots:

yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Fanolian wrote:Starting from 1.0.20111023, if I put the tabs on the titlebar, there is a 2 pixels tall difference from the last version.
Is this a necessary change? Or can I regain the 2 pixels height without using the old version?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, thanks for the report, please try the new version:
v1.0.20111030: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
- Adjust style for Tabs Bar on Title Bar.
Fanolian

Post by Fanolian »

yuoo2k wrote:Hello, thanks for the report, please try the new version:
v1.0.20111030: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
- Adjust style for Tabs Bar on Title Bar.

Thanks for the quick reply.
With this version it even uses 1 pixel less vertically than 1.0.20110810 (or 3 pixel improvement from 1.0.20111023!) on a new profile. =D>
However in my main profile with Tree Style Tab installed this particular issue still persists, no matter what the value of extensions.treestyletab.compatibility.PersonalTitlebar is. I may have to report it to TST's author after AMO gets updated with this latest version.

update: I was not able to reproduce the above issue myself on a new profile with Personal Titlebar and TreeStyle Tab installed :? . I guess I have to use 1.0.20110810 until I want to use a new main profile. ](*,)
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Ok, there are now 'try' builds available with the new 'Tabs on top' feature implemented for testing:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644169#c55

yuoo2k - you still never directly answered my question - is the 'App Menu Button' *required* for you to be able to add support for Thunderbird? Or is it just the tabs on top functionality? If it is required, I'll go see if I can prod someone to pick that one up too...

Regardless, thanks so much for considering adding support for Thunderbird once it is possible...
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:is the 'App Menu Button' *required* for you to be able to add support for Thunderbird? Or is it just the tabs on top functionality?

In order to implement the "App Menu" feature, the Firefox developers create a "chromemargin" attribute that allows hide the window title bar, then they use XUL implement a fully new "App Menu Title Bar" to replace the original window title bar.

That is why Personal Titlebar need the "App Menu" implementation, because Mozilla has done a lot to implement the title bar in XUL. If Mozilla can also implement this for TB, Personal Titlebar can simply add support for TB rather than implement a fully new title bar by myself.